Skip to content

Mudlet Miniscripts

For smol scripts used in Mudlet. I made this today (testing the waters) based on Syaja's NEXUS: Multiple Choice Alias Examples thread. I've never tried to use tables or anything, so it might not be the correct way to do it, but it seems to function alright. I liked using Syaja's for Nexus, but now that I'm in Mudlet, I wanted something concise and easy rather than having to type out all the "if this == this then" lines. I'm lazy.

pattern: ^inf(a|g|h|s|f)$<br><br>local ices = {<br>    ["a"] = "antivirus",<br>    ["f"] = "firewall",<br>    ["g"] = "glitch",<br>    ["h"] = "honeypot",<br>    ["s"] = "scanner"<br>}<br><br>if table.contains(ices, matches[2]) then<br>   send("infect "..ices[matches[2]])<br>else<br>   cecho("\n<red:black>No ICE like that.\n")<br>end<br>

Comments

• I waste time coding a lot of random things. This'll also be in the next ss update.
    It runs down the list, and displays how many credits you can buy with the amount of marks you have. In this case the script 'stops' at the first line, because I can only buy 21 of the ones listed at 1200. So it'd be pointless to tell me how many I can purchase at 1250, since I can't purchase the entire amount listed at 96. If I had 116450 marks, then it's say '96 with 1250 marks left' on the first line, then '1 with 0 marks left' on the next.
    Also I like dark colours, leave me alone.
  • Neeeeeeeeeeeeeerd! (I  <3 it, too)
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • Has anyone done a script I could tie to an alias to pick up all the junk on the ground? I die a lot...
  • Tobias said:
    Has anyone done a script I could tie to an alias to pick up all the junk on the ground? I die a lot...
    get 50 junk

• edited January 2019
    jfc @Maruna what's wrong with you, you didn't leftpad the # of credits :P :P :P 
    vote ∘ Explore Nexus mods for Starmourn & Achaeandb for Nexus

• tysandr said:
    jfc @Maruna what's wrong with you, you didn't leftpad the # of credits :P :P :P 
    Right pad start of line. Left pad the rest. Filthy heathen.
  • I just do take junk and hold down enter a lot.
  • Omg. I didn’t know you could just ‘get junk’. I’ve been picking them up individually 
  • Yep, spam that "get 50 junk"!

• I made a thing, for you little resource players out there. It's just a glorified REFINERY WHATMAKES / WHATFROM.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_nDxrNYLgGSLnI5QlB6mi98ZJusP8MxS

Here's what it looks like when you want to check what resources you need to make an item (gravitic_missile, in this example):
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/wmJvOCfO

And when you want to check what items you can make from a resource (vandium, in this example):
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/Fspil31z

"EHELP" (in small caps...I forgot to make it not case-sensitivty)
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • I made a little thing, working off @Tsakar's discord post, to replicate tab targeting: install it, and it'll keep track of mobs, loyals (ie. turrets, bots, guards, denizens), items and props in any room. There is some feedback, to let you know what you're targeting, or if you've run out of things to target.

Cycle non-loyal mobs by setting your "target" variable to the included function cycleTarget(oldTarget). For example, i use `tar` so my keybind is set to:
    tar = cycleTarget(tar)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ii6zvw3r6jg4rwk/CTT.xml?dl=0

Note: Tab is prohibited in mudlet, as it's used for auto complete!

Planning to work on it to allow targeting players and loyals, as well as tracking your own/friendly players and loyals.

• @Casimar A blacklist is also good to have for the cycle targeting, whether it be quest givers, or just a mob that is a little too tough to take on and you want to temporarily blacklist it until after getting a couple levels, etc..
  • Hallen said:
    @Casimar A blacklist is also good to have for the cycle targeting, whether it be quest givers, or just a mob that is a little too tough to take on and you want to temporarily blacklist it until after getting a couple levels, etc..
    Currently this only targets mobs with the "m" attribute - ones that you'll want to be hunting. As far as i can tell, all quest givers are 'loyal' to some faction, so all have "mx" attributes.
    I do plan to do some sort of database that gets updated once per level and highlights relative power, as well as detect and prioritise aggressive mobs. Also a config for targeting 'modes.'

