Skip to content

Rogues and Soloers

Hello! I'm presently in Lusternia, where there are strong mechanical disincentives to being cityless. Is Starmourn going to be similar in this regard?

There is also very little place for solo (i.e., 1v1) PVP for a bunch of reasons that I won't go into. Again, will Starmourn's mechanics do anything to encourage/discourage solo combat? Hunting/bashing?

On a related question (but perhaps making the thread too broad): Will anything be done to stop players becoming self-reliant if they throw enough credits at the skill system? I've watching the ability to be self-sufficient without needing anything from anyone else really damage two MUDs in a row now. Please, not a third!

Comments

• 1. Currently no plans to have any major mechanical disadvantages by not being a member of a faction! 
    2. Nothing specifically coded to encourage/discourage solo over group combat, our combat is a bit different to other IRE games, so we'll see how it plays out.

One of the reasons for more people getting into group vs group pvp, in my opinion, is because everyone generally has good curing. Group combat is generally more fun because it's so frantic and fast paced, with people getting massively overwhelmed and killed quickly when getting focussed by multiple people. Because it's not all on one person, the ease of entry is also a lot less, you can join some group pvp and you don't necessarily need to know the intricate details of combat, while still being able to participate.

3. Indeed, we're limiting the number of tradeskills any one person can have to promote interaction with other players.