Skip to content

Starmourn GUIs?

The game's still in its early stages, but I know there's plenty of coders out there playing. I'm curious to see what y'all have come up with so far, in terms of GUIs.
Here's mine, currently. When I get around to it I'll move the denizen window down, and put the space map in between the two while on a ship (hence why there's so much space there). Haven't actually started on my system yet, but I wanted a screen to look at that wasn't just a map (also hopefully the mapper team fixes up the colouring of rooms, so it doesn't look janky).

Comments

• How you working with IRE Mapper, from scratch or just moving ASCII map over to the screen?
  • Reon said:
    How you working with IRE Mapper, from scratch or just moving ASCII map over to the screen?
    It's just the ordinary mudlet mapper, with map information downloaded from https://www.starmourn.com/maps/map.xml

• edited December 2018
    Just started mine! Have been ironing out some Map things. Here is a quick shot:

https://imgur.com/a/ZtC8By7

For some reason embedding images isn't working for me :-/

Anyway, does anyone know if there is a way to echo the spacemap colors into the miniconsoles to retain its original coloring? 

• Lucius said:

For some reason embedding images isn't working for me :-/

Anyway, does anyone know if there is a way to echo the spacemap colors into the miniconsoles to retain its original coloring?
    -answered the question IG. As for embedding, right click and 'copy image location' - paste that instead. For this image it'll be https://i.imgur.com/epoLQAZ.png as shown.

• @Maruna

Thanks for all the help! I'll have something put together ASAP!
  • Well it ain't perfect but it works for now. Starchart updates when I enter a new zone. Not the prettiest thing I've ever made but now I'll be able to actually read FT or CRT or whatever while flying.
  • I use mushclient. Anyone able to get Gammon's stuff working? I have tried mudlet in the past but it only ended up irritating me with how different the LUA worked there.
    <WARG>Weapon Augmented Ravager Genotype
  • Something I put together! It's hilariously frankenstein code and me swinging a metaphorical sledgehammer at Mudlet. Don't mind the chatbox; I haven't yet fully modified it for Starmourn use.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • @Matlkael
    I like yours. I went a different path with mine, but only because I'm using GUIframe and it encourages the use of left AND right zones. If I could get the GUIframe tab-docking stuff working independant of GUIframe, I'd switch to a layout similar to that. Just with more stuff tabbed into it.

But pissing around with making my own window manager is way down on the todo list.

A lot of it doesn't do anything yet. EM damage as a gauge for example. The gauges will show a list of associated affs as well, if I had any. And some funky wordwrapping in the chat cap - I was resizing stuff which probably means I should look into autoconsoles instead of miniconsoles. 

The labels at the bottom are temporary. I'm using them (touch screen) but when I get used to the skills and aliases i'll delete a lot of them and condense it to a single row. 

Lots to work on, but it is happening slowly because, you know, playing the game instead of coding. I don't get a lot of time as it is. I have eventual plans to share a modular gui where people can type an alias, get a list of modules and click them to install/uninstall, drag everything around with mouse etc to customise. But that won't happen until I have a lot of really quiet days at work as I won't be spending my leisure time on it.

Oh, and Tanner is an alt. Scoundrel seems really fun and I haven't decided whether to give up on beast and main scoundrel or not, but for the next few days I'll play him and try to decide.

• Just to show what GUIframe is all about, I moved some stuff around (using the mouse) and took another screenshot. Also used the command to list installable modules just to demonstrate the concept.

• edited December 2018

https://ibb.co/bvM2nqx
    Here we are, in mobile so apologise for any issues. 
  • anyone able to help me come up with a GUI? I know nothing about any of this, heh.
  • @Verriak your GUI loos awesome.
  • @Indi How do you use that GUIframe thing you have?
  • I'm still working on mine, but here's the general lay out. There is currently a separate UI for on ship and on ground. I gag out the starship map for better screen visibility in the console and allowing to check STARCHART without it scrolling out. Eventually will include a Hacking UI too. Still things to add, this is what I've got so far:

Ship UI
    Ground UI:

• Pumkin said:
    @Indi How do you use that GUIframe thing you have?
    Check out https://forums.mudlet.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22636

• That's pretty epic Jerax.

• edited December 2018
    These are awesome you guys. I'll post my finished one at some point. :)
  • Getting there. Still a mess to my likes though!

• It makes me sad because I feel like I am the only person that appreciates some qt.
  • Jonathin said:
    It makes me sad because I feel like I am the only person that appreciates some qt.
    qt?
  • It looks like you actually have some. Some of the pictures weren't loading on my phone, so I didn't see. It's what makes my gauges and labels look like this:

• edited December 2018
    and just so I've actually contributed to the thread, here is my work in progress.

(some people from other games may recognize the theme. I'm not even sorry, I love it.)
  • Jonathin said:
    It looks like you actually have some. Some of the pictures weren't loading on my phone, so I didn't see. It's what makes my gauges and labels look like this:

Pshh, what's wrong with:

lab.IconCSS = CSSMan.new([[
    	background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0);
    	foreground-color: rgb(200,100,100);
    	border-style: solid;
    	border-color: DimGrey;
    	border-width: 2px;
    	border-radius: 2px;
    	margin: 5px;
    ]])

• Not shit. That is qt, I guess that the gui system you guys use is just setting it internally. I dunno, never played with it.
  • That's a cool one @tysandr, what's that written in?
  • Archer said:
    That's a cool one @tysandr, what's that written in?
    If it's the same one as his Achaea custom-built client, javascript.