- Paperless
   - Syntaxes are clear
   - You can do it from anywhere
   - No material collection, just calculated cost
   - Zippers
   - That trade terminals are cheap

Things I Do Not Like:
   - 15k per submission. 
      - 15k is several hours of grinding in a lower level area for me, which is keeping others from bashing there
      - Royalties are a neat idea but you need 60 of them to break even. That means 60 people spending 200cr+900 lessons in the same trade
   ** SUGGESTION: Change this to a 15k APPROVAL fee instead of submission. You could then limit how many designs we submit at once so that you are not flooded
   - The inability to make alterations once it is submitted
   - The inability to retract, adjust, and resubmit
   - Design bloat for different wear positions

Requests:
   - Colour flexibility (some colour variables, 2-3). 15k+ is prohibative of giving buyers variety beyond always-popular black
   - Modifiable designs (cowls you can RAISE into a hood and lower, instead of each being their own design)
   - Allow DESIGN TYPES <trade> USABLE to collate available designs by what you can actually work with.
   - Make trade terminals universal LANDMARKS (along with repairs/junk)

Questions I Have:
   - Could the crafting documentation be updated with new rules that are being learned?
   - Could we get a file with information on the unique materials to Starmourn? Properties of fibrisilk, what kinds of metals we can use, etc.
   - Do we have to specify SmartCore every time? What is it?   
   - What does the process look like on the approver end?
   - What are you, the admin, looking for in designs? I've seen comments for clear mistakes in grammar and spelling, but also for stylistic writing where there isn't a clear guideline other than personal preference. It is unclear where the line is from comments helping correct, and rejecting, forcing another 15k submission fee (which is not sustainable for the amount of work grinding marks + debt simulator + the variety of gaming time). 

Comments

• Can we please be allowed to denote containers, make packs, make trenchcoats
  • I'd also like to see some added stuff: kimono (we have cheongsam), bodysuit (non-lingerie teddies), rompers/playsuits, pantsuits.

It'd also be nice to see the marks cost lowered. I know it's supposed to stimulate the economy and be a mark-sink, but OP is right -- 15k is prohibitive, especially to start.
  • This is a really great change, thank you @Tecton!

Date:     01/02/2019 at 21:06
    Author:   Tecton, the Singularity
    Subject:  Design tradeskill pricing.

Some minor change to tradeskill design pricing:

Designs are now priced at 5000 marks and 15000 marks for urgent.
    Design downloads are now 2500 marks

• edited January 2019
    A new desire:

A global market channel and advertisements.

With trade terminals scattered as independent shops, rather than storefronts to a central stock, it is difficult to communicate where others can go to find your goods. 

And another!

Dynasty-linked shops, where one of the dynasty assignable privs is Shopkeeper.

Also, the ability to LOOK <person> <thing>.
    This becomes tricky with designs not all having clear nouns (towel_(head), etc). 
  • Apparently we are limited in only being able to have 10 designs. The syntax to expand our databanks is not working.

Could this please be lifted or fixed, @Tecton? Crafters are coming into a position where we cannot complete commissions.

Idea: Making designs Public releases them from your 10 design limit, encouraging more people to share their surplus.

Question: Does downloading and crafting a public design still show the original designer when probed? Example: Designed by BigOleDoorknob and fabricated by Regrette? 
  • Eshe said:
    Apparently we are limited in only being able to have 10 designs. The syntax to expand our databanks is not working.

Could this please be lifted or fixed, @Tecton? Crafters are coming into a position where we cannot complete commissions.

Idea: Making designs Public releases them from your 10 design limit, encouraging more people to share their surplus.

Question: Does downloading and crafting a public design still show the original designer when probed? Example: Designed by BigOleDoorknob and fabricated by Regrette? 
    The 10 design limit is very aggravating and really sad at the moment. Not the best place to find yourself at the end of 300+cr worth of Tradeskill investment just to notice you can't continue designing stuff.

Please, please give us a fix for this cap!
  • -- Updates - #51 --------------------------------------------------------------

Date:     01/06/2019 at 05:31

Author:   Tecton, the Singularity

Subject:  Design tradeskills.

The default number of design/download slots was painfully low, I've raised this to 50 - enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • Wait - wait, what? 

50 is still too low. Why in the world would this be limited? This is a pretty significant investment. You don't cap anything else that people choose to do in the game?

This is a pretty gross cash grab, imo. 

One completed custom outfit is at a minimum of 3 pieces and can easily go up to 10. So you are saying I have to either only do generic designs and stop doing custom orders or..what...forget stuff I spent 5k to design in the first place? 

Just do like you do in Imperian and put a timer on the designs with a Mark upkeep and an artifact to lock down some designs as perm. 

