Hello, everyone, I have come up with something that I hope you will like and want to take part in.
I've come up with a story - fairly short, I think - for a campaign. Now, I've never GM’d before, or even participated in tabletop roleplay, so if anyone wants to take the reins and be the GM, or just work alongside me, feel free to PM me. The story is pretty simple, though, and focusing on RP rather than rules, so it will not be difficult. Basically I'm taking the RP forums idea and adding a simple plot to it. See rules below. The story is also adaptable, if the players go a different direction than expected.
The premise of this story is that there is a criminal to catch. The chase will include moving to a few different locations. The cast is as follows:
For 4-6 players
The leader, a W’hoorn detective, also in the military
A starship pilot
*Scientist (Biologist, Anthropologist…)
- You can choose the gender, name, and (except for the W'hoorn) race of your character. And, of course, their personality and motivations will be fashioned by you.
- Your character CAN die - but will of course resurrect in a cloning facility. So they will be out of the story, but not forever dead, so no worries if you're using your most favorite character.
- The GM handles ALL events and NPCs. You control only your character’s actions (and any pets/personal NPCs that belong to your character). And as was stated in the other list of rules, you may only state that you try to hit someone in the head, you don't get to say if the blow connects or not.
- The actions are decided not by dice rolls, but by whatever makes sense or makes a good story.
- When you are taking a turn, sign off with your name, and the name of the person that you think should logically come next, like this: Joe > Bob or Joe > Captain Thel (NPC). If another player thinks that they urgently need to react to the situation, they may steal, signing as follows: Joe > (Bob) > Captain Thel, Bob being the person who stole. Play fair, and don't hog the limelight.
- Respond within 2 days or someone else will take over your character. Exceptions can be made if you PM the group a heads up that you will be away for a bit.
- You may also be booted at the group's discretion if you don't play nicely. For example - not following the storyline, going against the other players or the GM, or otherwise being dumb or a jerk.
Please comment below if you're interested in playing, and comment or PM if you want to help me behind the scenes.