Skip to content

Artifact Ideas

By now most of us have had time to get a feel for the game.

What kind of artifacts would you like to see?

Im leaving our weapons, mods and armor since PVP is not my area of expertise.

A few listed here:

a junk bot - sell junk automatically as it is collected. (Or on demand)

a hardwired kiosk - use the trade terminal from anywhere with this hard wired mindsim kiosk

a teleportation pass - instant transfers from stations, no more waiting for transport crafts

Comments

• SmartDrive - an autopilot that doesn't crash into rings or other phenomena that asplode the shields.
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • edited January 2019
    Self-owned cloning station. 

More serioisly, something that would let you convert your own INRs to marks to cut down on the clone costs at the expense of experience would be awesome. 
  • kamdian said:

More serioisly, something that would let you convert your own INRs to marks to cut down on the clone costs at the expense of experience would be awesome. 
    A self owned cloning station is a perfectly fine artifact. 
  • Kirin said:
    kamdian said:

Actually a cloning station you could install on your ship and allow others to assign themselves to it would be amazing. 
  • kamdian said:
    Kirin said:
    kamdian said:

Actually a cloning station you could install on your ship and allow others to assign themselves to it would be amazing. 
    Wouldn't that be kind of abusable for cosmpiercers? 
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • Allowing others than you to use it, probably since it would make Engineers not nearly as necessary. Self-use only probably not. Or like up to 3 people or something imprinting on it. 
  • Portal gun with a limited number of places you can store as a known location for instant travel. Possibly make it not usable in combat or don't allow cosmpiercers to be saved to avoid abuse.
  • Increase individual IED storage to 21000. (Okay maybe 2000).

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
    21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

• Probably an Engineer arti that just gets you parts over time, or allow you to modify turrets without needing to deploy your workstation.
  • Can't you just drop your workstation in a safe place and airdrop parts in?

• edited January 2019
    @Zaoul

Workstation deploy is a 3s balance to drop and 3s to pack. 6 seconds in the middle of combat just to have a turret focus can be a problem for some people. Especially if you have a turret network and you're running around while your turrets plinck at your target.

Also, airdrop has a 3s balance and when Nanoseers can drain your parts (so I hear), it'd be one of those convenience things to not have to use a 3s balance or send your drone away when you might need them to harass or something.

Actually, my artis might be OP, now that I reason it out.
  • A rejuvinizer: reset an item's lifespan for a small fee.

A repairifier: repair your items up to 100% for a small fee.
  • Portable shipping drone that lets you mail things away from Crazy J's shops. 
  • Eshe said:
    Portable shipping drone that lets you mail things away from Crazy J's shops. 
    I kind of hope they don't make class-specific utilities into artifacts. The probably will, but I can hope...
  • Cubey said:
    I like the current selection of artifacts.
    How do you expect them to make the money needed to pay Admin and keep the server going?
  • I just want an arti toolbelt so I can get rid of the toolkit. It doesn't even need to have a power level, make the power applied by fusing a toolkit with it, and have that be overridden by fusing a new toolkit to it.
  • So long as there's nothing that increases bashing damage/speed, pvp damage/speed, and no cross-galaxy mobility artifacts akin to wings etc in Achaea, then I don't really care what artifacts they put in personally.
    Just give me some way to mass add shrapnel/wiring to IEDs and I'll be happy... Or just make it something you can do by default, that'd be ace as well.
  • Maruna said:
    So long as there's nothing that increases bashing damage/speed, pvp damage/speed, and no cross-galaxy mobility artifacts akin to wings etc in Achaea, then I don't really care what artifacts they put in personally.
    Seconded
  • I really like the Legend Deck concept in Achaea. They're pseudo-artifacts whose effects/powers are activated; once used up, you have to wait for them to recharge before they can be used again.

It means that artifacts can add a certain oompf, but they're not an immutable factor.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • I imagine there will be a bandolier arti that may increase the number store-able to like 1000 of each, or 750.

Maybe an arti that just gives you an unlimited IED that can just be modded on the fly.

Fury arti that increases the amount of time that Fury rage lasts.

Maybe an arti for BEAST related to Plasmacasting

Nanoseer arti for Sanity

That said, those could all potentially be devastatingly bad ideas because it would alter combat.
  • edited January 2019
    super conducting circuitry - Stat points assigned do not have diminishing returns

adrenaline shots - gain health points every time you kill a mob

• Matlkael said:
    I really like the Legend Deck concept in Achaea. They're pseudo-artifacts whose effects/powers are activated; once used up, you have to wait for them to recharge before they can be used again.

The problem with the legenddeck is the RNG of it. If I'm buying an artefact, I want what I'm paying for, not a chance to get it. I have a good feeling that I'm not the only one that will be extremely disappointed if Starmourn joins the lootbox RNG craze.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • Shinonome said:
    Eshe said:
    Portable shipping drone that lets you mail things away from Crazy J's shops. 
    I kind of hope they don't make class-specific utilities into artifacts. The probably will, but I can hope...
    Is it? I've only touched Nanoseer and Fury so far. Does it work the same way, with the 100m charge? If it exists with a class, then nevermind, just need to make a friend.
  • Pretty sure that bot does it free.
    I'm gone.
  • Time to make an engineering buddy then!
  • Tye said:
    Matlkael said:
    I really like the Legend Deck concept in Achaea. They're pseudo-artifacts whose effects/powers are activated; once used up, you have to wait for them to recharge before they can be used again.

The problem with the legenddeck is the RNG of it. If I'm buying an artefact, I want what I'm paying for, not a chance to get it. I have a good feeling that I'm not the only one that will be extremely disappointed if Starmourn joins the lootbox RNG craze.
    I think you would see a noticeable drop in activity 
  • I personally want them to do the whole gamut of artifacts (tailored for science fiction) like in their other IRE games. No reason to buy credits if there really isn't anything to look forward to purchase. I don't care if people have more artifacts than I do (Though,I have to admit very few would), nor do I care if they have a benefit greater than mine in combat from said artifacts. They earned it by buying credits that supports the game's development and paid personnel. 

• Oh, no, I don't mean the way you obtain Legend Deck cards (lootbox); I just mean the way the effects are activated and charged. Sell the "cards" directly and I'd be a major fan.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • edited January 2019
    Uachet said:
    I personally want them to do the whole gamut of artifacts (tailored for science fiction) like in their other IRE games. No reason to buy credits if there really isn't anything to look forward to purchase. I don't care if people have more artifacts than I do (Though,I have to admit very few would), nor do I care if they have a benefit greater than mine in combat from said artifacts. They earned it by buying credits that supports the game's development and paid personnel. 

You’d have a significant drop off in players. The game upon confirmation was touted as being a different pay model. I know lots of people that will retire to SM, but have no intentions of buying several thousand dollars worth of artefacts again. I know I don’t. I’d be okay with the same setup if all prices are reduced dramatically. That isn’t the case, though, as the credit prices are the same. It’s simply not financially viable for me to spend $200-300+ at a time, when I can put that money to much better use. The majority of the player base aren’t 16-22 anymore. I’m at a point in Achaea where anything I want to buy will cost me upwards of $400. SM needs to avoid the same problems