Skip to content

Making Marks from hunting.

I noticed that the current area I am hunting in (Whittler's Hollow) I don't get near the amount of junk drops as I did in the other areas when I was leveling up to levels 10-15 (Oldtown). Is that just me, or are the drops different depending on the area? I have not yet gone to the other hunting areas for levels 15-20 yet, but wanting to ask anyway. 
(Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
(Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
(Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
(Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
(Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."

Comments

• It gets waaay better at 20. I made a little over 2000 from junk going from 21-22 in Praviskar.
    I'm gone.
  • Whittler's Hollow has been my luckiest drop spot so far, have only been to Swamp and the mutant place. That said, I'm not exactly rolling in marks.
  • Yeah, I just went to the mutant place and the swamp. I made decent marks at the mutant place, but ended up attacking a guy without paying attention and he was stronger then i was and I died. Ended up getting deeper in debt lol. But I was able to get back and get my INR and all my junk, then went back to Whittler's Hollow and picked up some more junk, was able to cut my debt almost in half. I might just go do an incursion and make 900+ marks from that and get out of debt.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
  • saturnine said:
    It gets waaay better at 20. I made a little over 2000 from junk going from 21-22 in Praviskar.
    You are totally right. I just hit level 20 today and though i haven't bashed heavily yet in Praviskar, I still ended up with a lot more marks then I used to do. I mean I might have been there a total of a half hour, maybe, and made almost 1k marks.
  • :C I die horribly in Praviskar! Oranc has been a bit better, but the marks are less than stellar. Maybe the 30s are when it gets better...
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • I have to take is slow in Praviskar. I can't kill a guardsman and then just start attacking another guardsman without spending time getting my health back up. It's a bit annoying, but I can usually make 1k marks an hour, but I really haven't even bashed for that long yet. I made 800+ in like 30 minutes I believe. I only went in killed a few then left for a bit and came back and killed some more. On like the third trip I realized I had made 800+ marks and I probably spent a total of 30 minutes actually bashing.
  • I think that it might matter on what abilities you have in your class. If you have the correct ones you do alright. Like I am doing better now that I went ahead and got rapidfire. I was going to save up and get bind in Guile, but decided that since I had the 75 lessons for rapidfire and not the 76 lessons for bind, I went ahead and got rapidfire and it's helped out a lot.