Skip to content

Starmourn GUIs?

Comments

• Jonathin said:
    Not shit. That is qt, I guess that the gui system you guys use is just setting it internally. I dunno, never played with it.
    CSS.
    setLabelStyleSheet(css)
    or if Geyser:
    setStyleSheet(css)

Supported properties (although I've had mixed success):
    http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/stylesheet-reference.html#list-of-properties

And, to make it significantly easier to use, find Vadi's "CSSMAN" script from the mudlet scripts forum, which is, as the name suggests, a manager-script for your styling.
  • Ok! I'm back again with another update - trying to do @Maruna proud. This time it is finished!

So this first image is the system with the land map up, on a station. As you can see, the bottom left boxes are now used to track people(complete with colors and cities pulled from @Maruna's name database script) and items, separated based on what they are. The items can also clicked in the box to be picked up or probed. In the status box, you can see in all caps, what defenses or rage abilities I have active.

Next we have the UI in space. Notice how the mapper has changed to the spacemap, this will happen automatically. If you use the starchart in game command, it will automatically open the starchart tab but will switch back to the spacemap after a couple of seconds. You will also notice that the people tracker UI box has now become a ship beacon box. Whenever you use ship beacon the results will be output to this box in a neat looking way. Some lines are too long but I chose not to wrap them because you should have most of the info you need(such as number and who owns the ship) right there on the screen. The switch between ship beacon and people tracking happens automatically.

This image is to just show off the hacking map.

The chat box is all done through gmcp, so very minimal triggering is required as well. I do feel like the People Here window takes up a lot of unnecessary space considering the amount of people I actually run into, so I may shorten the box and put in some gauges in the bottom half at the behest of someone else. What does everyone think?
  • I almost forgot! This is the image I used for my background in an attempt to keep things space themed!

• Lucius said:
    trying to do @Maruna proud.
    The alignment of the health/rage/target line on the bottom right being out of sync with the alignment of the rest, is really jarring.
  • Maruna said:
    Lucius said:
    The alignment of the health/rage/target line on the bottom right being out of sync with the alignment of the rest, is really jarring.
    You're right. I'll fix that.
  • edited December 2018
    Maruna said:
    Lucius said:
    @Maruna

Though, I'm going to switch it so target is in the middle because target will be longer than 4 characters.

• Lucius said:

The : are still misaligned.
  • Maruna said:
    Lucius said:

The : are still misaligned.
    You're right, I lined up the edges and not the rest. Bleh.
  • @Maruna
    I'll have you know that I fixed the alignment, and then decided to rework the whole damn thing so its lined up even better. I'll show you when I'm done and you can tell me whats wrong with it then.  =)
  • edited December 2018
    Indi said:
    Jonathin said:
    Not shit. That is qt, I guess that the gui system you guys use is just setting it internally. I dunno, never played with it.
    CSS.
    setLabelStyleSheet(css)
    or if Geyser:
    setStyleSheet(css)

Supported properties (although I've had mixed success):
    http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/stylesheet-reference.html#list-of-properties</code><br><code>
    gui.active_style  = "background-color: QLinearGradient( x1: 0, y1: 0, x2: 0, y2: 1, stop: 0 #98f041, stop: 0.1 #8cf029, stop: 0.49 #66cc00, stop: 0.5 #52a300, stop: 1 #66cc00);border-width: 1px;border-color: black;border-style: solid;border-radius: 7;padding: 3px"
    QT is based after CSS, hence the glaring similarities, but it's still QT which also means that there are some neat QT-specific things that you can do with it. (the above is not an example of such things. Just how I do my own QT)
  • How did you add those pretty borders, @Lucius?
  • Arsentar said:
    How did you add those pretty borders, @Lucius?
    The rounded borders? I use CSSMan for it.

starmourn.GUI.BoxCSS = CSSMan.new([[
     background-color: rgba(0,0,0,100);
     border-style: solid;
     border-width: 1px;
     border-radius: 10px;
     border-color: white;
     margin: 10px; ]])

• Still been tweaking it a bit, and not sure what I want to reorganize where quite yet.
  • kaeus said:

Still been tweaking it a bit, and not sure what I want to reorganize where quite yet.
    You follow the same setup for all your guis, huh? :p
  • Maruna said:
    kaeus said:

Still been tweaking it a bit, and not sure what I want to reorganize where quite yet.
    You follow the same setup for all your guis, huh? :p
    I am not a UI/UX guy at ALL. I struggled far too much just coming up with colors I liked  :( Ended up just using some of what I had and making the code cleaner and moving stuff around a bit.
  • edited January 2019
    A little (a lot) less fancy, using tintin++ and tmux. Still need to build out some people/mob tracking and a custom prompt with gauges at the bottom of the main panel, but it's a start.

• mistral said:
    A little (a lot) less fancy, using tintin++ and tmux.
  • A tintin++ user! So it isn't extinct!

Joke.  :p
    vote ∘ Explore Nexus mods for Starmourn & Achaeandb for Nexus

• @tysandr I <3 your UI simply because it is written in JavaScript.
    Mudlet: Ōtsutsuki Interface
    "In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."
  • edited January 2019
    I'd actually do it for Nexus (which should be able to do the same things) but the devs use a few things that make it extremely resilient to modification. It's like mold - it just keeps coming back.

I started working on something but it's going to be extremely laborious.

Guess we now know what's behind the output window  :p

• tysandr said:
    Guess we now know what's behind the output window  :p
    Aaaand we're back to a mac. I thought you'd improved :( Why do you do this? :(
  • I swap between two :(

• edited January 2019
    Latest version!

I give up trying to embed it..

• Does no one use MUSHclient anymore?
    <WARG>Weapon Augmented Ravager Genotype
  • Warg said:
    Does no one use MUSHclient anymore?
    Nope.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • Any fresh GUIs out there?

• Still have a lot of work to do but here's what my system is looking like so far:

[Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.
  • It's so refreshing to see a MUD screen that doesn't use monospace fonts. Congratulations, unicorn! :3
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • Matlkael said:
    It's so refreshing to see a MUD screen that doesn't use monospace fonts. Congratulations, unicorn! :3
    We're in the future so how could I not use Futura given it's one of the options?
    [Cassandra]: Poet will be unsurprised to learn that she has unread news.