Skip to content

Nanoseer

I get this is almost two weeks in but nanoseer outside of nanotech seems to have the most useless skills. First, in order to rival other classes damage output in pve you need to stack freeze and also in a pvp situation you will be getting balanced disrupted a lot. Second, all the prop grab stuff and extend items I have no idea why they are in a class base skill tree those are more generalish and don't understand the point of it being with space mages. Third, all of their major attacks are either damaging them, or going to kill your own team. For Oblivion, i honestly only use speedup and i don't see much of an effective tool. Maybe other nanoseers so it differently I dunno, but i'm talking with a couple in crew chat and it prompted me to post this 

Comments

• edited December 2018
    I can't actually stack freeze to above 3 on someone even with reduced balance, with them standing still.

Speedup also helps the other players.

Sanity is super incredibly painful and not worth what it gives you.
  • Wuff said:
    I can't actually stack freeze to above 3 on someone even with reduced balance, with them standing still.

Speedup also helps the other players.

Sanity is super incredibly painful and not worth what it gives you.
    so i'm glad it's not just me, most of our utility skills either help everyone or screws you 
  • Isn't that the point of the class? To go insane for the benefit of everyone else on your team?
  • late-game when peeps get good weapons, extend is going to be VERY valuable. Prop grab is also extremely powerful. Someone takes cover? Steal it, they moved? drop it on them and steal their new cover. This alone could make a massive difference in pvp, especially with the most recent change to how often you miss when your target is behind cover. They're in our skillsets because they make sense there. We use the void, Kith, and Nanites for everything. We're not a space-mage, we're insane Empyreal channelers that have a small army of nanites at our beck and call.

We have the most balance-disruption out of all the classes, and we'll shine once confound is fixed, but right now we're applying the same mind-affs over and over which leaves the class feeling pretty useless or slow for pvp.

For PVE, after testing, we do have the lowest dps out of all the classes, and could definitely use a buff there to either our speed or our damage output.

Speedup and slowdown are for changing the tide of the battle. If your team is winning, SPEEDUP and give it a bit of a boost. If you guys are losing, SLOWDOWN, give your wetwiring more time to heal you. It's not massive but it definitely makes a difference. The skills that damage/hinder/hurt/whatever everyone in the room are also very powerful for the most part. Think about how to synergize the stuff you have for a burst and you might see how strong this stuff can be against a group of enemies.

Freeze is weak, there's no getting around that, but if you're trying to shatter solo you're just proving how little you actually know about the class and it's kill routes. Shatter isn't a viable kill unless you have multiple seers working on a single target, and even then it's pretty crappy.

Oblivion is powerful. I said this in the other thread about our skills as well. Get swap, learn what your skills do, and you can make a difference with these. Sure some of the costs are pretty heavy, but at the same time speed/slow, breakdown, mindmelt, negation, cure, and frenzy are powerful, and these are just the ones i remember off the top of my head.

• Other classes actually have better balance disruption than us >.>

BEAST
    Scoundrel

Speedup/Slowdown is just a fast-forward button. What happens on screen doesn't change, but it will happen at a faster/slower rate.

One use for Slowdown would be Mindswap or other DoT stuff on someone, which would be interesting. However, it would also mean that the local Fury could pop off an inferno or two without being challenged.

Freeze is literally not viable. If you have multiple of any class you're obviously going to get the killpath easier. If you have multiple Nanoseers then you'd pursue Mindmelt, not Shatter. Shatter is not worth touching at all, ever.

Oblivion is really NOT powerful. I don't get this. It doesn't tilt the balance of a battle, it hurts everyone, but it mostly hurts the Nanoseer. Oblivion is more like turning everything into a dice roll or kicking the chess board off of the table. 

Oblivion WOULD be powerful if we didn't have to channel Empyreals. The fact that we do makes it hideously mediocre, on top of Sanity crippling us at a certain point. 

I'll make a post in this thread and the other thread explaining why Oblivion isn't that good relatively soon.
  • Wuff said:
    Other classes actually have better balance disruption than us >.>

BEAST
    Scoundrel

Speedup/Slowdown is just a fast-forward button. What happens on screen doesn't change, but it will happen at a faster/slower rate.

Wrong. Our balances are faster and slower, wetwiring is the same speed.

One use for Slowdown would be Mindswap or other DoT stuff on someone, which would be interesting. However, it would also mean that the local Fury could pop off an inferno or two without being challenged.

Freeze is literally not viable. If you have multiple of any class you're obviously going to get the killpath easier. If you have multiple Nanoseers then you'd pursue Mindmelt, not Shatter. Shatter is not worth touching at all, ever.

I said it might make it viable, I didn't say that it would be the best option. I also left out a lot of other info regarding offense/defense since I'll likely be using my secrets against you at some point :P

Oblivion is really NOT powerful. I don't get this. It doesn't tilt the balance of a battle, it hurts everyone, but it mostly hurts the Nanoseer. Oblivion is more like turning everything into a dice roll or kicking the chess board off of the table. 

Oblivion WOULD be powerful if we didn't have to channel Empyreals. The fact that we do makes it hideously mediocre, on top of Sanity crippling us at a certain point. 

How is it not powerful? We can completely negate attacks, increase our damage by 25% for 5 hits, travel across the universe, or just a couple rooms away if we get in trouble, and much more. Channeling helps balance the power of these things.

I'll make a post in this thread and the other thread explaining why Oblivion isn't that good relatively soon.

• Yes but NOTHING changes. Everyone just has more healing time. It just slows the rate of afflictions that are going down. I also don't think you can cancel it at will.

