Skip to content

Scoundrel balancing question

Now that changes make it impossible for scoundrels to cheese guards anymore - are cosmpiercers getting reset again, or is it okay because Song has all of them?

Comments

• edited December 2018
    ...?

What exploits were YOU using to grab Cosmpiercers...?

Edit: I asked about this, the one scoundrel thing was one no-one from CA using IEDs to grab up Cosmpiercers. Can we remove Celestine Cosmpiercers back to their rightful owners please?

• Wuff said:
    ...?

What exploits were YOU using to grab Cosmpiercers...?

Edit: I asked about this, the one scoundrel thing was one no-one from CA using IEDs to grab up Cosmpiercers. Can we remove Celestine Cosmpiercers back to their rightful owners please?
    All the ones I was involved in for Scatterhome, just before the bomb fix, involved us all piling onto the guards. I don't know if Cubey's referring to actual underhanded tactics used by one of the other factions or not.
  • If you're a scoundrel check AB PUSHER. I know both Celestine and Song (probably Scatterhome too) used this to push guards around to make sure there's only one per room, which you can kill easily with a zerg of people and minimal casualties. Worked even with the damage nerf vs high level targets.
    I don't think it was an exploit, it was playing smart. Nobody involved knew this isn't how the skill was intended to work. Now that this got nerfed though, you can't take a cosmpiercer with a low level zerg anymore. The piercers that got taken over by Song (which once again is most of them) will stay with Song for a LOOONG time now. Last time a change to make piercers harder was implemented, piercer ownership was reset to level the playing field. I'm asking if this is going to happen now, or is 75% of the game's piercers all in hands of one faction fine if it's Song.
  • Yeah, it'd be nice if they got reset since thats what happened the first time for basically the same reason
  • I thought moving Cosmpiercer mobs around stopped being a thing a long time ago. Cosmpiercers were reset since then. 

Song's new Cosmpiercers didn't use that, I was present for the first batch. 

You can't take Cosmpiercers with low level zergs anyway. You deal literally 0 damage. 

Song will always dominate Piercers. Especially with their new armada fuckery.
  • Wuff said:
    I thought moving Cosmpiercer mobs around stopped being a thing a long time ago. Cosmpiercers were reset since then.
    You thought wrong.
    Just putting it out there, I won't complain if Song conquers new piercers now, after the scoundrel nerf, and manages to hold them. If they manage do it. I just don't think it's fair they get to keep theirs they took over when it was still relative EZmode.
  • edited December 2018
    I wouldn't mind the changes to not crafting bombs in combat if you didn't get locked in combat for 30s after killing something. Now what am I gonna do with all that downtime between heal cooldowns? :(

Not so fond on the ammoswitch balance change. The damage reduction on affliction rounds makes sense though! 

EDIT: Gonna start carrying a buffer of 2k bombs around in preparation of going hunting
  • It is rumoured that the scoundrel who took 10 cosmpiercers has no name.
  • Cubey said:
    If you're a scoundrel check AB PUSHER. I know both Celestine and Song (probably Scatterhome too) used this to push guards around to make sure there's only one per room, which you can kill easily with a zerg of people and minimal casualties. Worked even with the damage nerf vs high level targets.
    I don't think it was an exploit, it was playing smart. Nobody involved knew this isn't how the skill was intended to work. Now that this got nerfed though, you can't take a cosmpiercer with a low level zerg anymore. The piercers that got taken over by Song (which once again is most of them) will stay with Song for a LOOONG time now. Last time a change to make piercers harder was implemented, piercer ownership was reset to level the playing field. I'm asking if this is going to happen now, or is 75% of the game's piercers all in hands of one faction fine if it's Song.
    As one of scoundrels that often led piecers raid I can say we did not do anything like this. Also just level up and try it. The reason why Song takes them easily is because they have people who actually isn't still in their 20s. Claiming that they will only belong to Song due to you Celestine not being able to cheese a bug is kinda silly.
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Do you like things up your ass? Is your record clean? Are you looking for a job in the near future but not right now? Smuggle drugs for Solus and get stuffed across the galaxy."

• As the base level of the average player base increases the control over cosmpiercers will change. Most of the hardcore leveler are in Song which is why they own the most. This will change with time.
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Do you like things up your ass? Is your record clean? Are you looking for a job in the near future but not right now? Smuggle drugs for Solus and get stuffed across the galaxy."