Skip to content

[Mudlet] Starsys

Read this before going any further.

I reserve the right, at any time I want, to pull the system. If you have any issue with me doing this, then I suggest a) you don't piss me off and b) you probably don't download the system. I am doing this as a service to try and help people get started with the game, not for your own personal benefit, if you want to abuse that then you'll promptly see yourself back at square one or waiting for someone else who wants to put up with you.

If you have any questions regarding the system post them in this thread. If you message me in-game with questions you won't get a response.. My character is not there to help you, and I would ask you leave anything OOC-related out of my vicinity. If you can't respect that, then see the above paragraph. Similarly, if you PM me with questions I won't respond to those either. PMs will be reserved for people wishing to help add to the system, all others will be summarily deleted.

Now then...

Against my better judgement I've decided to put up my system for general usage.
Until such a time that the forums allows Google Drive links without flagging me as suspicious, setup instructions are here: https://pastebin.com/39jxngca

Bashing

• The system will assume you have your skills, so I suggest not using it if you don't. For Nanoseer this means multistrike/swarm. For Fury this means up to rupture in battleflow (for swiftcut/wound/rupture) and up to rend in rage (for strike/unstoppable/flyinglash/rend)
  • Presently it only supports Nanoseer and Fury bashing. If you're a beast, engineer or scoundrel that wants to use it then you'll have to help me add it.
  • To toggle bashing hit . on your numpad, or use the 'bashy' alias.
  • The system will automatically pick up targets as you kill them. Alternatively you can do 'bash add' while in a room with mobs to add them. 'bash area' will allow you to alter the priority that mobs are killed in.
  • To let people follow you, or to follow people bashing, you will have to put everyone in the ignore list with 'bsi <name>' or 'bsi all' to ignore everyone currently in your room at the time of using the alias. This persists through logout, so make sure to remove them when you're done if necessary. If there's someone in the room when you enter who isn't being ignored, the basher won't attack.

General

Deffing and what not will be added after christmas sometime, and I'll edit this post with details. If you're not a Fury then list your defences here or in a PM. Don't message me in-game with system stuff, I'm not going to respond or acknowledge it. Read the pastebin thoroughly, if you don't then don't expect me to help you if something goes wrong. It lists precisely how to do things.
Updates are automatic. You'll be notified if there is one, I won't be posting them here.

Comments

• edited December 2018
    Eta: because I'm silly, nanoseer requires manually killing something first because I goofed with multistrike and forgot to fix it... Will be fixed whenever a next update is uploaded.
    Just to reiterate. At present this only really supports Nanoseer and Fury. Because those are the only classes I've played, and I don't have any inclination to swap. So PM me if you wanna see about having them added, and I'll work on it. It's Christmas for me now, though, so don't expect much at least until tonight or tomorrow.
  • I will have to give this a look in the new year, I would be keen to help with the engineer stuff I am also Aurora the one pratting about with a curing system. Current status it's working I just need to organise the priority setting
  • Just in case it helps: dropbox links work, and you don't need to install dropbox on your computer to use it.
  • Indi said:
    Just in case it helps: dropbox links work, and you don't need to install dropbox on your computer to use it.
    No thanks on using Dropbox.
  • Will this work with a Mac?

