Skip to content

Ship Combat - PvP within Ships

I know boarding another ship while in space to duke it out mano a mano will not be possible, but seeing @Oryx 's snippet with @Tecton makes me wonder...will it be possible to hide/stow away in someone else's ship and start fighting them while moving through space or alternatively getting on board legitimately and fighting after leaving a planet. I think I remember reading somewhere that there isn't any way to get on a ship that the pilot/owner doesn't want you to. Follow up question: will it ever be possible to damage a ship or any part of it (excluding props) from the inside? That sounds awesome. 

This is less related: will it ever be possible to damage/change the environment (i.e. rooms)? That'd be so cool. Even if it was simply, "there's been [x] amount of fighting in this room >> add generic wear and tear." 
As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
Jin
VOTE FOR STARMOURN
Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
GrootToday at 2:16 PM
  if there's no kittens in space
  I'm going on a rampage
TectonToday at 2:17 PM
  They're called w'hoorn, Groot
  sets out a saucer of milk

Comments

• Are the controls considered a 'prop'?
  • Malash said:
    Are the controls considered a 'prop'?
    Lol, that would make things interesting. Taking your question as serious, it would be cool to be able to make a custom prop that looked something like ship controls. :D
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Qitorien said:
    I know boarding another ship while in space to duke it out mano a mano will not be possible, but seeing @Oryx 's snippet with @Tecton makes me wonder...will it be possible to hide/stow away in someone else's ship and start fighting them while moving through space or alternatively getting on board legitimately and fighting after leaving a planet. I think I remember reading somewhere that there isn't any way to get on a ship that the pilot/owner doesn't want you to. Follow up question: will it ever be possible to damage a ship or any part of it (excluding props) from the inside? That sounds awesome. 

This is less related: will it ever be possible to damage/change the environment (i.e. rooms)? That'd be so cool. Even if it was simply, "there's been [x] amount of fighting in this room >> add generic wear and tear." 
    Getting onto ships: If someone is careless and doesn't notice you following them, maybe, but otherwise only if they give you permission to board.
    Damaging ships from inside: No plans for that at this point in time, who knows in the future though.
    Environmental damage: Ever? Maybe! Not for launch though