• Yeah, there will likely be more changes in the future, this was just a simple, quick one-liner change to get people going in the meantime.
  • For future consideration as well: a shop log of some kind? It'd be nice to have options to track net sales from everywhere, as well as sales from specific networks. At present tracking sales is very dicey. If this kind of complicated fix is prohibitive right now, I'd also be okay with having a system message accompany every sale!
  • It’d be nice to have a log for accounts as well and to be able to have stuff like refineries link to a specific subaccount rather than just cargo. 
  • One solution to the design limit thing might be to waive the download fee if it's something you designed.
    Come one, come all W'hoorn, to the Cultural Exchange where we can talk about being catbird klingons!
  • Design requests:
    A hairpin/hairstick (jewelers)
    Noodles (cuisine)
    Googles to be fixed to goggles (will these interfere with Nanoseers?)
  • I know I saw it somewhere else, but I don't remember where, so I'll ask here: Could anyone post the full list of things that can be designed for jewelry and clothing?
  • You should be able to DESIGN TYPES CUISINE/JEWELRY/FASHION in game, without having the appropriate license. 
  • Nah, just tried that. Just says 'You have entered an invalid command.'
    I'm gone.
  • Eshe said:

Googles to be fixed to goggles (will these interfere with Nanoseers?)
    What if Google won the galactic fashion goggle wars of 2230 and now all fashion goggles are googles?
  • Fashion:
    Alphabetical:
    Apron
    Armwarmers
    Bandana_(face)
    Bandana_(hair)
    Bandana_(head)
    Bandana_(neck)
    Bathrobe
    Belt
    Beret
    Blanket_(shoulders)
    Blanket_(torso)
    Blanket_(waist)
    Blazer
    Blindfold
    Blouse
    Bodice
    Bonnet
    Boots
    Bowtie
    Boxers
    Bra
    Bralette
    Breeches
    Briefs
    Camisole
    Cap
    Cape
    Changshan
    Chemise
    Cheongsam
    Cloak
    Clogs
    Coat
    Corset
    Cowl_(head)
    Cowl_(neck)
    Cravat
    Dress
    Eyepatch
    Garterbelt
    Glasses
    Glove
    Gloves
    Googles
    Gown
    Handkerchief_(face)
    Handkerchief_(hair)
    Handkerchief_(head)
    Handkerchief_(neck)
    Handwarmers
    Hat
    Headband_(hair)
    Headband_(head)
    Headdress_(fin)
    Headdress_(head)
    Heels
    Hood
    Hoodie
    Hose
    Jacket
    Jerkin
    Jumpsuit
    Kerchief_(face)
    Kerchief_(hair)
    Kerchief_(head)
    Kerchief_(neck)
    Kilt
    Leggings
    Legwarmers
    Loincloth
    Mantle
    Mask
    Mittens
    Monocle
    Nightgown
    Nightshirt
    Pajamas
    Panties
    Pants
    Parka
    Petticoat
    Poncho
    Quilt_(shoulders)
    Quilt_(torso)
    Quilt_(waist)
    Ribbon_(hair)
    Ribbon_(head)
    Ribbon_(neck)
    Ribbons_(ankles)
    Ribbons_(wrists)
    Robe
    Robes
    Ruff
    Sandals
    Sari
    Sarong_(legs)
    Sarong_(torso)
    Sash_(shoulder)
    Sash_(waist)
    Scarf_(face)
    Scarf_(hair)
    Scarf_(head)
    Scarf_(neck)
    Shawl
    Shift
    Shirt
    Shoes
    Shorts
    Skirt
    Sleeve
    Slip
    Slippers
    Sneakers
    Socks
    Specs
    Spectacles
    Stockings
    Suit
    Sunglasses
    Suspenders
    Sweater
    Tabard
    Teddy
    Tie
    Tights
    Towel_(head)
    Towel_(shoulders)
    Towel_(torso)
    Towel_(waist)
    Trousers
    Tunic
    Turban
    Tutu
    Undershirt
    Uniform
    Veil
    Vest
    Visor
    Waistcoat
    Wristwarmers

90 Lessons:
    Bandana_(head)
    Blanket_(waist)
    Blouse
    Handkerchief_(head)
    Hoodie
    Jumpsuit
    Kerchief_(head)
    Leggings
    Pants
    Ribbon_(head)
    Ribbon_(neck)
    Robes
    Scarf_(neck)
    Shift
    Shirt
    Shorts
    Skirt
    Sleeve
    Trousers
    Tunic

