Skip to content

Bushraki

Any chance these loveable half robotic drug addicts in ever becoming a playable race? If not would it be alright to RP having undergone one of their operations? I know they aren't welcomed in other factions but lorewise they do reside in Scatterhome. Any suggestions on this?
(Scatterhome): You say, "Do you like things up your ass? Is your record clean? Are you looking for a job in the near future but not right now? Smuggle drugs for Solus and get stuffed across the galaxy."

Comments

• Wrong section. Can an admin move this to Roleplay please?
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Do you like things up your ass? Is your record clean? Are you looking for a job in the near future but not right now? Smuggle drugs for Solus and get stuffed across the galaxy."

• You got it! (The move, not the race :D )
  • Faran said:
    You got it! (The move, not the race :D )
    Hahaha, that excitement was squashed rather quick! Thanks for the move @Faran!

• I'm more interested in using their tech than being one. It'd be cool to be able to RP having some implants/cyber tech in use while not being a drugged up psycho. Just sayin'. :D
  • I wouldn't mind being a drugged up psycho, hell. I already am one.

• Solus said:
    I wouldn't mind being a drugged up psycho, hell. I already am one.
    Fair enough. I still just want your cyber tech. Haha.
  • We do have their wetwiring. It's a start at least! 
  • edited December 2018
    Bushraki are just asshole humans with heavy augmentation.
    Also we need a designated non-playable bad guy race. Sure there's Loroi but they're supposed to be tough (even though you kill them in two hits in the tutorial) so the game needs something mookier and easily hateable. Bushraki fill that niche well - you seen the uniforms of their something or the other fleet? Literally space Nazis.
  • Cleax? They're pretty detestable and non playable. Or Vonikin Krel. Or did you mean something more humanoid? 
  • edited December 2018
    Needs to be mooky and human-like. Both Cleax and Vonikin are too weird and the latter also pretend to play mastermind and avoid direct confrontation. Bushraki are the familiar face you love to punch.
  • Except punching a Bushraki is a good way to get dead, fast. One of the reasons they aren't a playable race is that they're heavily augmented to be better than general flesh creatures (regardless of how that plays out mechanically). They're faster, stronger, and usually hopped up on all kinds of drugs that boost those attributes even further, not to mention give them their uneven *cough* temperament. 
  • Ah, that's cool. Then would it be out of place to have mechanical limbs or organs? If so how does that process work after being cloned? Also how does cloning work? Is it just replicating what you have currently or does it use your D.N.A to grow missing limbs as well?

These are key questions regarding my RP as Solus. I was hoping that Solus could have a flawed clone data and uses machine like organs and a mechanical arm but if the clone just regrows limbs then it is kinda pointless.

• Aurelius said:
    Except punching a Bushraki is a good way to get dead, fast. One of the reasons they aren't a playable race is that they're heavily augmented to be better than general flesh creatures (regardless of how that plays out mechanically). They're faster, stronger, and usually hopped up on all kinds of drugs that boost those attributes even further, not to mention give them their uneven *cough* temperament. 
    Yeah, they're pretty badass. But that's because the player characters are pretty badass too so you need badass-appropriate opponents.
  • Solus said:
    Ah, that's cool. Then would it be out of place to have mechanical limbs or organs? If so how does that process work after being cloned? Also how does cloning work? Is it just replicating what you have currently or does it use your D.N.A to grow missing limbs as well?

These are key questions regarding my RP as Solus. I was hoping that Solus could have a flawed clone data and uses machine like organs and a mechanical arm but if the clone just regrows limbs then it is kinda pointless.
    Yeah, clones are just grown from your DNA, so any missing limbs would be back. 
  • Aurelius said:
    Solus said:
    Ah, that's cool. Then would it be out of place to have mechanical limbs or organs? If so how does that process work after being cloned? Also how does cloning work? Is it just replicating what you have currently or does it use your D.N.A to grow missing limbs as well?

Yeah, clones are just grown from your DNA, so any missing limbs would be back. 
    Damn...half man half machine goes out the window. Will think of something else.

• edited December 2018
    @Aurelius So a few others and I have expressed wanting to have minor modifications to our bodies. Perhaps being born with genetic defects or corrupted clone data, whatever the reason may be. Would it be possible just to have an option in our config setting to change our cloning process slightly by allowing minor cybernetics attached to our bodies? Some of us really like the roleplaying value that cybernetics offer but with the cloning system fully being able to replace any missing limbs it becomes...rather hard. I know the Bushraki were known for their borderline insane methods of modifications but we as roleplayers only want minor modifications with no tangible benefits besides awesome RP.

For example, if you have the mechanical parts config set to true after you get cloned or in the process of being cloned you see this message.

Several figures dressed up in white gowns places you onto a gurney and begins to wheel you away. Bright light blinds your sight before you feel a prick, suddenly you feel your consciousness slip once more and the blurry silhouettes blend into the darkness.

Groggy and disorientated, you awaken with your cybernetic replacements, slightly sore from the surgery not long ago.

Anyways, I really hope you guys can consider it after you're done squashing all these bugs.

• edited December 2018
    You could just roleplay that, I think. No need for it to be mechanically different. I mean, your mindsim gets attached to every clone, and we don't see that either.
  • edited December 2018
    Arsentar said:
    You could just roleplay that, I think. No need for it to be mechanically different. I mean, your mindsim gets attached to every clone, and we don't see that either.
    I would be happy to do that as well but right now I think we're worried about it being canon. With the information we have now, most of it is up to our interpretation but I wouldn't want to go too far and break lore.

• Not cybernetics exactly, but somewhat related - it has been said that genetic modification is a thing. It came up in the gender thread. Also, the Bushraki are able to have all the cybernetics they do only because they had Cleax genetic material put into them. Where I'm going with this is to say that I think pretty extreme forms of body modification are not only possible in canon, but would make sense. Not all that extreme, but Slander is a human with black eyes. In my head, that doesn't mean her irises are really dark, but that her irises and sclerae are solid black, whether that be from advanced tattooing or genetic manipulation. Just my thoughts.
    I'm gone.
  • I was thinking like a mechanical leg or one eye thats purely machine. Think Cyborg.

• Yea, it's hard to know where the line would be drawn. Like obviously Nanoseer clones have their iriil tattoos still, every clone has wetwiring and a mindsim. An eye doesn't seem that big of a deal to me but an arm or leg might well cross that line. And I've been wondering the same since before release because cyborgs are great.
    I'm gone.