Skip to content

Please Fix Modding

With the adjustment in costs of design submissions, it seems modding is still a Herculean battle almost to the point of oblivion where nobody will create mods ... just better to use what you manage to get.

Please fix modding by fixing drop rates and requirements to master designs. As it stands you need ~20 components of the same type to even create a design. I’m guessing you will need parts ongoing to continue modding which makes it prohibitively expensive to actually make it worthwhile.

POTENTIAL FIXES
- increase mod drop rates: this is an easy fix though the problem is that there will be an over abundance of mods very soon. So it defeats the purpose of having playermade mods
- introduce a skill within modding (Scavenge) which allows a skilled modder to get increased drop rates for mods. this allows them to scavenge parts and create a business. 
- reduce the requirements to learn/ master mods
- there should be more proprietary parts per weapon mod drop considering current drop rates.

Comments

• I don’t remember where it was, but I remember seeing an admin give a blurb about this (maybe in Discord?) They knew mods were an issue and it is on the list of things to fix, particularly the drop rate of them. I feel your pain though, I am antsy to get into blueprinting and creating mods too! 
  • The scarcity in drops doesn't really make sense to me. In a year we won't care so much about it because we'll have people who can craft them for us. It also doesn't make sense that we need so many of the exact same mods to be able to craft them ourselves given the drop rate and the level range they can drop in. 

I've also not seen a single drop from bashing at least 5000 mobs in Jelle. I've asked around and nobody else who bashes Jelle has seen any mod drops. I do wonder if there's an issue with higher level mobs not having mod drops in the loot table. Would make sense since level 65 mobs drop mods that go from 65-75. Of course I can never say for sure because it could all be RNG, but it seems oddly suspicious.
  • Mods are what exactly? I haven't seen anything other then some armor and weapons being dropped, though less weapons then armor and neither is very high. So are mods actual armor and weapons or something to increase the stats of weapons or armor? If that's the case, I am level 24 and have never seen a mod drop at all.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • Mods are added to weapons and armour to raise stats on them - like +12 impact resist on armour, things like that. I'm level 33 and have had one drop so far.
    I'm gone.
  • saturnine said:
    Mods are added to weapons and armour to raise stats on them - like +12 impact resist on armour, things like that. I'm level 33 and have had one drop so far.
    i'm level 68 and only got two :P 
  • BeepBoop said:
    The scarcity in drops doesn't really make sense to me. In a year we won't care so much about it because we'll have people who can craft them for us. It also doesn't make sense that we need so many of the exact same mods to be able to craft them ourselves given the drop rate and the level range they can drop in. 

I've also not seen a single drop from bashing at least 5000 mobs in Jelle. I've asked around and nobody else who bashes Jelle has seen any mod drops. I do wonder if there's an issue with higher level mobs not having mod drops in the loot table. Would make sense since level 65 mobs drop mods that go from 65-75. Of course I can never say for sure because it could all be RNG, but it seems oddly suspicious.
    I did have a look at this tonight, since a couple of people did raise it - looks like they're dropping, just the top-level lootsets (70 - 75) have a fair bit more stuff in them than the lower-level stuff, so it -really- minimised the chances. Bumped them up a bit in the 70 - 75 lootset though, so hopefully you'll start seeing more!
  • I have yet to see one drop at all by 73.33 after almost 12k mob kills =)
  • Three potential ideas here:

1) Add mod drops to quest rewards
    2) Add mod drops as a separate loot table, similar to junk, that drops in-addition to other items rather than in-replace of regular armor/weapons
    3) Add weapon and armor mods randomly to armor which drops; add a salvage skill to armor and weapon modding to allow individuals to trash the armor to return mods already used
  • I'm 25 and I found one!  Lucky me!
  • I recently sent an IDEA to broaden the rewards from hacking and that at the end of the hack you should get a message stating the rewards you received. I had originally suggested that if you hack into a corporation's headquarters, you should be able to order a mod from their warehouses and have it delivered to you, a rare reward from a high level completed hack.

Just another way of keeping content relevant and rewarding while broadening the sources of mods.