Skip to content

Ōtsutsuki Interface (GUI)

Other snapshots and a short video of space flight can be found here.

Ōtsutsuki Interface

Hey, everyone! I wanted to share with you all something I have been working on for the past few days. I just returned to Mudlet after months of waiting for Starmourn's release, and I've been having lots of fun with building various scripts and GUIs, so I thought I would share it with everyone. You'll find a short video above of what the UI looks like and most of the different features it offers thus far.
I've named it after my dynasty, so naturally, it is given freely to those who joined our family before the game's open beta. For everyone else, I request a modest fee of five (5) credits or five thousand (5,000) marks in-game. As stated before, I am a relatively new player to IREs, so it'll be interesting to see what challenges await me here. :)
Without further ado, this initial release of the Ōtsutsuki Interface contains:
  • a flat design (minimalist user interface)
  • a tabbed chat (communication captured via GMCP - no triggers needed)
  • information (a quick overview of quests, room players, mobs & items, and combat afflictions/defences)
  • map data (mudlet mapper plus in-game ground and space maps; will work on the hacking map when I next hack a terminal!)
  • mindsim data (character status and wetwiring information as well as your current in-game target)
  • f-key modules (different modules that you can toggle on and off via click or keybinding)
  • stat gauges (tracks your resources - gauges will update for each class!)
  • tabbed targeting (that's right, folks, rotating between your in-game targets is as easy as `Ctrl+/`) 
Feel free to pass back any feedback and comments, suggestions or otherwise.
If you're interested in getting your hands on this, just let me know through whatever medium is most convenient for you.
Happy mudding!

Changelog
[1.0.5] - 2018-12-25
#Added
- Starchart window will now show up for space travel.
- Target health now shows up on the MindSim interface.
- Wetwiring systems are now coloured based on their percentage.
- Ground map includes more room information.
#Changed
- Tabbed Chat now includes more channels.
[1.0.4] - 2018-12-23
#Added
- Space map now gags & includes prompt information.
- Fury gauge setup.
#Changed
- Mapper tabs now take up top left row to fit entire space map.
- Modified MindSim Interface spacing.
[1.0.3] - 2018-12-21
#Added
- Separate mob colour for those that can be bashed.
#Changed
- Text highlighting in the editor is now easier to detect.
- The input line highlight is now gone.
#Fixed
- Marks not being updated on the mindsim interface.
- Gauges being misplaced.
[1.0.2] - 2018-12-21
#Added
- "GUI.Loaded" event is now raised after initialisation.
- You can now rotate targets with the tab key.
- Gauges now work for every class!
#Changed
- Refactored code to initialise in one place.
#Fixed
- Mobs not updating properly upon being killed.
- Combat tab throwing class errors.
- MindSim font family should now work for everyone.
[1.0.1] - 2018-12-20
#Added
- Afflictions/Missing Defences now show up in the Combat tab.
#Changed
- Font sizes now harmonise with each other.
- Tabbed chat now autowraps text accordingly.
#Fixed
- Gauges interfering with the MindSim label.
Mudlet: Ōtsutsuki Interface
"In all chaos there is a cosmos, in all disorder a secret order."

Comments

• If only all that energy was invested into JavaScript and Nexus... *sigh*

great job from the looks of it, though!
  • Yup, I will definitely getting you those creds (or 5,000 marks whichever comes first) for that. I am sure it will money (or marks) well spent for sure. I have seen some of your work before and so I know it will be well worth it to get. 
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Which by my calculations, it's your turn to pay."
    (Scatterhome): Brantar says, "That's what my calculations have come to."
    (Scatterhome): Paavo says, "My math adds up to that, yeah."
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "Bastards."
  • Will this also work on a Mac?
  • Pumkin said:
    Will this also work on a Mac?
    As far as I'm aware, yes!
  • Kaguya said:
    Pumkin said:
    Will this also work on a Mac?
    As far as I'm aware, yes!
    Sounds good. I'll get with you soon.
  • Just want to rave for this GUI. Easy to set up and does everything I need. Any additions to it will be gravy for me. Thank you @Kaguya!
  • Will it continue to be updated post this release? Assuming distribution via github or...?
  • Will it continue to be updated post this release? Assuming distribution via github or...?
    Yes I provide continuous updates as new features are added. Distribution is through a private channel on our Ōtsutsuki server. :)
  • Does it put the space map in a separate space, rather than having in spam the main window of text?
  • Traveler said:
    Does it put the space map in a separate space, rather than having in spam the main window of text?
    It does, yes. It's the main thing demo'd in the video! (albeit in poor quality - blame giphy for that)
  • My laptop is a potato and ruins everything but @Kaguya fixed it so there's good tech support.
  • Now that I have this GUI and have spent like an hour or two on it. This is a great GUI and well worth the 5 credits or the 5,000 marks. So far I have zero complaints.
    (Scatterhome): Cal says, "We're called Scatterhome after what everybody does at the end of the night when it's time for someone to pay the bar tab."
  • Awesome GUI, thank you @Kaguya !
  • This GUI is truly...stellar!
  • edited December 2018
    Awesome GUI. 100% legit. Thanks for the hard work and cheap price.
  • For some reason, I can't update my original post anymore... So, a quick update!

I've decided instead of a fixed 5,000 mark price, it will change based upon the rising cost of credits sold in-game. So, from this point forward, if the highest CFS price is 1,500 marks, it'll be 7,500 marks for the GUI, and so forth.

