Skip to content

An update on bashing?

Just what the title says, hoping for an update on fixing the bashing situation. Things are getting ridiculous in Thait now and the other areas are either way too difficult to be worth bashing or have an insane respawn time. I think the bashing situation easily qualifies for the biggest problem in the game right now, so I am just wondering if we could get an update on the status of a resolution.

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Any idea when those of us in to 60+ areas can expect some relief?
  • ekary said:
    Any idea when those of us in to 60+ areas can expect some relief?
    50+ includes 60+, I think.

Issues up there aren't just respawn timers though, but also things like certain mobs that can 2 shot you if RNG says they get to use their power attack back to back.
  • You're probably right,  I think I interpreted the 50+ thing wrong.

And I completely agree. The problem with Usum for example is not just respawn times but the uber hit by the worms that do 2.5K+ and the groups of two predators that I don't think anyone can tank.
  • Almost everything at 60+ hits me for more damage than I can heal per stim — it’s deadly out there!
  • now that i'm near the end and joining the god tiers in their hunts I hope the future generations understand our pain 
  • Bashing, overall, is just so unforgiving to me and my internet connection that likes to sputter now and then. I've died maybe once per hour of land bashing I've done, which severely lessens my marks income (if I even have an income -- sometimes I dip back into the negatives. Please change back the debt thing!)
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • edited January 2019
    With the junk fix, it shouldn't be nearly as bad. In 15% at level 40 I gained 1800 marks. That was barely 14 minutes of bashing.
    Haven't died in forever, but I'd imagine 1 death a 40 is a lot less than that.
  • It gets much worse at level 75 where mobs are much harder or get farmed out by everyone with both cloning costs and repair costs through the roof. 
  • BeepBoop said:
    It gets much worse at level 75 where mobs are much harder or get farmed out by everyone with both cloning costs and repair costs through the roof. 
    Sure, but that's not who I was responding to!
  • Dunno what y'all are on about, I found Starmourn to be BY FAR the easiest IRE game for PvE, with least harsh penalties for dying and that's with the debt mechanic in place. So what if I die? Farm some level appropriate mobs for 15 minutes, I have that money back and some more. XP loss is meaningless too.
    I hate the word bashing by the way, always did. It's PvE - the only things I'm bashing are opinions I disagree with.
  • The fact that it's the easiest PVE in IRE doesn't mean that people shouldn't still voice their issues with the system. "It's okay because Aetolia has it worse" is a pointless justification for somebody whose only IRE experience is Starmourn. 

I agree that PVE here is miles ahead of any other IRE game I've experienced (dabbled in Achaea and Imperian until level 60 or 70ish, so it doesn't count as much experience really). Abilities working on mobs, the way curing works--it's all been expanded very well and I think we're moving in a great direction.

There is still work to be done though, and many agree with this point. It's good to have you voice a different opinion, but it doesn't at all negate the legitimate concerns others being up.
  • edited January 2019
    <x> game is harder so you shouldn't complain, is just about one of the most pointless opinions to voice.
    "DotA is harder than League so you should be able to climb easily in League if you're high in DotA." - No.
    "CS:GO is harder than Overwatch so you shouldn't have any issues in Overwatch if you're high in CS." - Nope.
    "FF14 has more punishing mechanics than WoW so if you raid savage you should do Mythic easily." - No sir.

As a counterpoint, though. You're still wrong. Imperian has literally zero penalty for dying, except losing 60 seconds of your time. Achaea you lose about the same experience comparatively, except there's no actual gold cost unless you were holding a lot when you died (your fault). Saying Starmourn has the 'easiest' and 'least harsh penalties' is objectively wrong. Not that I have an issue either way, but when you say stupid shit like this, it needs to be corrected.

• +10 points for referring to FFXIV. 
  • So..   one area that not even level 75's will try, one other that has nothing but aggro enemies and two that are constantly bashed out by 60's and 70s.. we can't complain o_O 
  • :O I can maybe make 500 marks in 15 minutes of bashing. Maaaybe 700 if I my crashes are timed right in Praviskar. I've been told I'm doing something wrong with multistrike - freeze freeze -swarm to death; I'll fiddle with it some more and see if I can improve my bashing.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • Matlkael said:
    :O I can maybe make 500 marks in 15 minutes of bashing. Maaaybe 700 if I my crashes are timed right in Praviskar. I've been told I'm doing something wrong with multistrike - freeze freeze -swarm to death; I'll fiddle with it some more and see if I can improve my bashing.
    what I always do is start out with freeze, hit multistrike, freeze again and then just use swarm until freeze was cured. i never used mulistrike more than once because a freeze + swarm - a multistrike with a freeze and it just seemed idiotic 
  • Maruna said:
    With the junk fix, it shouldn't be nearly as bad. In 15% at level 40 I gained 1800 marks. That was barely 14 minutes of bashing.
    Haven't died in forever, but I'd imagine 1 death a 40 is a lot less than that.
    It’s about a 25 mark increase per level. At 30, clone cost is 750. So 40 would be 1k if the marks increase per level remains static. That also means that at 75 it should be 1875 I think. Yikes. 
  • edited January 2019
    Right now, I feel like my best option would be to move to a first world suburb where the internet is almost always stable.  :chuffed:

