Skip to content

Cloning & Modifcation

Several of us were wondering this: when you clone, do you lose all of your tattoos, piercings, and other body modifications? Someone said that Aurelius said you get a fresh new body each time you clone; does that mean you'd be reverted back to your original DNA, even if you underwent appearance-altering surgeries or Rejuvination? Should cloning be viewed as something very serious, if it reverts you back to a state of blank canvas?

Comments

• edited January 2019
    Pretty sure if you undergo appearance-altering surgeries they stick on your clones, so any body modification would also stick. Much like your mindsim gets reattached to all your clones, is possible every other modification you have undergone carries over.
  • Yeah, and nanoseers don't have to get brand new iriil tattoos every time they die!
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • HETE's cloning is definitely a bit handwavy, but I'm not gonna complain...
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • My head canon is that iriil tattoos are not a part of your DNA, so they don't just "grow back", but the cloning facilities do allow you to specify extras. They either add the tattoos ahead of time (when you order the clone), or while you are unconscious (after you die but before you are uploaded into your new body). Either way, it's taken care of.

I also assume they have a sponsored tattooist/piercer/ whatever nearby that can do this stuff.

That does make me wonder though, exactly when do they make the new body? Ahead of time or at the last minute? I don't remember reading about it. I'll have to dig about and see if it says anywhere.