Skip to content

Starmourn Name Database

2»

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Nope. If you send("") you won't get a response, but if you send(" ") it works just fine.

Edit: Or you can expandAlias(""), which works for some reason, while send("") does not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • edited December 2018
    Avymos said:
    Nope. If you send("") you won't get a response, but if you send(" ") it works just fine.

Edit: Or you can expandAlias(""), which works for some reason, while send("") does not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I've tried all three and none of those work for me. I'm pretty sure my NDB stuff /has/ that send still in it from when I ported it over from Aetolia And it doesn't work.
  • Hmm. Might be something different across mudlet versions. I've used a space character in several of my scripts. Not sure.
  • So I keep running into this issue where QWP works fine, but QW isn't hightlighting everyone (the top one is QWP, bottom one is QW): https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/ou0WfO-8
  • Maruna said:
    Aebrua said:
    Have to use recreate every time I start a fresh Mudlet session, otherwise 85% of the names are just not highlighting anymore. Aside from that it's working decently enough.
    You can disable/enable highlighting. That should fix names not being highlighted, if they're in the database. For some reason I can't figure out, there'll be times where it randomly doesn't make highlights for new people, until you re-enable highlighting.
    Make sure to actually close mudlet properly, since it saves on disconnect. Don't be like one of those people who QQ and then close mudlet before the QQ even goes through.
    I answered that already.
  • edited December 2018
    Hey @Maruna

Just wanted to let you know that there's a bug in the 'sm classes' alias.. Because of the class changes, there is now the possibility of an "Unclassed" character, the fix is to add the Unclassed "class" to the Class List and classes Definition.

EDIT: Also, it looks as if it solves the issue that @ekary was having as I was having the same issue.
  • Tye said:
    I'm fairly certain at this point it's not an internet issue, or response time of the website server.
    It seems like there're times where the api server just outright refuses to respond, without giving an ack of any sort. Noticed it a few times now, just testing... In any case I've changed the original link, try redownloading and what not and see if things get fixed at all.
    Delete the 'smNDB' folder in your profile's directory before installing. I did a fresh install myself, and didn't encounter any slowness or anything.
  • Avymos said:
    Maruna said:
    Vadi said:
    It's a Rapture bug that when MCCP (text compression) is enabled, gmcp input from the client isn't acted upon. The blank line is a wkrkaeowor for that.
    Yeah I know. Starmourn doesn't allow sending blank lines like achaea does though. :(
    Send a single space character.
    That does work, either.
    To be specific, using send(" ") doesn't work. It's still classed as a blank line by the game.
  • Avymos said:
    Maruna said:
    Vadi said:
    It's a Rapture bug that when MCCP (text compression) is enabled, gmcp input from the client isn't acted upon. The blank line is a wkrkaeowor for that.
    Yeah I know. Starmourn doesn't allow sending blank lines like achaea does though. :(
    Send a single space character.
    That's what I meant by a blank line. It doesn't work.
  • edited December 2018
    Small Fix for the Honours Person Alias

local commands = { LIST=true, CATEGORIES=true, STATS=true, SHOW=true, 
    	FEATURE=true, UNFEATURE=true, NEWBIE=true, COMBAT=true, SPACE=true, 
    	EXPLORATION=true, YOUR=true, MAIN=true, WEALTH=true, RESOURCE=true, 
    	DESIGNING=true, CRAFTING=true, HACKING=true, QUESTING=true, ORGS=true,
    	ITEMS=true, ME=true, }
    honoursPerson = matches[2]:title()

if not commands[string.upper(honoursPerson)] then
    smNDB_Acquire(matches[2]:title(),false)
    enableTrigger("Check Player City")
    checkingPlayerCity = tempTimer(3, [[disableTrigger("Check Player City"); checkingPlayerCity = nil;]])
    else
    send (matches[1])
    end

Basically what this does is allows the trigger to fire for names and protects against making an API request for any command protected words.
  • I've noticed if i manually honours someone, whenever I QWP or recreate i get spammed about 10 times with the honours of that person for the rest of the session;

Deleting the honoursPerson variable (in the mudlet script editor) stops this spam; perhaps this needs to be a local variable, or cleaned up somehow by the script?
  • edited January 2019
    Is there an easy way to add in the tracking of lawless status aswell? Maybe underline the players who are lawless or italicize them.
  • So I've been experiencing this error:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/_Y_U2Ly7

I've checked the alias and such, the table color_table even includes purple in it. I've also tried setting it to another color entirely (thinking that since Scatterhome is set to purple, Song can't be), but I still get that error.
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • Matlkael said:
    So I've been experiencing this error:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/_Y_U2Ly7

I've checked the alias and such, the table color_table even includes purple in it. I've also tried setting it to another color entirely (thinking that since Scatterhome is set to purple, Song can't be), but I still get that error.
    I had this same problem and figured it out. For anyone who has the same issue: It turns out that I had replaced Mudlet's built-in table.contains function. Double check your scripts to ensure that you're not overrriding the built-in function.

Mudlet's built-in function searches through table keys and values, my replacement function only searched through values, which led to this error.