• If Mudlet works on a mac, probably. I dunno how downloading files within Mudlet works on a mac, so I have no idea.
    Will upload a new version later, after testing some things. Also realised there's a misordering of the scripts which makes the gui bug out and not load (which also bugs out the rest of the system) >.>
    Oops.
  • I mean I know how to download things and all that, and zip files work too thanks to mudlet being able to load them. My only real concern was for the GUI artwork, because I know that mudlet has a filepath symbol that works on windows but not mac, and one that works on both.
  • Pumkin said:
    I mean I know how to download things and all that, and zip files work too thanks to mudlet being able to load them. My only real concern was for the GUI artwork, because I know that mudlet has a filepath symbol that works on windows but not mac, and one that works on both.
    The system downloads files when it checks for updates, is what I was talking about.
  • Maruna said:
    Pumkin said:
    I mean I know how to download things and all that, and zip files work too thanks to mudlet being able to load them. My only real concern was for the GUI artwork, because I know that mudlet has a filepath symbol that works on windows but not mac, and one that works on both.
    The system downloads files when it checks for updates, is what I was talking about.
    Ah, I understand. Should work fine, did in Achaea :)
  • I'm wondering if the starysys is missing something in the zip because I downloaded as careful as possible with the instructions, but, I'm getting this error when trying to add a mob to the table:(starSys): System settings not found; won't save anything.
  • edited December 2018
    Illidaen said:
    I'm wondering if the starysys is missing something in the zip because I downloaded as careful as possible with the instructions, but, I'm getting this error when trying to add a mob to the table:(starSys): System settings not found; won't save anything.
    There's a few errors I didn't notice until I installed it on a blank profile to test... The dangers of uploading something that you piece together over time, instead of doing entire sections at once... Not at home right now otherwise I'd upload the fixed version. Should be a few hours... I'll flag an update when it's up and the system should prompt you to download the new one, whenever you relog (I'll have an alias to manually check for updates as well... I thought I included it, but apparently I didn't.) That's what I get for uploading things when I'm dead tired.
  • No rush, rest well though 
  • edited December 2018
    I updated to 1.1, will likely have to reinstall from scratch (following the setup instructions above). Changes should display when you install the new package. Tested it on a new profile and everything was ok!
    Updates from now on will be flagged and you'll get notified when you login if there's one or not. Changes will be displayed on package install like so:
    Still need a beast/scoundrel/engineer to help with adding bashing!
  • So gave the basher a spin. Just using the basher and not the gui as well. When I do bashsetup it returns "(starSys): Basher installed!
    (starSys): System settings not found; won't save anything."

So not sure what's up with that.

Using "bash add" it tells me it has added a mob to the list, but again says the "system settings not found; won't save anything" thingy.

Using bashy doesn't seem to do anything

Playing as a nanoseer, even killed a mob while bashy should have been toggled on. Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong or if I messed up somehow.

• A bit difficult to help diagnose issues if you aren't giving me error logs to work with. Saying the output of the triggers doesn't do a whole lot, except show that it wasn't installed correctly. Like I said, it works fine for me on a blank profile :|
  • edited December 2018
    I'm an idiot.
    Redownload it from the link. Reinstall it from scratch as well. I didn't push a new update because it's just one simple trigger change... Should work now...
  • I dislike using Nexus, because I've used mudlet for years, and your GUI is a life save. Thank you so so much x.x I can play Starmourn now. (I am terrible at making GUIs)
  • I, for the life of me, cannot for any reason get the GUI to unzip/install from the package manager at all. At any rate, I've tried to extract it to another folder in my C drive, and just opens into another folder extracted. Other than that, the important part-the system itself is a HELL of a lifesaver. The terrible grind is -much much- better to cope with, so thanks! <3
  • edited December 2018
    Illidaen said:
    I, for the life of me, cannot for any reason get the GUI to unzip/install from the package manager at all. At any rate, I've tried to extract it to another folder in my C drive, and just opens into another folder extracted. Other than that, the important part-the system itself is a HELL of a lifesaver. The terrible grind is -much much- better to cope with, so thanks! <3
    You don't install the gui pictures with mudlet package manager. You put the folder where it says to put it. Take the 'guipics' folder out of the zip, and place it into the mudlet profile folder. Like this:

• @Maruna I noticed in the fury combat thread you and Atalkez were working on a hypertension, resistance route rather than your current Rupture route. I'm using your system and it works great. But are you planning on putting that into the system? Or could you help me in game figure out how to change it so I can try bashing with hypertension? THanks!
  • Mavis said:
    @Maruna I noticed in the fury combat thread you and Atalkez were working on a hypertension, resistance route rather than your current Rupture route. I'm using your system and it works great. But are you planning on putting that into the system? Or could you help me in game figure out how to change it so I can try bashing with hypertension? THanks!
    1.2 Update is up! 'smupdate' to update, or restart mudlet.

