Skip to content

Scatterhome Swearing

Comments

• edited December 2018
    It's actually not Tetcons game. It's IREs game and that is a company ran by a board who makes it's decisions based on what makes the company more money. He is one person out of a dozen that makes decisions about the game and it's path.
  • edited December 2018
    It might not be swearing as such but...

(Scatterhome) [REDACTED] has left the faction.
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "F."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "F."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "T."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "For.. what...?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "RIP."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "What is F?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "It stands for fuck that guy."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "F to pay respect."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "We say it to pay respects for those who leave Scatterhome."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "[REDACTED]. i never heard of it. where it come from?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "Is.. is that a thing?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "Just sounds like 'fff' over the comms."
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "Don't you know about the hologame called Call of Duty 3034?"
    (Scatterhome): [REDACTED] says, "One of the Metal Gear solid games."
    (Scatterhome): You say, "Oh for F's sake."

That's when I left Scatterhome!

Edit: Yes, I rejoined. Bad RP drove me out, good RP brought me back. Bless you, Ronin!
  • <facepalm>
  • edited December 2018
    He is still an employee of IRE and can't just do what he wants willy nilly. Nor should he be doing things like calling people childish on the forums of the game he represents as producer. And even you as staff your thinking that he can do whatever he deems best is short sighted and sets a horrible tone for actual customer interaction.
  • Bro... you are posting some absolute madness. Seriously, just stop; you are killing yourself.
  • Doesn't matter if he owns it. YOU DO NOT TALK TO YOU CUSTOMERS THAT WAY.
  • Genuinely not sure if you're trolling at this point...
  • In this kind of community and 'product', no, the customer is not always right. Yes, our money's important, and yes, there's a general goal to produce a quality product that will encourage users to stay and continue to invest. But it's still a moderated community, run by a small group of people who have to juggle all of the competing voices. Being a (potential) customer does not exempt you from critique or admonishment. 
  • You seem to be missing the point. On the first page of the post. The Producer chimed it with someone else stating he thinks a portion of this game are Childish and require adult supervision.

Different discussion then the stupidity that is a profanity filter in a game that is adult themed and has slave owners dropping condoms. NO ONE who is in a managerial position should be calling the customers of the game he runs ANYTHING but sir, ma'am or their screen name.

YOU seem to forget this is not your house. We are other people and if someone at a place of business I went to was calling their customer childish and requiring adult supervision why the hell would I have ANY faith in that person to act like an unbiased adult.

• OK dude. #MakeStarmournGreatAgain?
  • Nice job slipping into Ad hominem and appeasement at the same time.
  • michael_jackson_popcorn.gif
  • edited December 2018
    I am not talking bad about anyone. You are the one who is putting tone to completely neutral words. All I have done is state exactly what was typed and the perception that gives to people. He called a group of people childish and needing adult supervision that is posted on the very front page of this post.

So where did I call him my slave or my bitch rather then say that he should be acting in a professional manner because when he is doing anything for this game he is at work. Go to work and call your customers childish and needing adult supervision where they can see it and see what your boss does. Call them anything but Sir, Ma'am, Mr, Mrs or their given name and see how that person reacts to you.

Why would someone who works for a video game get a pass on treating others like that when he is at work? Sorry being the dev doesn't make him some super person or better then anyone else. It makes him MORE accountable and held to a higher standered. Insulting your player base is none of those things and that is exactly what that was. You don't have to like it for it to be the truth.
  • edited December 2018
    I am not talking bad about anyone. You are the one who is putting tone to completely neutral words. All I have done is state exactly what was typed and the perception that gives to people. He called a group of people childish and needing adult supervision that is posted on the very front page of this post.
    And so far, it's been words that actually hold weight.

Go to work and call your customers childish and needing adult supervision where they can see it and see what your boss does. Call them anything but Sir, Ma'am, Mr, Mrs or their given name and see how that person reacts to you.
    Aurelius is Tecton's boss, and he approved of what he said???????????