I've added many new features to the GUI since its initial release thanks to the feedback of users who use it on a day to day basis, and I still have more ideas planned for the future.
  • Kaguya said:
    For some reason, I can't update my original post anymore... So, a quick update!

I've decided instead of a fixed 5,000 mark price, it will change based upon the rising cost of credits sold in-game. So, from this point forward, if the highest CFS price is 1,500 marks, it'll be 7,500 marks for the GUI, and so forth.

I've added many new features to the GUI since its initial release thanks to the feedback of users who use it on a day to day basis, and I still have more ideas planned for the future.
    Highest cfs price is a really shitty thing to base it off of, since people can (and do) often put credits on the market at astronomical prices for seemingly no reason (see: the CFS of basically any other IRE game). Average sale price or lowest credit price are much more reasonable.

You're welcome to do what you want, of course. That's just a shitty way to go about it.
  • Avymos said:
    Kaguya said:
    For some reason, I can't update my original post anymore... So, a quick update!

Highest cfs price is a really shitty thing to base it off of, since people can (and do) often put credits on the market at astronomical prices for seemingly no reason (see: the CFS of basically any other IRE game). Average sale price or lowest credit price are much more reasonable.

You're welcome to do what you want, of course. That's just a shitty way to go about it.

Or just 10% above average sale price.
  • @Avymos @Albion I disagree. Should any avaricious characters decide to sell their credits at an exceedingly high price, we'll discuss that at the time of sale.
  • Even if credits cost 20k marks, it'd still be 5 credits.. so.. I don't really see the issue.
  • Satomi said:
    Even if credits cost 20k marks
    Good fucking lord, please don't even jokingly suggest that credits will go to that price.
  • Maruna said:
    Satomi said:
    Even if credits cost 20k marks
    Good fucking lord, please don't even jokingly suggest that credits will go to that price.
    Oh they will for sure, it has happened in every ire game i've played in 
  • In my personal opinion, it's worth the price he's asking for. What other GUI will you get an abundance of tech support and updates as they are made? I really enjoy it, but this all of course just my opinion. 
  • Ya I was going to buy it earlier today, but I changed my mind when I realized it was highest CFS price rather than current or average. Or even a flat fee or percentage tacked on to average/current price to account for the credits being bound. Anyone can put credits for sale at any nonsense price at any time, doesn't mean they are worth anywhere near that.

To be honest, with that sort of logic I decided that I couldn't trust that the code was written well.
  • Anonymous said:
    Ya I was going to buy it earlier today, but I changed my mind when I realized it was highest CFS price rather than current or average. Or even a flat fee or percentage tacked on to average/current price to account for the credits being bound. Anyone can put credits for sale at any nonsense price at any time, doesn't mean they are worth anywhere near that.

To be honest, with that sort of logic I decided that I couldn't trust that the code was written well.
    Well, I payed in credits, but I am also not a coder, so to me I really wouldn't know how well it was coded. If someone is that good to have that sort of knowledge, then all I can say is they should make their own and maybe make some credits/marks from it. All I can say to this GUI is that it works as advertised and does what I need it too. That's all I can ever ask of any UI, GUI or anything for that matter. 
  • edited December 2018
    It wasn't the price that bothered me. If it had been current price + 50%, that would have been slightly more expensive than the highest CFS price at the time, but it would have made sense and been logically consistent. It'd be a huge markup over the straight credit price, but I'd understand (bound vs unbound).

Just the idea of highest CFS price was so absurd and silly I couldn't take it seriously anymore.
  • edited December 2018
    Rkansas said:
    In my personal opinion, it's worth the price he's asking for. What other GUI will you get an abundance of tech support and updates as they are made? I really enjoy it, but this all of course just my opinion. 
    I mean my GUI has an entire working system, including a basher... And it's free, and is updated like every other day... You're naturally free to use what you please, but there's others out there just to answer this question in particular.
  • Maruna said:
    Rkansas said:
    In my personal opinion, it's worth the price he's asking for. What other GUI will you get an abundance of tech support and updates as they are made? I really enjoy it, but this all of course just my opinion. 
    I mean my GUI has an entire working system, including a basher... And it's free, and is updated like every other day... You're naturally free to use what you please, but there's others out there just to answer this question in particular.
    Yes, that is true, though I have not used your so I can't honestly compare them to each other. I guess the reason I seem like I am pushing for this GUI, which I really am not, I just happen to have a history with Kaguya from another MUD and he's helped me alot in learning Mudlet and coding. Everyone has a choice, and this isn't really that big of a deal to me what GUI anyone has. I am just stating that I like this one. Like I have said, it's my opinion and mine alone. Everyone has one, I just wanted to state mine to help a friend. That's it.
  • There will always be those who resist. That's fair, and you're all more than welcome to use other's works on the free market. However, if you prefer a GUI that is top of the line with what is offered right now, then that is where I come in.

Though, since @Maruna decided to butt herself in on my thread, I feel justified in pointing out I've skimmed through her package and seen that what she has to offer is fairly subpar in comparison. But hey, it's free, right?
  • Kaguya said:
    There will always be those who resist. That's fair, and you're all more than welcome to use other's works on the free market. However, if you prefer a GUI that is top of the line with what is offered right now, then that is where I come in.

Though, since @Maruna decided to butt herself in on my thread, I feel justified in pointing out I've skimmed through her package and seen that what she has to offer is fairly subpar in comparison. But hey, it's free, right?
    Just answered a question. No need to get defensive, bud. :)