It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
First tier ("Alpha powers"??) cosmipowers: Largely focused around PvE QoL skills with FEW pvp focused skills (mainly geared towards cache runs), mostly passive. Any active/on demand powers require item (crystals maybe?) to activate.
Second tier ("Lambda powers"??) cosmipowers: largely focused around cosmipiercer PvP, both for defending and attacking player-held cosmipiercers. Warping, disrupting, etc.
Reduce the number of cosmipiercers
There's too many cosmipiercers, and not enough reasons to hold more than whatever you need. Why not bring the number of cosmipiercers down to just four. The rest either go inert, phase out of realspace, fuse together, blow up, get towed into Y'saari space because [CLASSIFIED]... Anything to ramp up the mystery give an adequate RP reason for the reduction of these structures while reducing the number of them.
- Every faction has ONE cosmi attached to their faction, which enables them to maintain whatever first tier powers they have unlocked, maintained by feeding the cosmipiercer crystals on a regular basis or by feeding it resources. Resources being the weaker of the two options, naturally, but markedly safer to get at compared to caches.
- Every faction can use their PTP network to get to their cosmipiercer, even during an Ishvana incursion.
Second tier is only attainable by capturing the one remaining cosmipiercer from an opposing force, or the Ishvana.
- Second tier lets factions rapidly research and activate any ONE previously locked power, either tier one or tier two.
- Free usage of first tier powers
- If kept for a Sync, the faction holding it gets another research credit to open another tier one or two power. Earned every Sync.
- Flat percentage chance of the Ishvana attacking the fourth cosmi, with a steady increase per Sync (starts at 28% after lockdown, then increases by 10% every sync after that)
Keep the Ishvana blitz reset cause it is cool as hell
If any of the following is possible, awesome.
Ishvana incursion unleashes xenoslayer type mobs, and instead of it being a room full of mobs, it just one mob, written to look like a crowd maybe? Triggered manually by those with the guards factionpower (im not married to the idea, i just like on-demand) and also 50/50 chance every 7 Syncs.
Repelling the attack gives you one research credit for a tier one power. If fully unlocked, your faction gets free tier one power usage until the next Sync, but those with guard factionpowers lose the ability for on-demand incursion. Ishvana CAN and will attack the fourth cosmi from time to time, and when that happens, that cosmi becomes instanced like cache raids but faction based. The faction that repells the incursion on the fourth cosmi will gain control of it, which boots out the others. Cosmi then goes on lockdown for 22 hours(?) and is protected from attack.
CAC integration cause it needs our love too
I am suggesting this after the fact as I just had this idea after writing everything above, and it is not a completely formed (to me) idea
- Slotting slivers into the CAC to scramble the Ishvana's combat algorithms, and you can choose to strengthen or weaken the incursion of your held cosmipiercer
- Stronger incursion - More XP, better junk drops, ???
- Weaker incursion - Easier to do, useful if you don't have people on hand or want to bring newbies.
- CAC XP bonuses become passive tier one bonuses, stat boosts stay.
Hacking the CAC will grant the hacker the ability to scramble the cosmipiercer(s) making increasing transit time from PTP networks and transfer between 45-110 crystals from the hacked faction's storage.
??? idk, i made this up right before posting because I had a "hmm, but what about..." type thought last minute.