Skip to content

First gameplay video - space flight!

2»

Comments

• N-n-n-necrooooo

Sorry, I was re-reading some older posts and noticed in the video the bodies that were "orbiting" others. I think I remember space movement being discussed in another thread, but I can't remember if this was brought up or not: will orbit be realistic in the sense of actual movement around the planets? I'm sure the larger bodies will be stationary for the sake of sanity and play-ability (actually, I think that was the discussion I semi-remember), but will smaller bodies actually move in orbit around larger ones?
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Qitorien said:
    N-n-n-necrooooo

Sorry, I was re-reading some older posts and noticed in the video the bodies that were "orbiting" others. I think I remember space movement being discussed in another thread, but I can't remember if this was brought up or not: will orbit be realistic in the sense of actual movement around the planets? I'm sure the larger bodies will be stationary for the sake of sanity and play-ability (actually, I think that was the discussion I semi-remember), but will smaller bodies actually move in orbit around larger ones?
    Celestial bodies will be generally fixed placement, just to save confusion, we may (and do) place other small orbiting bodies in close proximity, but they don't move at this time!