Skip to content

Junk Cap

edited December 2018 in Feedback
As title states, is there a junk cap per day? I am hunting 50-60 areas and only making about 800 Marks per hour. I killed something in Arrizuri Quarry and it dropped just 25 Marks worth.

Edited: I only made about 20k in total today.

Will monitor, as it has periods of being alright and not alright.

@Tecton

Comments

• If there is I haven't reached it. Mobs don't always give the same amount of junk.
  • I tried hunting yesterday after the reset was meant to happen and I made like 500 marks from a 15 minute bash by poaching a 60+ zone. (sorry level grinders). Previously I could've made like 4k in that time, more than enough to go die and not feel pissed off about it.

I then died on a cosmpiercer about four times in twenty minutes and lost 8000 marks.

Needless to say, I am not eager to go back to cosmpiercers. Or to do PVP. Or to do anything that might end up with me back at the cloners, really.

I'm not spending an hour bashing just so I can die once.

And I'm regretting spending all my marks on credits because I can't resell them to build a buffer or buy a ship.
  • There was supposed to be a change regarding clone costs in pvp... Dunno what happened with that.
  • @Arlixa Scatterhome salutes your mighty sacrifice!
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • I’ve noticed a really large decrease in marks from the 65-any zones - even when first starting for the day.  I used to get about 4x as much as I do now.
  • Not all zones are created equal. 40-50 zone was cranking out a really decent amount, but the 50+ zone I've explored was a pittance in comparison (easily 1/4 what I was making before, if not less). 
  • People keep saying they're making bank from bashing starting at the 20s, but I'm at 25 and so far I haven't seen it happen. The places with the good junk rate kill me, while the places I can hunt safely only net me a few hundred marks, which are often barely enough to cover gear repair costs (even if I hold off from repairing until the 50% mark).
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • @Matlkael Like I said in another thread, I don't know what you did wrong in Praviskar. I'm a Nanoseer and haven't died there at all. Started with guards(wo)men at 20, added in slavers and occupiers at 25. As long as I start a fight at 80% health or higher I have no risk.
    I'm gone.
  • @saturnine I just got PointZero and made 900 marks in profit from bashing Oranc for a few hours, so I'll likely be trying out Praviskar again now that I can afford to eat a death.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • saturnine said:
    @Matlkael Like I said in another thread, I don't know what you did wrong in Praviskar. I'm a Nanoseer and haven't died there at all. Started with guards(wo)men at 20, added in slavers and occupiers at 25. As long as I start a fight at 80% health or higher I have no risk.
    wow, I can only kill the guardsman or the occupiers if I worked hard. I am a Scoundrel that just hit level 20. I still make around 1k marks in about an hour, or less. I am doing a tad better now that I went ahead and got rapidfire, but I think it really has to do with what abilities one has in their class skills, which also accounts for how many lessons they have. Being that I have only spent 20 credits on lessons that I bought, i probably wouldn't even be able to fight in Praviskar right now.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."