Skip to content

Death penalty

13»

Comments

• Dunno. Feels like a good money-sink to prevent inflation. We all know what its like to start a MUD 2 years into its life-cycle and everything is so over inflated that a newb is basically left out in the cold! I'm looking at you Achaea!
  • Aerry said:
    Dunno. Feels like a good money-sink to prevent inflation. We all know what its like to start a MUD 2 years into its life-cycle and everything is so over inflated that a newb is basically left out in the cold! I'm looking at you Achaea!
    This happens in every MMO and online game with an economy, ever. Not that there shouldn't be some money sinks to help out, but it's a poor excuse to hold back on something like this when there are some strong, good reasons for it - such as allowing people to experiment in combat and encouraging people to get out there instead of hide away for fear of punishing game mechanics.
  • I haven't had issues honestly.  Other than pvp deaths I think it's just fine.  No I don't have the latest and greatest armor set but I have some of it and am working on the rest!
  • The medbots release your body from its restraints on the lab table you're on, and you stand up, feeling a little wobbly. A disembodied voice says, "Thank you for using our facilities. This is your 24th cloned body, and has cost your account 950 Marks. Have a nice day, and we hope to see you here again soon!
    [Marks]: Your mark balance has been adjusted by -950.

PLEASE MAKE IT STOP
    Download Montem System for Nexus Client - https://pastebin.com/MBEn7S0u
  • You're ranked #29, 950 seems pretty reasonable for that period where you can reliably make more marks.
  • Eshe said:
    You're ranked #29, 950 seems pretty reasonable for that period where you can reliably make more marks.
    I'm glad you think so. It's about 2 hours of work, give or take.  So I disagree.
  • Where are you bashing? I was making about 1500-2k for 2 hours in Praviskar, which is a 20-30 area. 
  • Maybe it's cause I bash grouped most the time.
  • Definitely because you bash grouped. Go to an easy area for your level (maybe 5 under) solo and bash for 30 mins for an easy 2k marks.
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • Marks for clones should be suspended til around level 30ish or whenever the bashing spots thin out some for competition. I can try to compete with numerous others in an easy or on level zone and have it take an even longer amount of time to gain exp/junk or I can basically throw marks away trying an "on level" zone at 20 that's not as populated and die a bunch. I've probably used 25k or so on just clones by this point. 

Speaking of which, there should be a rankings for clone number and/or marks spent on clones. Just for futility giggles. 
  • The scaling on mark costs should definitely be adjusted, should be much lower on the low end. I remember being shocked at how much I lost at level 15. Now at 31 it doesn't feel too bad, I don't really have an opinion, but the low end is definitely out of whack.

However, I do think the time cost for dying should be higher. The time for them to remake your clone should be 2x or 4x in my opinion. Lower the marks cost, but make people pay with a bit of downtime instead.
  • Your own factionmates yanking INR and stealing the junk you drop bashing sub-15 on your own home planet makes these Marks frustrations 20x worse.