Skip to content

'No such Character Found' error

Hi all,

I was stuck in the introduction earlier and later was not able to log into that character, constantly receiving the 'No such character found' error and being kicked back to the log in page. This meant I could not run the 'deleteme' command. I also can't remake the character as the name already exists.

Following this I have tried to make new characters but every new character gets the same error once I have to re-log into the game 'No such character found'. This means I've tried 3 different characters so far, can't access any of them to play the game, can't restart them or start new characters.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Hi Tyne!

I am having the same issue! I would like to use the Iron Realms client, but there seems to be some kind of disconnect with the client and character you create.

You can access your characters by downloading another telnet client like Mudlet and logging in. It works for me anyway. However, it is not as pretty as the IR so I will be waiting till this is fixed before I start playing.

Here is a quick link and info to try it yourself -

Mudlet Client - https://www.mudlet.org/download/
    Alternative client connection: starmourn.com, port 23

Hope this allows you to play a bit!
  • Hi Verkivious,

Thanks for the help, appreciated! Will try it out and keep looking for a fix.

Thanks again
  • Same issue here for the past 12-hrs or so. Tried 2 different characters/emails with the same result... I'm just sitting back, watching forums, and trying to be patient. I haven't played a MUD in like 15-yrs and am coming from a place of ignorance on technical details. Starmourn piqued my interest.
  • Same here Blashyrkh! The last one I played for more than a few days was Vampire Wars with a pal, at least 15 years ago. So I really like the built-in UI that this has.

A test that I did that utterly failed was - I logged into Mudlet to delete my character and start fresh. I thought maybe the character wasn't saving correctly in the tutorial. So I created another character last night and played a little bit longer(Until I was able to move around freely, visit my trainer, etc).

When I went to log in this morning, I got the dreaded "No such character Found" error. 

Was worth the attempt.
  • Hmm, if you guys would like PM me your character names, I'll do my best to try and get you sorted out!
  • Hi all - I finally figured out it was an auto-fill thing putting my email address in where the character name should be at the log in... =)
  • Tyne! You are a genius! I feel like an idiot. Mine was auto-filling as well, and I wasn't even thinking twice. 

User error! ha.

I was able to log in perfectly.

Thank you for figuring this out!

• Tyne! You are a genius! I feel like an idiot. Mine was auto-filling as well, and I wasn't even thinking twice. 

User error! ha.

I was able to log in perfectly.

Thank you for figuring this out!

Yep, definitely slightly embarrassing user error
  • well... I've been forcing the fields clear and manually typing my character name and password... still the same error.
  • Looks like that character never got created, Blashyrkh - try creating him again?
  • Weird, I don't know what step I was missing, but I tried creating another character yesterday and was getting the same error...
    ...However, I just triend 'Blashyrkh' again and it worked!
    Thank you, Tecton.