You probably shouldn't be going into new areas and hitting everything that moves without scouting the area and probing everything first.
  • edited January 2019
    Casimar said:
    Hallen said:
    @Casimar A blacklist is also good to have for the cycle targeting, whether it be quest givers, or just a mob that is a little too tough to take on and you want to temporarily blacklist it until after getting a couple levels, etc..
    Currently this only targets mobs with the "m" attribute - ones that you'll want to be hunting. As far as i can tell, all quest givers are 'loyal' to some faction, so all have "mx" attributes.
    I do plan to do some sort of database that gets updated once per level and highlights relative power, as well as detect and prioritise aggressive mobs. Also a config for targeting 'modes.'

You probably shouldn't be going into new areas and hitting everything that moves without scouting the area and probing everything first.
    The x is only for mobs loyal to you or your faction, if you are in a room with two turrets, one that is yours and another that is someone elses, only yours will be have the mx attribute, the other will be m despite that it is loyal to someone.  The same goes for npc's and their loyalties to whether they are m or mx to any given person.

That is also assuming they are tagged as loyal, these are two npc's in the Verge on Song, from someone who is a member thereof:
          {
            id = "9652",
            name = "Naiara Guesalaga",
            attrib = "m"
          },
          {
            id = "8261",
            name = "Proprietor Jace Vitali",
            attrib = "m"
          },

As to the last, that goes without saying, and is what a temporary or permanent blacklist can be populated from.
  • The x is only for mobs loyal to you or your faction,

Big if true, will have to test when i get off Pylos

• Casimar said:
    The x is only for mobs loyal to you or your faction,

Big if true, will have to test when i get off Pylos

It is not true.

If it is loyal to ANY player, or loyal to ANY organization, or is a faction guard, it will have the "x" attribute.
  • edited January 2019
    So the npc's in the Verge on Song City are not loyal to any organization since that is directly from gmcp posted above? 

Or various named NPC's around Song Market:
          {
            id = "9730",
            name = "Curulaer",
            attrib = "m"
          },
          {
            id = "9693",
            name = "Pruta Drudi",
            attrib = "m"
          },
    a purple-barked Decheeran stands here
    Pruta Drudi, a Ry'nari woman, observes the hovering artwork with a critical eye

All three of the named NPC's at the residence spire in Song at 3846, etc..

Turrets I did have show in just m list before as I added them to a blacklist so they wouldn't show in mobs caught by just m from hunting in Fields of Oranc, testing it now they do have x for all the ones I am finding however.
  • Correct, those mobs are not loyal to anything.
  • Alrighty, still wouldn't kill them, but thank you
  • edited January 2020
    Welcome to 2020, miniscripts!

This is how I capture the spacemap into a separate window. It's in various UI scripts floating around, but it deserves its own post. Makes doing anything in a ship much more readable. I take no credit for this, it's just what I have managed to find from what others have posted. Here are explicit, step by step instructions, in case you're like me and need them when it comes to coding:

First make 2 triggers, one for when you launch your ship and one for when you dock it. In the launch ship, use
    shipmode = true
    and in the dock ship use
    shipmode = false
    Then, another trigger to begin the spacemap capture. I called this one spacemap start (imagine that). You need to match this: Location:
    ...and use a start of line type trigger. Then in the box below use this:
    <div>if shipmode then</div><div>&nbsp; enableTrigger("spacemap capture")</div><div>end</div>
    Next trigger I call spacemap end. Match this: ----------------------------------------
    ...and use an exact match type trigger. In the box below, use:
    <div>disableTrigger("spacemap capture")</div><div>deleteLine()</div>

Next, another trigger, called spacemap capture. Match this: ^(.+)$
    ...and use a perl regex trigger. Below, use:

<div>selectCurrentLine()</div><div>copy()</div><div>appendBuffer("space")</div><div>deleteLine()</div>

Last, you need to make the window for the map. This you can play with so you have it where you want it, but make a script, call it space, then use this code:
    <div>-- first, determine the size of your screen</div><div>local windowWidth, windowHeight = getMainWindowSize()</div><div><br></div><div>-- create the miniconsole</div><div>createMiniConsole("space", windowWidth-1000,500,400,500)</div><div>setBackgroundColor("space",0,0,0,0)</div><div>setMiniConsoleFontSize("space", 9)</div>

I'm sure this could be improved, but it works well as a starting point.