• Happy to help scoundrel setup if you still need a hand. Thanks for the work for the community. 
  • Olyvar said:
    Happy to help scoundrel setup if you still need a hand. Thanks for the work for the community. 
    Probably won't be able to update it until monday (sunday for you americans), but if you PM me the stuff I can look at adding it. Just need the attacks it uses for bashing, as well as what it uses to interrupt skills... If there's any special conditions I'll need triggers as well. Like how beast has backhand as a 'pre-requisite' for wristblade damage.
  • I recently switched back to nanoseer, and was looking at the script for the bash type. I was wondering though in a future update if you can add an option to allow the nanoseer to alternatively use voidism bashing. (Weird, I know) That way, the nanoseer can choose that route, when bashing. Sometimes or some creatures take awhile to kill, and can eat up your nano reserves, while voidism-there isn't to run out of. You can also if you want, to give it a condition that if the target has at least 1 stack of frozen(up to a max of 5 stacks), that the basher can go into limbdrain bashing(doesn't matter which limb). Otherwise, default voidism bash will either be freeze or limbdrain(limb).
  • edited December 2018
    Illidaen said:
    I recently switched back to nanoseer, and was looking at the script for the bash type. I was wondering though in a future update if you can add an option to allow the nanoseer to alternatively use voidism bashing. (Weird, I know) That way, the nanoseer can choose that route, when bashing. Sometimes or some creatures take awhile to kill, and can eat up your nano reserves, while voidism-there isn't to run out of. You can also if you want, to give it a condition that if the target has at least 1 stack of frozen(up to a max of 5 stacks), that the basher can go into limbdrain bashing(doesn't matter which limb). Otherwise, default voidism bash will either be freeze or limbdrain(limb).
    With miniaturisation and progenitor I never found nanites an issue. Though I sympathise that not many have that so early, without buying lesson packs. I didn't test much beyond that because I found multistrike->swarm spam to be faster than anything else. I've been Fury since level 20, though.
  • edited December 2018
    Hmm ok then. What I did for now, was simply changed the nano swarm bash to 

if targetList[secondTarget] > 400 and not nanoMultistrike and sm_charStats.nanites >= 2 and (curHealth == nil or curHealth > 400) then
    		command = "nano multistrike "..target
    	else
    		command = "void limbdrain " ..target.. " rightarm"
    	end

I didn't want to fiddle with something in there and fuck it all up. So I think I'll do that for awhile longer. Also, throw down pointzero prior to fighting to increase the drain damage
  • Would adding a conditional Berserk into the advanced Fury combo make much of a difference dps-wise, especially if it's active while unstoppable?
  • kamdian said:
    Would adding a conditional Berserk into the advanced Fury combo make much of a difference dps-wise, especially if it's active while unstoppable?
    Me and Atalkez tested Berserk and it honestly doesn't seem to make that much of a difference at all. Especially with unstoppable it'll just increase how much downtime there is between unstoppable uses, trying to keep them both up. Especially once you get higher and want to start using resistant.
    In unstoppable it's good damage, but hunting an extended time the dps ends up flatlining because of how much time you spend outside of unstoppable windows. So it ends up being the same rough DPS over say... a 30 minute period.
  • Maruna said:
    kamdian said:
    Would adding a conditional Berserk into the advanced Fury combo make much of a difference dps-wise, especially if it's active while unstoppable?
    Me and Atalkez tested Berserk and it honestly doesn't seem to make that much of a difference at all. Especially with unstoppable it'll just increase how much downtime there is between unstoppable uses, trying to keep them both up. Especially once you get higher and want to start using resistant.
    In unstoppable it's good damage, but hunting an extended time the dps ends up flatlining because of how much time you spend outside of unstoppable windows. So it ends up being the same rough DPS over say... a 30 minute period.
    That makes sense, thanks!
  • It's probably obvious, but how good berserk is depends on how much you're attacking while you have berserk.

If you're bashing constantly with no downtime, berserk will be a dps increase. If you are having to move around to find mobs or pause for healing, you do better just attacking.