270 Lessons:
    Apron
    Bandana_(face)
    Bandana_(neck)
    Bathrobe
    Blanket_(shoulders)
    Boxers
    Bra
    Breeches
    Cowl_(head)
    Cowl_(neck)
    Handkerchief_(face)
    Handkerchief_(neck)
    Headband_(head)
    Hood
    Hose
    Kerchief_(face)
    Kerchief_(neck)
    Loincloth
    Mittens
    Nightshirt
    Pajamas
    Panties
    Parka
    Poncho
    Quilt_(shoulders)
    Ribbons_(ankles)
    Sarong_(legs)
    Sarong_(torso)
    Scarf_(head)
    Socks
    Stockings
    Sweater
    Tights
    Towel_(head)
    Towel_(torso)
    Veil
    Vest

500 Lessons: 
    Armwarmers
    Bandana_(hair)
    Belt
    Blanket_(torso)
    Cape
    Cloak
    Coat
    Dress
    Gloves
    Handkerchief_(hair)
    Handwarmers
    Hat
    Headband_(hair)
    Jacket
    Jerkin
    Kerchief_(hair)
    Kilt
    Legwarmers
    Mantle
    Quilt_(waist)
    Ribbon_(hair)
    Robe
    Ruff
    Sari
    Sash_(shoulder)
    Scarf_(face)
    Shawl
    Suspenders
    Tabard
    Towel_(waist)
    Tutu
    Uniform
    Visor
    Waistcoat
    Wristwarmers

680 Lessons:
    Beret
    Blazer
    Blindfold
    Bonnet
    Boots
    Cap
    Changshan
    Cheongsam
    Clogs
    Cravat
    Glove
    Heels
    Quilt_(torso)
    Ribbons_(wrists)
    Sandals
    Sash_(waist)
    Scarf_(hair)
    Shoes
    Slippers
    Sneakers
    Tie
    Towel_(shoulders)
    Turban

900 Lessons: 

Bodice
    Bowtie
    Bralette
    Briefs
    Camisole
    Chemise
    Corset
    Eyepatch
    Garterbelt
    Glasses
    Googles
    Gown
    Headdress_(fin)
    Headdress_(head)
    Mask
    Monocle
    Nightgown
    Petticoat
    Slip
    Specs
    Spectacles
    Suit
    Sunglasses
    Teddy
    Undershirt
  • Does anyone have a list of the different designs available at each level for Cuisine?

• @Tecton Any chance the different lists with all possible crafted items could be added to the game scrolls? Or at the very least to the wiki, since the lists might be a bit too long for easy reference ig.
  • Arsentar said:
    @Tecton Any chance the different lists with all possible crafted items could be added to the game scrolls? Or at the very least to the wiki, since the lists might be a bit too long for easy reference ig.
    I'm slowly adding stuff to the wiki. Need people to send me things in to really kick it off though. I have fashion ready to go relatively soon.
  • Wuff said:
    Arsentar said:
    @Tecton Any chance the different lists with all possible crafted items could be added to the game scrolls? Or at the very least to the wiki, since the lists might be a bit too long for easy reference ig.
    I'm slowly adding stuff to the wiki. Need people to send me things in to really kick it off though. I have fashion ready to go relatively soon.
    Could you link the wiki page in your signature for easy access?
  • https://wiki.starmourn.com/Fashion

Here it is for now, I'd feel a bit strange linking individual wiki pages in my signature >.>
  • Wuff said:
    https://wiki.starmourn.com/Fashion

Here it is for now, I'd feel a bit strange linking individual wiki pages in my signature >.>

Great! Just a note, it costs 5k to submit. 15k is reserved for designs tagged urgent now, from what I remember.
  • Oops, fixed. I forgot to update that!
  • Is there any chance of the submission fee getting another look on? We pay 200 credits for the skill, plus 150 to learn to craft everything. I am happy and all that it got downed from 15k to 5k, but 5k is still a little unreasonable. At the very least make it just 1k.
  • I really hate being that person, but 5k is not too hard to get. Even questing can net that easily (granted, if you've already done it before and thus know the steps).

You could also do commissions for other people, and charge maybe 6k? 5k for the submission, and 1k for you. Do enough commissions and then you can submit a design for yourself.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • Is there a way to forget/free up a slot of our own designs? Say I design something for a specific clan or faction. I can designate to them, or the public, but I can't forget it since it isn't in my downloaded databank. I can't find a way to transfer it in full (so I could download it again later with that mark cost, but don't have to carry it around with me all the time). 
  • Eshe said:
    Is there a way to forget/free up a slot of our own designs? Say I design something for a specific clan or faction. I can designate to them, or the public, but I can't forget it since it isn't in my downloaded databank. I can't find a way to transfer it in full (so I could download it again later with that mark cost, but don't have to carry it around with me all the time). 
    did you try DESIGN DOWNLOAD FORGET <#>        ?
  • edited January 2019
    Yes, and it tells me that that isn't a design I have downloaded. Which is true, because it is one I submitted and had approved. But I've designated it to an organization and have no need to have it in my design portfolio now.