Skip to content

Fury Quality of Life Additions

Yes, I'm here talking about it again.
A. Increase the rage attack window AT LEAST until balance is regained, preferably to coincide with the stance timer itself (as in when you are auto reset back to Symmetry)
B. Make the 'available attacks' message appear when you use the COMBO command, not just when you use a battleflow attack by itself. I'm pretty sure this is under the 'class hints' config option so it can be turned off if desired.

Add your own if you want!

Comments

• edited December 2018
    • Make resistant / berserk usable regardless of stance. I'd say unstoppable as well but that's possibly a bit too strong of a change.
    • Increase unstoppable duration by ~1-2 seconds so you don't fall out of unstoppable mid combo.
    • Make sandblast not remove quicksand effect. Bad enough you already have to be in a specific stance, on top of the initial attack being channeled. It doesn't hit that hard for something that already has these pre-requisites.\
    • Maybe too strong of a change, but change legspike/gutrend around. (legspike starts in symmetry and ends in ember, gutrend the opposite) Would possibly make the hypertension combo -too- good, though.
  • Maruna said:
    • Make resistant / berserk usable regardless of stance. I'd say unstoppable as well but that's possibly a bit too strong of a change.
    • Increase unstoppable duration by ~1-2 seconds so you don't fall out of unstoppable mid combo.
    • Make sandblast not remove quicksand effect. Bad enough you already have to be in a specific stance, on top of the initial attack being channeled. It doesn't hit that hard for something that already has these pre-requisites.\
    • Maybe too strong of a change, but change legspike/gutrend around. (legspike starts in symmetry and ends in ember, gutrend the opposite) Would possibly make the hypertension combo -too- good, though.
    I do think harden switching to the damage resistant instead of resistant would be easier or increase the duration of resistant past like 30 seconds 
    • I've mentioned it elsewhere, but I'm fine with Berserk and Resistant where they are. If I'm not already rolling through Ember/Flare, it's easy enough to get there. I'm just bothered by how you have to let them expire before you can renew them. Being able to renew them while the buff is already active would be nice.
    • Falling out of Unstoppable mid combo is irritating, yeah, especially with the short rage window. If you queue an Unstoppable rage attack, but it wears off, you have zero chance of using another attack in the window. Since the only benefit of being in Unstoppable is to get access to specific attacks, maybe it could wear off after a set number of Rage attack windows?
    • Please make Kithblade shapes last a bit longer? Thirty minutes would be good. "Until I change my mind and pick a new one" would be better.  ;)
    Stance Helper: An interactive way to learn the ins and outs of Fury stances
    http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-starmourn.html
  • Izrith said:
    A. Increase the rage attack window AT LEAST until balance is regained, preferably to coincide with the stance timer itself (as in when you are auto reset back to Symmetry)
    This might be a controversial opinion, but I am strongly against this. The 'rage window' seems to exist to prevent combos, and we've seen this happen inadvertently in other IRE games.

If you extend the rage window until the next attack, I will immediately set a timer to perform my rage attack 0.25s before I regain balance in every situation. This would allow me to do uncounterable things like prone before hew, and stack system damage with less opportunities to WW mend it off.
  • Can we have rage last till we are 'no longer in the throes of battle'?  That'd be neat.
    Download Montem System for Nexus Client - https://pastebin.com/MBEn7S0u
  • Zaeg said:
    Izrith said:
    This might be a controversial opinion, but I am strongly against this. The 'rage window' seems to exist to prevent combos, and we've seen this happen inadvertently in other IRE games.

If you extend the rage window until the next attack, I will immediately set a timer to perform my rage attack 0.25s before I regain balance in every situation. This would allow me to do uncounterable things like prone before hew, and stack system damage with less opportunities to WW mend it off.
    Given that we do a measly 2% subsystem damage per hit, and the fact that our damage potential is FAR below scoundrel and beast, even when factoring in conditionals like proning right before hew, I don't see this being a problem.
  • TyeTye
    edited December 2018
    Maruna said:
    Montem said:
    Can we have rage last till we are 'no longer in the throes of battle'?  That'd be neat.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Idea # 3093                                                        Archived[ ]
    Reported 2018/12/23 23:29:43 by Maruna
    Log:
    Description:
        Fury rage being a decay, rather than a flat loss. Maybe 5% per second (once the 'loss' would happen) instead of all disappearing at once.
    Can but hope.

This idea will also help the pvp scene since "run for 10s" is a viable defense against fury with current rage loss. I support it.

Edit: a typo
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • I would also like a way to be able to tell who is in my general area, to make firewalk more useful. Other than that, yes, I would like rage to drain more slowly, too. I have a difficult time getting to unstoppable.
  • edited December 2018
    Allow upturn or something to allow ‘force’ cover on specific mobs. Like upturn mob1234 mob12345 to allow usuage of inferno/heatwave/sunder?(can’t remember if it hits covered targets) on mob123 without either immediately getting destroyed or having to hit/run