edit: I've been made aware that Engineers actually have a passive heal. That seems like worlds better than cooldown-having, nanite-costing Nanotech Repair! I'll try it out.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • edited January 2019
    I cannot say how much people's active heals actually heal, but our passive is 14% every 11 seconds.

Otherwise it is 22% on a 3s balance every 10 seconds.
  • Nanoseer is just bad vs any other class. like scroundal, beast, and engineer easily beat them and fury only because of their combos outclasses them in pve 
  • Sagex said:
    Matlkael said:
    :O I can maybe make 500 marks in 15 minutes of bashing. Maaaybe 700 if I my crashes are timed right in Praviskar. I've been told I'm doing something wrong with multistrike - freeze freeze -swarm to death; I'll fiddle with it some more and see if I can improve my bashing.
    what I always do is start out with freeze, hit multistrike, freeze again and then just use swarm until freeze was cured. i never used mulistrike more than once because a freeze + swarm - a multistrike with a freeze and it just seemed idiotic 
    Traveller speedup and pointzero the room first if you aren't already.
  • I switched to try new Engineer last night, quickly decided I still prefer Nanoseer and learned more Oblivion/less Voidism than I had before. Had been using Frenzy but now that I have Speedup... I am in love.

Also if you're going to use Multistrike, it makes more sense to cast it before Freeze. You won't get attacked as quickly and, if you're using queueing, Multistrike makes its first hit right after Freeze.
    I'm gone.
  • level 50's hunting in a level 60-70 area is idiotic yet i as a 68 can't hunt in a level 65-75 area.. 
  • edited January 2019
    Sagex said:
    level 50's hunting in a level 60-70 area is idiotic yet i as a 68 can't hunt in a level 65-75 area.. 
    I think you might be doing something wrong. As a 68 Scoundrel I could hunt pretty much everything. Just gotta be a little more careful. The problem is, all the 65+ areas are always empty and the respawn times are horrifying.
  • ekary said:
    Sagex said:
    level 50's hunting in a level 60-70 area is idiotic yet i as a 68 can't hunt in a level 65-75 area.. 
    I think you might be doing something wrong. As a 68 Scoundrel I could hunt pretty much everything. Just gotta be a little more careful. The problem is, all the 65+ areas are always empty and the respawn times are horrifying.

heink's one shot you, usurm is always bashed out, the breeding colony is bashed out and the other one has all aggros 
    also fury is next to nanoseer in bad pve classes
  • Can we please, please bump the drop chance of pieces? I get lots and lots of armor and see stores with pretty much everything for every class, but you don't see a single piece for sale on terminals anywhere. The last I got from a mob was when I was level 10-15~ and I am almost level 30 now
  • They just recently bumped the drop chance and for the most part people are pleased with it - chances are it's not going to get bumped again for a little while at least. 
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • Sure as hell doesnt seem like it :(
  • piece        105357  a Rhodium 100x piece                8492    70        100%
    piece        113968  a Fleetfinger 1.0 piece             8150    66        100%
    piece        86218   a Fleetfinger 1.0 piece             8218    66        100%
    knuckleduste 118575  a Hestina 1 knuckles                8161    67        100%
    knuckleduste 115929  a KD-RAGE-X-I knuckles              8848    67        100%
    piece        108054  a Fleetfinger 1.0 piece             8405    67        100%
    piece        56194   a Flashfire 1.0 piece               4474    19        100%
    knuckleduste 38448   a Hestina 2 knuckles                8712    68        100%
    knuckleduste 56463   a Hestina 3 knuckles                8484    68        100%
    knuckleduste 63827   a Hestina 1 knuckles                8347    68        100%
    knuckleduste 44304   a Hestina 1 knuckles                8501    69        100%
    toolkit      73268   a Rigworthy PTX-V-6a toolkit        8716    69        100%