Skip to content

More brick-and-mortar shops

Hey uh. Can we have more brick and mortar shops please? Maybe some run by the factions, like in other IREs?

The trade terminal system feels clunky and unfun to use. There's something really special about a physical shop that you can customize and put furniture in and you go there and you type WARES and look at the stuff.

Thanks @Eukelade and other admins

Comments

• I rather like the idea of what we have now (*achoo*spaceebay*cough*). Sure it doesn't quite work and its clunky as hell to use.

Option one:
    I think it'd be massively improved if it worked more like the promo market. Instead of virtual shop fronts you can just do 'tt search <specific item/wear location/design/weapon/(lightmediumheavy armor) and everyone who's selling pops up like how the promo market does. No shops, you're just setting and forgetting some things and thats that. Less virtual big box store and more virtual swap n shop?

Option two:
    Go further into the virtual storefront idea. Trade terminals can be accessed (for lack of a better term) to send you into a virtual area full of shops that function like how we'd expect in other IRE titles. Customizable room desc, title, so on. Can't enter it when in combat, and when you do, the entire virtual area is safe zoned like Omni. Not entirely sure how this'd affect the tradenet downlink arti. Maybe even go so far as to add a new specialization into the mix:

Default: Can own and operate a shop with three categories and 25 shelves/item slots each for a total of 75 items/designs

Vendor - Can operate a shop with five categories, and 30 shelves each for a total of 150 items/designs.
    I forgot I was going to call myself Ike while in chargen, so now I'm Zarrach.
  • Ikchor said:
    I rather like the idea of what we have now (*achoo*spaceebay*cough*). Sure it doesn't quite work and its clunky as hell to use.

Option one:
    I think it'd be massively improved if it worked more like the promo market. Instead of virtual shop fronts you can just do 'tt search <specific item/wear location/design/weapon/(lightmediumheavy armor) and everyone who's selling pops up like how the promo market does. No shops, you're just setting and forgetting some things and thats that. Less virtual big box store and more virtual swap n shop?

Option two:
    Go further into the virtual storefront idea. Trade terminals can be accessed (for lack of a better term) to send you into a virtual area full of shops that function like how we'd expect in other IRE titles. Customizable room desc, title, so on. Can't enter it when in combat, and when you do, the entire virtual area is safe zoned like Omni. Not entirely sure how this'd affect the tradenet downlink arti. Maybe even go so far as to add a new specialization into the mix:

Default: Can own and operate a shop with three categories and 25 shelves/item slots each for a total of 75 items/designs

Vendor - Can operate a shop with five categories, and 30 shelves each for a total of 150 items/designs.
    I do love the idea of a VR shopfront like that. But we definitely need *something* to replace the clunky TT system
  • I too would love more brick and mortar shops. It would make visiting the Arcoplex fun and worthwhile.