Skip to content

BEAST - Hunting/PvE - Bleed Damage

From my perspective, I saw a lot of players class switching to BEAST to level-up quickly by taking advantage of the powerful bleed damage from backhand/filament net/tear.  Can this be looked at from a balancing perspective?

BEAST seem to have both the highest resistance due to heavy armor and the best PvE (and PvP) damage at the moment.  They should be doing the least amount of damage if they also have the highest resistance?

Examples that I saw, like Nhudri, is able to easily take out security robots in Prugita that both Arlixa and I struggle to kill as scoundrels due to the recent bullet damage nerfs.

Comments

• Prepare yourself for a horde of angry BEASTs.
  • Please do not nerf bleed. Engineer depends very heavily on it. If beast needs to be nerfed, then make the nerfs specific to their class.
  • Shinonome said:
    Please do not nerf bleed. Engineer depends very heavily on it. If beast needs to be nerfed, then make the nerfs specific to their class.
    It would likely be a class specific nerf to bleed if it even happens. They nerfed scoundrel bleed but reverted the change for Engis.
  • Don't forget contingency so we don't even have to crash to heal
  • Maybe you can nerf the amount of bleeding from wristblade that way engineers are spared from it? 
  • BEASTs are advertised as the kings of killing and with their damage reduction, healing and base damage from most of their kit that outperform anything in Scoundrel's including Ambush, they're just that.

But we have bugs! 

I'm yet to play around with PVP and affliction based combat but BEASTs seem crazy strong, especially for PVE. You just can't keep up with them as any other class, and I'm very tempted to make the change.
  • Thinking about switching myself -- as much as I love Nanoseer thematically, it's balls for bashing.
  • Scoundrels have a better heal than beasts fyi.
  • BeepBoop said:
    Scoundrels have a better heal than beasts fyi.
    I thought everyone's heal did base 20% health. 
  • Scoundrel's is on a 8s cooldown while beast has 10s.
  • BeepBoop said:
    Scoundrel's is on a 8s cooldown while beast has 10s.
    Ah, well we have the heavy armor buffer for that extra 2s. 
  • Jericho said:
    BeepBoop said:
    Scoundrel's is on a 8s cooldown while beast has 10s.
    Ah, well we have the heavy armor buffer for that extra 2s. 
    Yeah, was just commenting on the beasts having better healing than scoundrels thing.
  • Do BEASTs have more base health?
  • Dunno. At level 21 with 200 in Lifeforce I have 1810. 
  • Should be the same health across the board just diff resists. 
  • Contingency is insane, if it works as the AB states.

How it makes sense that the class with the highest damage output, best resistances, and currently most effective passive damage from bleeds ALSO gets the only automated low health escape (in a game that locks you into a room during combat) is beyond me.

I would honestly rather see something like that in a kit with lighter resistances and is more mobile.
  • I'm fine with removing contingency if anyone thinks it is a big deal. Most of my deaths were not because I got to less than 20% anyway.
  • I can't say I'd miss contingency much. The handful of deaths I have are mostly due to thinking I had it up and realizing I didn't when it was too late
  • I don't think contingency is that good honestly, after using it a bit. Its decent when you're hunting but flying seems like more of a downside in player combat since most attacks that target flyers are quite potent.

It also has a delay, just like if you activated jumpjets normally. Takes a few seconds after it fires to actually send you to the skies.
  • I'm not terribly concerned with player combat, honestly. I don't think I'd use it for that but hunting? Definitely.

It may have a delay but you don't have to be on balance, right? You can actually hit your heal or attack again while it launches?
  • You also have to realize that it only works outside. If contingency fires off indoors...you die. 
  • From the skill or from the fact that it doesn't let you escape?
  • Minion said:
    From the skill or from the fact that it doesn't let you escape?
    From the fact that it doesn't let you escape. If you're getting your door kicked in and contingency fires off indoors, it's not saving you. Nor is crash. Usually. Sorry I wasn't clear. 
  • Jericho said:
    Minion said:
    From the skill or from the fact that it doesn't let you escape?
    From the fact that it doesn't let you escape. If you're getting your door kicked in and contingency fires off indoors, it's not saving you. Nor is crash. Usually. Sorry I wasn't clear. 
    Fair, yah. It's still an escape for a large portion of the hunting areas though. If I were a beast, I'd have a trigger made so that when contingency fired, whether indoors or out, my netlauncher would be queued up immediately to entangle. Chances are that would give you enough breathing room to heal back up and finish the fight or crash out. Just the fact that BEAST has a mechanical trigger built in like that really helps automate things.
  • Mobs ignore the entanglement aspect of netlauncher. 
  • Haven't tested the netlauncher yet, but according to the update this morning, mobs should be impacted by entanglement now. I know for a fact prone now works.
  • Pretty sure they just released an update that says otherwise...

Date:     12/28/2018 at 18:28
    Author:   Garryn, the Reshaper
    Subject:  Changes and fixes: Nanoseer.

General
    -------

- Fixed some issues with the ranged target locating code - should fix some ranged commands that were
    not finding their target previously

- Mobs no longer attack while entangled or prone

- Mobs no longer attack invisible players; faction and cosmpiercer guards can see through all forms
    of invisibility, for now at least

• Netlaunch doesn't appear to have any effect and now mobs almost instantly cure prone.
  • They are meant to cure prone, just like a player would. If you break a leg and then prone though, they stay down and can't atack you
  • I've found that about half of the time contingency fires, even while outside, I still die if I fall that low. It has saved my life, but it isn't really an amazing get out of death free card like it reads. The long launch time usually lets whatever is whomping you, whomp you. In my experience, I roll around with 50 into lifeforce and regen.