Skip to content

Assorted Questions About Jin

Hi.

The Jin are fond of enacting battles and other historic moments with costumes both physical and holographic. Is this a regimented thing done in a specified place? Would a Jin wear a costume to, say, an outing at a bar, just to experience a different societal role? 

Do Jin have any issue metabolizing certain foods? 

Would a Jin step around the ghost images of recent deaths , or just barge on through? 

Can a Jin have a child with another race? 

What is the stance on cloning? Why would a Jin come back? 

Comments

• Re: cloning

The way I play my Jin, is that it does not matter how much she dies, as long as it is a glorious death. She is more concerned about her death being embarrassing than she is about whether she comes back or not.

Her motivation for coming back is to continue causing death to other people. Her reverence for death ties into a reverence for voidism as well, and these things are a double motivation for her to kill things. Death is the ultimate void, and it is an honor to bestow on as many others as she can.
  • Traveler said:
    Re: cloning

The way I play my Jin, is that it does not matter how much she dies, as long as it is a glorious death. She is more concerned about her death being embarrassing than she is about whether she comes back or not.

Her motivation for coming back is to continue causing death to other people. Her reverence for death ties into a reverence for voidism as well, and these things are a double motivation for her to kill things. Death is the ultimate void, and it is an honor to bestow on as many others as she can.
    I see, very cool. So mine might keep coming back on a premise like "I'm not done, goddammit, let me get a REAL death! "
  • Mine is a orphaned Jin that grew up in Old Town amongst other races, so he has just as much (little) knowledge of Jin culture as an outsider. So, he doesn't find any issue with the whole cloning thing. 
  • Addendum question: does my Jin have a wing-wang?
  • Vex said:
    Addendum question: does my Jin have a wing-wang?
    Think so, we have live birth and gestation, presumably we follow mammalian reproduction 
  • For the cloning, my thoughts were that Jin care for a good death, and clones avoid your final death being a stupid one like wandering headfirst into a bad situation.