Skip to content

Fight Club

Let's start seeing some logs!

Atalkez (Fury) vs Maven (Scoundrel) - https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/E9SO2tEJ

Few things that I noticed in this:

1 - WW doesn't stand well at all (I have a BUG in the system that says this is getting fixed ASAP)
2 - Proning a Fury between blade attack and rage attack is a problem. I had balancing on for this fight, still happened
3 - Unload isn't interrupted by PRONE, seems like an oversight
4 - Rapidfire does 4% system damage, whereas nearly every attack I've seen so far does 2%. With how debilitating mind system damage is, 4% per seems like a lot, but I obv could be missing something.

Anything else someone sees to point out, be my guest!

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Atalkez said:
    Let's start seeing some logs!
    How about no. You're not meant to fucking talk about fight club.
    Literally the first rule, and you went and broke it. Guess who's not getting invited back.
  • Combat logs sounded so lame
  • Atalkez said:
    Combat logs sounded so lame
    You're not getting invited back to Fight Club.
  • edited December 2018
    Just a small thing. Subsystem damage is based entirely on afflictions. Most afflictions do 200 damage (2%) however some do as low as 50 (0.5%) or as high as 250 (2.5%). Some also do 0.

Rapidfire did 4% because it gave 2 afflictions that did 200 subsystem damage. Rapidfire has a separate cooldown (8 seconds) in addition to a longer balance (40% more) time than a normal crackshot. However if her ammo was set to amplifying or infusion or an actual damaging round like combustion or regular, it would have done 0%.

On another note, some typos in the Kith abilities not using the proper gender flag, it referred to Maven as him a few times.
  • edited December 2018
    Maruna (Scoundrel) vs Mavis (Fury)
    First fight went a whole lot worse because my wetwiring was borked. Second one seems alright. Both still learning- he ruined me kinda hard before this.

• edited December 2018
    [Wetwiring]: Damaged Right Arm detected.
    [2081|2|47%|0] (-W)
    You are again ready to dualshoot.
    [2081|2|47%|0] (-W)
    You have recovered your balance.
    You: Gun Crackshot -> Mavis.
    A Hypershot 1.0 piece kicks in your grip and an explosive noise cracks the air as you fire a shot at Mavis.
    Damage Dealt: 212 impact
    Your shot strikes home with a satisfying accuracy, afflicting Mavis with acrophobia.
    Balance used: 2.50s.

Huh, do damaged limbs not work as advertised? Doesn't seem like there's an increased balance cost. Or does the balance message only show the base time?

Also, Mavis' putting his rage in the piggy bank for that unstoppable! I might have to try that.
  • Was there any benefit to giving him encroachment, disorientation, acrophobia so much? Were those there due to assuming WW would handle the affs first before healing HP? Or is it that also afflicting with those was building up subsys damage?
  • Prone means something different in this game, I don't know that prone should stop me from shooting my piece at you.  Though how do you balance that with being prone with a kithblade, I'm unsure (as of right now you can still attack while prone with your blade, maybe it's working as intended). 
    The channeled abilities should be interrupted with interrupts (or moving/forcing move), in my opinion, not prone.

-- Message #21 from Tecton --
    21000 IEDs? This is my sad lha-ti face. :(.

• Albion said:

Huh, do damaged limbs not work as advertised? Doesn't seem like there's an increased balance cost. Or does the balance message only show the base time?

Also, Mavis' putting his rage in the piggy bank for that unstoppable! I might have to try that.
    Gun wielded in the left. Not right, balance increase only works on weapons wielded in that hand I'm pretty sure.
    Perfect said:
    The channeled abilities should be interrupted with interrupts (or moving/forcing move), in my opinion, not prone.
    They are. Unload wasn't being interrupted by prone. Regarding the kith thing, I'm thinking you just don't see them stand because properly timed trips do stop their rage attacks going off. You can see it here:
    Mavis: Blade Rend -> you.
    Mavis whirls into you, driving a Sunos T-4-A kithblade through the meaty part of your shoulder in a rending strike.
    [1246|6|47%|0] (-W)
    You have recovered your balance.
    You: Guile Trip -> Mavis.
    Neatly hooking your ankle behind Mavis's, you trip him in a shamelessly dirty move, tossing him onto his back.
    Mavis falls to the ground!
    Balance used: 2.00s.
    [1246|6|47%|0] (-W)
    [Wetwiring]: Winded cured.
    [1246|6|47%|0] (-W)
    You are again ready to dualshoot.
    [1246|6|47%|0] (-W)
    Mavis: Kith Stance Flare.
    Mavis flows smoothly into the Flare stance.
    [1246|6|47%|0] (-W)

• edited December 2018
    Squeakums said:
    Was there any benefit to giving him encroachment, disorientation, acrophobia so much? Were those there due to assuming WW would handle the affs first before healing HP? Or is it that also afflicting with those was building up subsys damage?
    Those are the affs that the impairing ammo gives, I use random because it's just easier; no reason really to track affs in Starmourn when everything is mostly subsystem based. Impairing gives mind subsystem damage, and ensuring those affs are stuck gives maximum benefit from shrieker IED since it scales off of mental afflictions. I don't have bind, so I can't go for forcefeed insta, therefore I just go for hinder and damage kill.
    Had he lived much longer I'd transition into what Maven did in Atalkez's log, and start working on internals via Weakening ammo.
  • Ah, right, I forgot about the IED on reload. That makes sense! 
  • edited December 2018
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/Brasl7Dy Another one, should provide more insight as to what exactly is happening. Timestamps / what affs I have, now. This one was a bit more deadly for me, because I messed up hard at the start. I thiiiink what affs I have might be messed up, I'll have to review.
    eta: Yes, yes they were. My affgain/affcured thing was referencing the same function. Oops.
    eta2: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/Ixmkyv_2 A log with not broken prompt affs.

