Skip to content

Racial Suggestions

I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread just about Decheerans or just make a general one in case others have some ideas of their own.

I was reading through the races (again and again) and noticed that Decheerans are strictly vegetarian. I got to thinking, shouldn't they be omnivores? Plants get their nutrients from the soil, the soil is really just whatever has decayed and broken down into nutrients. That means plants and animals. I don't see the Decheerans differentiating between the two for sustenance. Nutrients are nutrients, no?
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free.

----
Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, gloriously alive, today.
----
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Comments

• Mmm, I'll have to disagree.  That's no different than vegetarians in RL.  
    Ataniiq
  • Plants don't care where the nutrients come from, where as vegetarians are making a dietary decision for their own reasons. Whether it is medical or preferential/moral, it's a choice. There are even carnivorous plants. I'm just suggesting that being strictly vegetarian doesn't quite fit, at least for me. 

----
    ----
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.

• Plants don't care where the nutrients come from, where as vegetarians are making a dietary decision for their own reasons. Whether it is medical or preferential/moral, it's a choice. There are even carnivorous plants. I'm just suggesting that being strictly vegetarian doesn't quite fit, at least for me. 
    I think you are referring to veganism?  By definition vegetarians can be pretty strict or pretty lax. 
    Ataniiq
  • I just want to see the Bushraki as a playable race. I personally wouldn't care if their cybernetic enhancements didn't count for anything stat wise. There's just so much customization and roleplay value there. Seems a shame not to place such a powerful plot device in the hands of us RP dedicated players.
  • edited August 2017
    I know Imperian and MKO have had unique races during auctions or special events, maybe Bushraki could be one of those that you can get during those events, or even earn through quests.

That said...I hope we are locked into our races with the exception of special event things.

----
    ----
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    I will face my fear.

• edited August 2017
    Edited:
    Aurelius said:
    Mal said:
    For me I would love to play a Bushraki. The backstory they have is insane and just (at least to me) could lead to wonderful RP. 

But in the scope we are given Jin or Human. I like the Jin's view on death. And you could do alot with that.
    We actually developed Bushraki with the intention of them being a playable race. The problem was that we just couldn't get over the fact that they have all these implants to augment them, but there would be no mechanical difference between them and anyone else. Since that is literally their defining trait, we just couldn't swallow it, whereas it's more acceptable to me for Tukkav not to be mechanically physically stronger than, say, Elgan.
    Pollivar said:
    Could always look into making 'Bushraki Marauder' one of the classes if we ever expand on them post-launch. It could be like Lusternia's tree-people, where to take the skillset you MUST be that particular race. That way it could be completely oozing with flavor, and also lore-friendly.
    @Pollivar 's input is agreeable, but maybe not a release focus since there are more versatile options at hand.
    Pedagogical rumors of rumors fuel the cosmos

• I guess that would put a damper on the 'Buskraki race IS a class' idea...
  • Pollivar said:
    I guess that would put a damper on the 'Buskraki race IS a class' idea...
    Yeah, definitely not something we're going to do.
  • Aurelius said:

That said...I hope we are locked into our races with the exception of special event things.
    Yep, you're going to be locked into your race, in the hopes that doing so sparks some racial identity roleplaying. When people can just easily switch from race to race, it tends to destroy that.
    This is something I didn't know I wanted and/or needed until you said as much. I'm so excited!
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.