Skip to content

Current Cosmpiercer Issues

@Tecton @Garryn

Currently, there is a...bug? where when you enter a guard room on a Cosmpiercer, the guards attack instantly. That's fine. The bug, is if you bring in more than one person. So if you're traveling with a group of five, the guards get FIVE extra attacks, EACH. This makes taking groups out essentially a death fest, period. Combined with the clone costs, people just don't want to do this.

On top of that, its honestly better to just take 1-3 max level people, and spread out one person a room to kill things. I can't imagine that the design intent is for nobody but max level people to do Cosmpiercers, and in small groups at that. Currently, the faction with the large Cap Level population is sitting on all the 'piercers and that isn't going to change so long as we can't take a group of people and go take it back as a faction project.

If the guard extra hits are intentional, please remove them. Gathering people together to figure out how to take the Cosmpiercer's as a group was fun. Please don't make it solo/small group high level only content.

Comments

• I agree this needs to be fixed, but before that happens I kind of want to see it to be much easier to even start to defend cosmpiercers. The only reason we've seen any pvp is because people have been dying to cosmpiercers and defenders got lucky in guessing which one they were hitting, and managed to fly out before the attacking group found the control point.
  • BeepBoop said:
    I agree this needs to be fixed, but before that happens I kind of want to see it to be much easier to even start to defend cosmpiercers. The only reason we've seen any pvp is because people have been dying to cosmpiercers and defenders got lucky in guessing which one they were hitting, and managed to fly out before the attacking group found the control point.
    To add onto this, why not make it so that when a cosmpiercer was liberated the controlling faction is alerted and then they get a chance to defend? So the attacking faction needs to sit on the CP control points for a few minutes to allow time to defend? Or even make it alert all three factions and winner of any pvp claims control? Just thoughts to encourage cosmpiercer play. As it is now only the Ishvani guards don’t do the multiplying attacks. Granted some Ishvani CPs have scatterhome and song guards still.
  • Once you actually get there, the defenders have a COLOSSAL advantage. The only change needed is 'please, let the cosmpiercer send out an UNAUTHORIZED DOCKING AT RS-1337' message or something.
  • Mavis said:
    BeepBoop said:
    I agree this needs to be fixed, but before that happens I kind of want to see it to be much easier to even start to defend cosmpiercers. The only reason we've seen any pvp is because people have been dying to cosmpiercers and defenders got lucky in guessing which one they were hitting, and managed to fly out before the attacking group found the control point.
    To add onto this, why not make it so that when a cosmpiercer was liberated the controlling faction is alerted and then they get a chance to defend? So the attacking faction needs to sit on the CP control points for a few minutes to allow time to defend? Or even make it alert all three factions and winner of any pvp claims control? Just thoughts to encourage cosmpiercer play. As it is now only the Ishvani guards don’t do the multiplying attacks. Granted some Ishvani CPs have scatterhome and song guards still.
    Fuck yeah, all the guards get jettisoned out of the piercer and there's a window where the cosmpiercer becomes an empty arena for the two factions.

I WANT THIS.
  • I actually think what should happen with cosmpiercers is that the moment when an opposing faction member(s) set foot upon landing, that it gives off an alert. Like a few soft spams of ex: "WARNING! WARNING! SCATTERHOME HAS INVADED/ENTERED A COSMPIERCER at CS-5329!"  Also, as it progresses to the stage of liberating, it should -not- ever be that quick of a claim. Provide enough time to allow a chance of pk engagement along the lines of 5-10 minutes of it being in the neutral state with no guards once it's been freed of the defender's claim at the time. So in that 5-10 minute period if there's pk, if per se the opposers managed to beat back the defenders, the timer still ticks on to progressing to full claim, and if after 5-10 minutes is over, the opposers get the claim. OR, if per se, the defenders managed to beat back the opposers who triggered the liberation timer, if they hit that button to "liberate" the cosmpiercer, they will instead push back the control from the opposer's gradual gain, back to neutral and finally back to their side. All of this is done within the 5-10 minutes of the neutral phase.  In the event that neither fully gain or regain control in that time limit, whoever side had the most influence/gain will get the cosmpiercer.  I would highly suggest a 24 hour CD once its gained.  In essence, its clearly a capture point type of game, but its usually over with too quickly, and people aren't really given enough time to decide if they want to respond or not. I'm all for engagement and I think this would be a decent idea, not a perfect one but a great step in the way of engagement without simply just handing it over.  @Tecton
  • edited January 2019
    I think cosmpiercers require more engagement, make it a bit fun by instead doing something like this:

As an example, let's say Celestine holds a cosmpiercer right, and Song decides they want to take the cosmpiercer. So Song disembarks. Now, Celestine's faction aether or guards/whatever should give out a few soft spams along the lines of "WARNING! WARNING! SONG(or AN OPPOSING FACTION) IS LIBERATING A COSMPIERCER AT CS-5234."  That alarm goes off only when in this example, Song begins to liberate the cosmpiercer of Celestine's grip.

By doing that, it should clear any remaining guards once it's in the released but neutral phase AND it should last for 5-10 minutes. That way, Celestine can have time to decide if they want to defend it or not and make it out there since travel in space isn't exactly instant or that quick. So, let's say Celestine chooses to go and defend their cosmpiercer and they get out there to battle it out with Song. If Celestine manages to beat back or usurp Song's liberation by regaining control via the same syntax or a new syntax, the influence will gradually go in reverse from Song's influence, back to neutral, and finally back in their grip. Mind you, there are 5-10 minutes still ticking so Song has a chance to recoup and return if there's time within that time frame to try again. So this time, Song and Celestine are in a bit of a struggle over time. Song manages to turn the table again, but there are about 3 minutes left when they usurp Celestine again and pushing the influence back in their direction slowly still. 

If by chance time is up, it can be liberated back into Ishvana's clutches, or if the admin wants, they can probably make it so that, whichever it is leaning more towards to, that faction will get the benefit of the liberation. I do think it should merit a CD-something like 1 IG day or 1 IG month? @Tecton
  • edited January 2019
    Did someone say a faction that wasn't Song is opposing cosmpiercers? 

^o.o^

Song owns

21/31

Cosmpiercers

As opposed to the Ishvana who hold 10, and no one else.
  • edited January 2019
    Post deleted, ended up in wrong thread.