• vs Viper (Scoundrel) - need to work out how to better track stacking afflictions like stupefied to not get duplicated like that.
    Scoundrel vs Scoundrel seems a little awkward, to be honest.

• I really really need to work on fever timing. That last fight seriously looks like all I did was suffuse fever and swiftcut.
  • Cut it close a few times there, because I'd been trying out some different things. Early mends saved my hide. TIL I learned that Fury balancing can stop sleep from proning them too. :p
    Need to refine some things, but getting there.
  • If anyone has any seer logs im highly interested.
  • Soza said:
    If anyone has any seer logs im highly interested.
    will try to get a couple.
  • edited January 2019
    46 seer vs. 17 beast

Not great for comparison, since 17 beast won't do a lot of damage, but definitely highlights the squishiness of seer since Nyk got me down to 58% even with that big of a level-gap

Edit: I have 3320 health, and most of the WW info is in my GUI so these might not actually be the greatest to look at.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/HzmS5BKD
  • edited January 2019
    Another against Nyk, flighty bastard. Got me to 21% health, but I didn't heal at all. This is still pretty insane for a level 17 vs. a level 46

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/H_mEFU-o
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/tdXq1X6p

This is against @Albion. forget his level but it's 70-something. Got damaged out pretty quick. Tried using distract our next fight but he killed me even quicker and i didn't get a chance to build any affs on him.
  • edited January 2019
    I've found pretty quickly that the threat of being outdamaged is a lot lower if you prioritize using your heal whenever its off cooldown and you'll get the full 20% out of it. Your offence isn't gonna take much of a hit when regenerating systems takes ages here, and it is much better to be at a higher health pool when opportunities to push your offence even further arise.
  • edited January 2019
    Darios said:
    I've found pretty quickly that the threat of being outdamaged is a lot lower if you prioritize using your heal whenever its off cooldown and you'll get the full 20% out of it. Your offence isn't gonna take much of a hit when regenerating systems takes ages here, and it is much better to be at a higher health pool when opportunities to push your offence even further arise.
    yeah. I need to focus on healing and mending a lot more it seems.
  • edited January 2019
    Even if I plan to stick with Scoundrel, figured I'd give the other classes a looksie anyway while we have free resets.

Engineer vs Ronin
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/ugPV9qc1
    Still got a lot of things to work out, but I'll take it. Even if I didn't get to squash him like I wanted to. He ruined me in the first one pretty handily because my turret wasn't working. Have some plans for things, but need sleep.

• Nanoseer being able to kill someone in 21 balances makes me think that all of the talk about how underpowered they are seem pretty ridiculous tbph.
  • @ronin is it a log bug or was damaged limbs not increasing your balance by 10%? Seemed like you had 3.0 sec balance even with damaged arm or leg (those few times they didn't get immediately cleared) 
  • Squeakums said:
    @ronin is it a log bug or was damaged limbs not increasing your balance by 10%? Seemed like you had 3.0 sec balance even with damaged arm or leg (those few times they didn't get immediately cleared) 
    Damaged limbs definitely don't seem to be working the way they're advertised. They increase damage taken, but they don't increase balance.

Maruna (Engineer) vs Ren (Fury)
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/ROswax5p - Engineer seems in a weird spot. Not amazing, but not god-awful. Could do with a couple of minor QoL changes, but I think it's close to being in a decent spot. Could do with a bit of tuning-back on its raw DPS, in favour of better subsystem management. As it stands I kill most people (even Darios/Sintor, who're geared high level people) with raw health damage, long before they get into squash/heartbreaker range... EM route is completely abysmal and pretty much not worth it to go for ever. It's slow and clunky as fuck; the EM change a few days ago didn't do a whole lot.

• edited January 2019
    More logs since nobody likes posting them apparently.
    Vs Balthazar (Beast)

Vs Mavis (Fury)
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/xgY_ihEe - He's not giving me his PoV :p
    Really need to watch out for Inferno :/ Especially when my workstation craps out.

I think Engineer's almost where it needs to be. Would be nice if more of the bot stuff was useful, outside of niche scenarios. But not too many complaints with it. Scoundrel and Beast definitely outpace it significantly, and it's probably on par with Nano / better than Fury.
  • edited January 2019
    BeepBoop said:
    Nanoseer being able to kill someone in 21 balances makes me think that all of the talk about how underpowered they are seem pretty ridiculous tbph.
    I've been saying it's not as underpowered as peeps seem to think, but that was also with no curing on  my part. against someone like Maruna or Yara the damage is just too much for me to handle, curing or no.

damage-wise though it's pretty lacking unless i want to kill myself as well. 
  • I'm not saying nano is bad either, but you also have to consider the other person's curing. It didn't look like Nyk was prioing afflictions, which makes a rather large difference.

But what Ronin said is also huge, in terms of timing. The nanoseer doesn't really do damage so they have the disadvantage of having to nano repair a lot, while their opponent doesn't have to. 21 balances becomes more like 28 if you have to constantly repair, and that's assuming they actually let you kill them in 21 balances (aff prioing and mend mind slow this down). Fury can kill in 20 balances or so if you don't mend at all. Scoundrel can do the same but its balances are also faster.
  • My point is that damage aside (which I think is the first thing that will be nerfed) Beasts cannot possible instakill anyone in 21 balances with absolutely 0 subsys healing.