Why would someone who works for a video game get a pass on treating others like that when he is at work? Sorry being the dev doesn't make him some super person or better then anyone else. It makes him MORE accountable and held to a higher standered. Insulting your player base is none of those things and that is exactly what that was. You don't have to like it for it to be the truth.
    If you find being called childish to be an insult then... You literally proved the point.
    Bolded and italicised the important part of your post. You may not like being called childish, but so far it's not wrong.
  • I am not talking bad about anyone. You are the one who is putting tone to completely neutral words. All I have done is state exactly what was typed and the perception that gives to people. He called a group of people childish and needing adult supervision that is posted on the very front page of this post.

So where did I call him my slave or my bitch rather then say that he should be acting in a professional manner because when he is doing anything for this game he is at work. Go to work and call your customers childish and needing adult supervision where they can see it and see what your boss does.
    I'm my own boss. So I suppose my boss would pat me on the back for taking care of myself and not being a doormat, and not compromising my company ideals and values just to make a quick buck. I'll even take it a step further and say that I wouldn't let any customer disrespect anyone in my employ, either.

I'm amazed by the irony here and I wonder if you don't see it. You're offended that people find your language offensive? You're calling people unprofessional for pointing out that your speech patterns don't prompt professionalism?

I actually agree with you; I swear like a sailor! Swearing gives colour to my life and anyone who has a problem with my vocabulary can mind their own fucking business. So from one sailor to another, real talk, would swearing be half as fun if it didn't get on some people's nerves?

Accept the consequences of your actions. I do. My language attracts colourful humourists into my life and pushes away the uptights. Not everyone is going to like the way you talk. Them's the breaks. If you don't like being looked down on (by some people) for swearing, then don't swear. You have the freedom and autonomy to choose who you do and don't offend.

I think you mentioned somewhere up there that you cook for a living? Well if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen.

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• There is no heat here just people seeming to think I am angry when I am literally pointing out someones inappropriate behavior. Disagreeing with someone and calling them wrong is not unprofessional and I think that is the problem you are having here. I don't have to agree with you, the admin can be wrong and they are in this case. They should never under any circumstances comment on the players of this game in that matter.

If you ACTUALLY owned your own business you'd know that is the truth. I never was once disrespectful to anyone. I didn't call anyone names. I pointed out an action that was inappropriate and called it out.

Now before you move on to answer with something that doesn't make sense again..answer a simple question..

Is it okay to go to work, and tell someone who is a customer that they are childish and need adult supervision in any context that is not them being aggressively in their face? Because if it's not okay to do that in person then it is certainly no okay to do that on a public forum as the face of a company.

And no I don't cook for a living. I run Restaurants and have done so successfully following the same model of service, treat people with respect, don't say anything that can be misconstrued or insulting where others can hear it and if you REALLY need to talk shit about someone. Do it in your office where no one can hear. 
  • Frak this drama. Lighten up, Francis. 
  • This thread makes me sad that SM forum accounts aren't tied to username, because here we can't just see the Forums stupid and know who to avoid in the future.
  • The fact that literally no one else is upset about this might indicate you’re being dramatic.
  • edited December 2018
    Rip bad internet double post T.T
  • I don't have to agree with you, the admin can be wrong and they are in this case. They should never under any circumstances comment on the players of this game in that matter.
    It's their company, they get to choose how they interact with their playerbase. Not you. If you don't like it, you're welcome to leave.

If you ACTUALLY owned your own business you'd know that is the truth. I never was once disrespectful to anyone. I didn't call anyone names. I pointed out an action that was inappropriate and called it out.
    Good for you. There is no 'right way' when you're the one who owns the business, though. If the 'customer' doesn't like it then leave and go write a bad yelp review. You don't get to start screaming your head off at the guy who owns the place, as if he should treat you like a special snowflake.

Is it okay to go to work, and tell someone who is a customer that they are childish<snip>
    If they're being childish, absolutely. Owners get to act however they like. Their employees can act within company rules. Aurelius approved of Tecton's comments. That is literally giving him permission to act that way.
    Sorry admin aren't wrong. The owners decide the rules for their company's behaviour. The customer isn't always right; in actual fact, 99% of the time, the customer is the one who's wrong.
  • To be fair, I'd say it's less 99% of the time and more 90% of the time. I mean, you DO have an ISP, right?
This discussion has been closed.