You completely negate attacks by spending balance. You don't change the state of the battle, you just delay. Even if you're using Multistrike and Negation, you're going to have to let hits through, and they're going to hit a lot harder than you do. Vs a Fury, you'll be getting chunked by their off-balance attacks every so often.

Increasing your damage by 25% for 5 hits allows us to keep up with other classes, if we also throw down DoT.

Travelling across the universe? Engineers are better for that. Also, everyone can get mark for 550 lessons. 2 hours IS an upgrade, yes, but it's also 1 of our precious four Empyreal skill slots. I'm not sure if it can be interrupted? I imagine yes.

I'll start working on my Oblivion thing now.
  • edited December 2018
    Channel Channel the Empyreal power.     Gating sets of 4 abilities that don't really work with each other, ouch.
    Swap Instantly swap to another Empyreal.      Sacrificing 20% sanity to swap, WITH A COOLDOWN ouch.
    Disrupt Disrupt the channeling of another.      This is just sadistic, also, 10% sanity.
    Awareness Speed up your channeling.      I've literally not noticed the improvement from this, I can't really comment on it.
    Affinity Hurl yourself deeper into Oblivion.      What is this actually useful for? Quake? Destruct? Cure? Negation? Using this is enough to bring you below 20% without using any other abilities.

The Conqueror The most combat-focused. Damage boost, instakill, aff spreading, cooldown reduction.  Probably the best.

Conqueror Channel the power of the Conqueror.      Killing people restores sanity. This doesn't work on mobs, can't comment on effectiveness against players. Fair enough. 30% recovery.
    Frenzy Drive yourself into a reckless frenzy.      Allows us to start matching the damage of other classes by using a balance and resources.
    Mindmelt Melt a weakened mind.      Pretty good instakill, I imagine it'll be nerfed into the ground when it sees some usage.
    Maladies Spread the love. And maladies.      This is literally... Ouch. Needs a bunch of afflictions to be on you to be useful, which you'll want to be curing, also affects allies. 
    Jolt Reduce your cooldowns.      Does this justify the fact the fun stuff is gated behind cooldowns? Useful for repair, once every 50 seconds.

The Traveller   Utility/Fun Empyreal. Marking is an upgraded version of Exploration Mark (limited), Speedup/Slowdown control tempo, Timeline is pretty nice.

Traveller Channel the power of the Traveller.      Improved crashing speed is decent but 30% sanity regain. O u c h.
    Mark Mark a room, then travel to it later.       Upgraded Exploration Mark, seems pretty limited in where this can be placed, annoyingly.
    Speedup Speed kills.      It's a nice hunting aid? Otherwise just speeds up the flow of battles.
    Slowdown Slowness kills, too.      Opposite to Speedup. Could easily be combined into one skill to make space for something else imo.
    Timeline Manipulate the time itself.      Okay, now, this is awesome. This seems so, so, so awesome. But. 50% sanity. Can't cast on self? Give us heartstart instead...

The Architect  Utility/Troll Empyreal. Invisibility overrated. Efficiency mitigates some of the worst parts of the skillset, not enough. Extend isn't really marketable? Distribution... No.

Architect Channel the power of the Architect.      Reduction in Nanite costs. Literally why? ??? When you get Miniaturisation this seems worthless.   60% sanity regen.      
    Invisibility Now you see me, now you do not.      Invisibility in IRE games is a bit of a joke. Block just being LOOKed at and give us a syntax to silently follow someone, please.
    Efficiency Become more efficient.      Pretty decent in all fairness. Not so useful for Nanites in my experience, useful for mitigating Timeline cost.
    Extend Extend the duration of your items.      Ouch, 500 marks. I don't really want to test this out too much. It looks like it'll be decent for the late game. Maybe unmarketable on purpose.
    Distribution We have enough pain for everyone.      Doesn't protect the Nanoseer but still hurts them... Please make it not hurt the Nanoseer, or give the Nanoseer the protection. 

The Progenitor  Defence/Denial Empyreal. Cure is nice if someone just hit you with a big affliction. Grounding is... Situational. Negation just delays. Interdict is a farce.

Progenitor Channel the power of the Progenitor.      What's the 20% nanite regen about? The 80% Sanity regen is pretty nice for this.
    Cure Cure a random effect.      Pretty nice. Anti-synergy with Maladies. Negation is a better choice, but more expensive.
    Grounding Become immune to EM attacks.      Uh... Very situational. 2 minute cooldown. 
    Negation No.      Block one attack. 10% sanity but you can get a few of these off. Decent delay tactic but furies and/or other moves that hit multiple times will fuck this.
    Interdict Declare the Interdict of the Progenitor.      This will just be disrupted instantly and then goes on cooldown for 180 seconds. Uh...

The Sunderer Control/AoE Empyreal. Destruct is limited. Ripples is... bad. Quake is nice. Why does it work on other rooms...? Breakdown is our third instakill, seems... Possible.

Sunderer Channel the power of the Sunderer.     5% nanite damage... 0% sanity restored. This can trap you in Insanity. 
    Destruct Destroy an item.      Kinda edgy. Would be nice if we could use this on putty or Engineer's workstations and other such similar things. 
    Ripples Spread ripples through your foes.       This hits your allies. Ow? Bad. Nanoseer damage is pretty sub-par anyway. Single-target restriction was a GOOD IDEA.
    Quake A mighty quake.      AoE interrupt, BEAST can do this without using Sanity, but this interrupts outside of the room. For what purpose...?
    Breakdown Break down the Wetwiring of another.      Instakill #3 or if you don't count shatter, #2. Wetwiring is very slow to impact. Why not just use Mindmelt instead?