Skip to content

Playable Fatar

edited December 2018 in Questions and Answers
Is it possible that we'll ever see the shapeshifting Fatar as a player race?

I get a very Faceless Men / Nighthawk* vibe from them. They'd make a really cool top secret assassin's guild.

As I'm playing a Shen, who have a long-standing rivalry with the Fatar, I half want to leave some wiggle-room in my character concept to reveal somewhere down the line that she was a dastardly Fatar all along. It would be fun!

* The MKO version, not the Midkemia books version.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
— Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
— Margaret Atwood

Comments

• Pretty sure that's waaay too early to tell when it comes to adding more player races :)
  • Is it possible? Yes, pretty much anything is possible! Likely, that's another story!
  • Tecton said:
    Is it possible? Yes, pretty much anything is possible! Likely, that's another story!
    Weeelll ... Is it likely? :scream:

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• No plans for offering them as a player race, no!
  • Extremely unlikely. The Fatar are not a race that lend themselves to being played by players, as their core feature - disguising who they are - is not one we'd give to players. 
  • Aurelius said:
    Extremely unlikely. 

=)