Skip to content

Proper profanity in Starmourn

I thought some of you might enjoy using proper, modern profanity in Starmourn, and documented some of the more common profane words here: 
https://wiki.starmourn.com/Slang

The profanity filter is going to be updated this weekend to use these instead of just bleeping things out too!

Comments

• Flakkin' right. 
  • This is fantastic information for my character who swears a lot. Thanks!
  • Love this, kinda wish I could go through all my posts and replace what I said with these. Now I gotta be embarrassed 10 years from now when I read my first posts! Lol. 
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Do you like things up your ass? Is your record clean? Are you looking for a job in the near future but not right now? Smuggle drugs for Solus and get stuffed across the galaxy."

• I may have to turn the language filter on for this...
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • edited December 2018
    I kind of wish frak was on there just for the BSG reference. I can live with flakk though.
  • SH is gonna have a field day
  • Bunch of flakking kithlicking voiddaka.
  • Probably be too obvious if I used smeg
  • Everybody knows skrek is better than daka.
  • This is glorious
  • Jin are foreigners in this sector...does that make the males daka guy Jin? 
    "You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here."
  • This is so awesome. Even has a word my character will be using. He doesn't like kith at all.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • Note: I've added a few new slang terms.
  • Aurelius said:
    Note: I've added a few new slang terms.
    Matt I know you mean well, but uh... Referring to something as bushie has an entirely different meaning.
  • edited December 2018
    Urban Dictionary says that Bushie is a mistake, or an easily avoidable screwup. That seems to semi-fit :P

It would appear Australia has a different meaning for it, though.
  • Aussies are weird. Rooting for a team in Aus is completely different than in the US. ;)
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • Maruna said:
    Aurelius said:
    Matt I know you mean well, but uh... Referring to something as bushie has an entirely different meaning.
    Sure, it has several meanings in modern day Earth depending on where you are, but only one in Starmourn!
  • edited December 2018
    Aurelius said:
    Maruna said:
    Aurelius said:
    Sure, it has several meanings in modern day Earth depending on where you are, but only one in Starmourn!
    Bushies did Mega/11
  • Everybody loves the bush mate
  • Doesn't work on the website, does it? :(
  • bairloch said:
    Doesn't work on the website, does it? :(
    Hmmm, if it doesn't require major rewrites of the game/website interface, we could have it work there, yeah.
  • Tecton said:
    bairloch said:
    Doesn't work on the website, does it? :(
    Hmmm, if it doesn't require major rewrites of the game/website interface, we could have it work there, yeah.
    Should totally make it work on forums. Hilarity inbound. Similar to how Aetolia forums censors every curse word to 'unicorns'
  • There's no reasonable way to have it work on the forums, alas. 
  • Aurelius said:
    There's no reasonable way to have it work on the forums, alas. 
    Build your own forums, and make Vanilla pay for it.
  • Maruna said:
    Build your own forums, and make Vanilla pay for it.
    So this is why Scatterhome is having a shutdown. All makes sense now.
  • One issue: There's a lot of denizens who use hell/shit/fuck in their dialogue rather than bala/daka/flakk, which rather undermines the notion of the latter as 'proper profanity' in Starmourn.
  • yeah wtf emote it still not, "what the daka flakka flame" or whatever.
  • Yeah, will be taken care of at some point.