Skip to content

Credit Market = Bound Credits?

<div>The 5 credits you just purchased on the credit market are bound.</div><div>You have gained 12 bonus lessons as a result of the bound credits you just received.</div><div>You will receive an additional .5 lesson the next time you convert or receive an odd number of bound&nbsp;</div><div>credits.<br><br>From HELP CREDITS:<br><br><div><div>How do I get credits?</div><div>---------------------</div><div>Credits can be acquired in several ways, such as:</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp;- direct purchase from the website (http://www.starmourn.com/credits)</div><div><b>&nbsp; &nbsp;- from other players on the credit market (see HELP CREDIT MARKET)</b></div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp;- from other players via transfers</div><div><br></div><div>Bound Credits can be acquired in many ways, such as:</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp;- achieving certain levels of experience</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp;- trading in artifacts</div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp;- prizes<br><br></div></div></div>

Why did this happen? I specifically wanted unbound credits. This feels like a massive gyp. If I can't have these credits unbound, I'd much rather have my marks refunded than hold onto the bound credits.

Comments

• BUG it. Bound credits on the market makes zero sense.
  • Fair enough.

In that case, I strongly suggest updating HELP CREDITS to reflect that. Perhaps even append a line to the output of CREDITS FOR SALE that specifies all purchases will be bound.
  • Although I agree with @Pollivar and @Matlkael that this can only be a good thing long-term, it does suck that you had no warning, @Zil ... so thanks for at least warning me!

I also wonder if it wouldn't be possible to make it so acquiring bound credits from the credit market still gave you bonus lessons, same as converting credits from the website. Kinda sucks that you can only get those bonus lessons for money, otherwise.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• @Kestrel, it did! If you look at the first line, you can see I still got 12 bonus lessons. So at least that's something.
  • This is going to limit credit market for player to player transfers.  I guess it can be addressed when things are implemented later that are desirable to buy from each other for credits ie talisman type things.
  • edited December 2018
    In 1 week alone its gone from 350 a credit to 7-800 a credit and will rise. Until it hits a steady spot where it holds its value then allowing normal credits is basically chucking free marks at whoever arrived first.

I like this system, it lets us get skills up anyway and the chances are you'll be able to buy artefacts with them... so really all this does it get rid of the whole "I'll buy up the market then put it all back on a double price" thing that happens in the other IRE games.
  • There is no real need to use credits as the currency of choice of trading. It makes more sense to use marks, and this credit market will make this a possibility.

If you want to buy/trade/sell keep your marks, if you want to buy lessons or arties when they come out, convert on the market. If you want to turn $$$ into marks, buy some unbound from the sight and sell them on the market. This way we don't end up in the same state of Achaea where gold generation is almost purely used to buy credits on the market, so you can trade credits with other players.
  • Lootbox type stuff and I’m out
  • Albion said:
    Izrith said:
    I'm glad the things are bound. While we're at it, lets do a hat trick and not have any pay 2 win artefifacts.
    No artifacts that straight up boost your tankiness or damage, is what I hope. I can live with artifacts that give you utility stuff. 
    I can't because it's a slippery slope, and I haven't seen a single developer in over 25 years navigate that slope without falling into the pay 2 win pit.
  • The other IRE games I've played have pay 2 win stuff, I'd expect it here to.
    Download Montem System for Nexus Client - https://pastebin.com/MBEn7S0u
  • I um, honestly can't wait to see what artefacts are available.
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • Syaja said:
    I um, honestly can't wait to see what artefacts are available.
    Is there any official word on this? Are there going to be artis? Any speculation on what sort of stuff there will be?
  • Oh there will be arties. HELP CREDITS references a non-existent HELP ARTIFACTS file.
  • Tecton has said previously that SM would have a different model than the others. Patiently waiting
  • I know he said that to start, at least, the focus would be utility over combat advantage.
  • Anything that prolongs weapon durability would be amazing and i would buy in an instant or something that increase nano recharge rate. 
  • Syaja said:
    Oh there will be arties. HELP CREDITS references a non-existent HELP ARTIFACTS file.
    I just assumed that the majority of the CREDITS helpfiles were ported over to Starmourn without any vetting. Haven't read anything official on artifacts, but then again I haven't been looking that hard! 

Thanks!
  • edited December 2018
    Sagex said:
    Anything that prolongs weapon durability would be amazing and i would buy in an instant or something that increase nano recharge rate. 
    Starmourn Membership Card - 500 credits.
     - Having this card grants you exclusive membership to the repair club of the Starmourn sector.
     - Removes the cost to repair equipment at all repair stations in the galaxy.

Ishvana Tentacle Helmet - 500 credits.
     - No nanoseer should be seen without this, goofy-looking as it may be!
     - Doubles nanite maximum, and removes the nanite cost for using miniaturisation.
  • Maruna said:
    Sagex said:
    Anything that prolongs weapon durability would be amazing and i would buy in an instant or something that increase nano recharge rate. 
     - Having this card grants you exclusive membership to the repair club of the Starmourn sector.

- Doubles nanite maximum, and removes the nanite cost for using miniaturisation.
     why a tentacle helmet? lol
  • Sagex said:
    Maruna said:
    Sagex said:

why a tentacle helmet? lol
    Becaue void. Cthulu tentacle helmet.
  • Because why not?  I've heard rumors of an ancient earthican helmet that had ducts running from a source of alcohol mounted in tanks on the sides directly to their mouths.  It seems detrimental in combat to be always drunk but there have been worse inventions.  Besides ancient earthicans likely burned it as fuel - there were no fusion reactors.
  • See my sig.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.