Skip to content

Great Guide Write Up Contest!

Hail all,

Seem to me that the new technologies and odd Kith energies have been pushed and smoothed out. As a result, I'm pleased to announce the re-opening of the Great-Guide Write Up Contest from the Mournal Kombat Clan!

We are seeking skilled and knowledgeable combatants to write guides on combat for the clan! These files are to be focused on each profession in the Sector, and are meant to be in-depth guides on how one may function to the best of their abilities. All submissions will be reviewed and posted to the Mournal Kombat file database if they suit. The best submission for each profession shall be awarded 100 credits.

Please find more details below:

// OOC mode for easier reading/understanding/etc.

WHAT?: Competition for Class guides in PvP!
HOW LONG: Accepting all submissions until 8th Aug 2021 GMT 0000 hrs (gives me Sunday at least to read through submissions and get opinions on winners etc. Results may take a while as I have some IRL stuff going on around that time but I'll do what I can asap!)
Prizes: 100 credits to the best guides for each class/category (I will award other commendable entries at my own discretion)

===
Categories:
Nanoseer
Fury
Engineer
Scoundrel
BEAST
Bonus Category* (Ship Combat, or BattleBots or other stuff)
* If you want do up a nice article on other stuff like team tactics, or ship combat, or Arena breakdowns/tactics or something else that's pvp related, please submit as part of this category.
===

What's Expected:
No strict format, but generally I'd expect something similar to the Fury guide I made on the Mournal Kombat Clan helpfile, with sections going through:
- Stats
- Gear
- Skills
- Kill Routes
- 1v1 Match Up tips
- Group fight tips
Your entry/submission need not go through all this, but should have at least something on stat builds and kill routes.
How to submit: Ideally something already formatted for the in-game CLHELP files? But Word/.txt docs to my discord is fine, or msg me a google doc or something.
===

FAQ:
1) Can I submit for more than one category?
A: Hell yes. The more the merrier!

2) No want write, want illustrate
A: DO IT

3) But I don't PVP Q_Q
A: Try to submit something in the bonus category? I think most factions cover general class help files for PvE already but I guess that suits too this clan in general?

4) Why don't I just take my own faction's files and submit?
A: You could, but if I find out/you get called out I'll take it as cheating - especially if it's some special file or guide used exclusively by your faction/ their Security/Combat force or something.

5) Are you the only judge? You're not even top tier
A: Yeah, I'm not top tier. I'll likely be seeking advice from some top tier ppl in the SCC or something on their opinions on how good the submissions are. I may announce a formal judge committee if enough ppl think its needed but I just wanna make it so ppl find something to read up on if they want to get into pvp for each class.

6) Many Word. More Fight.
A: Join us for a game of Mournball! More details at: NEWS READ PUBLIC 452 and NEWS READ PUBLIC 451
(there's supposed to be a forum link too but its under review for some reason and hasn't been released.)

7) Do I have to upkeep the files after they're listed?
A: Nope, tho if you do that'll be swell!

8) ???
A: o_O O_O O_o o_o o_O O_O O_o

Alright that's it. Hope this incentivizes more ppl to submit guides and teach!

Good luck everyone!
-Xuth

p.s. If anyone has any questions on this pls let me know. If I missed out anything etc I'll put up a follow up post to make it public info etc.