Skip to content

Queue System

Just curious if there are any plans on expanding the Queue system? It's very minimal as it is, with just a few ways to use it, and I found out tonight that it only accepts a single queue'd item, which means stacked aliases won't queue properly whatsoever. A simple alias of stand/wield weapon/attack will fail completely if you use the queue, but obviously if I am spamming my alias then it works just fine. This alone makes the queue system nearly useless, imo, since spamming is still the only real way to use it effectively.

For reference: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/y9ALxp3A -- so while I could easily handle being proned off balance (and losing my blade because of weak arms) using aliases manually, using the queue was a definitive negative on my side.

If I've missed something, please let me know!

Comments

• I agree. I would make a command overwrite the queue normally, however a command sent with the prefix ADQUEUE would do such.
  • Something like Lusternia's stratagem system might be overkill, but would be useful all the same... 
  • Can we please be allowed to queue movement while offbal. We can queue crash nw but we can't just queue 'nw' :(
  • I second the queuing of basic movement.
  • MKO's queuing system was great, could queue up to 5 things, and had the ability to stop the queue/remove actions from the queue on the fly. Normal movement could be queued to.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.

----
    Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, gloriously alive, today.
    ----
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

• I don't care for queueing 5 things, and for BEAST I'm happy with queueing as it is.

For scoundrel I would like to be able to queue ammo switch and the next shot at the same time. Even with the increased 1sec balance on ammo switch it is fast enough I'd rather deal with it as a single move.
  • edited December 2018
    I just want to queue alias that does stand/thing and not have it fail 
  • I am personally happy with the way things are.
  • edited December 2018
    Atalkez said:
    I just want to queue alias that does stand/thing and not have it fail 
    Second this. Idc about queueing multiple different things, just being able to have and alias that properly does 'stand/wield thing/attack thing' without bugging out, is fine.
  • edited December 2018
    I had placed this as an idea awhile back, and great to see others are in the same thinking as I am on this that it needs expanding. I don't, however, feel that it will be overkill if it's like Lusternia's style of queueing. Its versatile in the way that if you need the "oshit STOP" need on the dime, you can queue halt/stop your queuing sequence(s) which is what I liked and intricate enough to separate queueing commands that take balance vs commands that don't take balance. So, I'm still all for expanding the queueing system <3