Skip to content

The Journey

We all have ideas of what we want to do with our characters, what race we want to play, who we want to be, but the one thing we don't know yet is the journey. The process of getting from level 1 to max level or to whichever plateau you set for yourself. What are your plans for quests or general PVE content? 

To elaborate. I know there is a quest system in at least Achaea and Aetolia, but from what I've seen it's minimal and bashing guides are usually player written. I think Starmourn would stand out tremendously if there was a bare minimum guide to max level available to all newbies. It would contain maybe only one to two areas per leveling bracket, requiring others to be discovered. That's where the player driven guides could come into play. However having that initial guide to guarantee you a relatively straight path to success would be pretty cool. 

Comments

• The main reason I'm into MUDs is the social community aspect in an imagined world.  Modern graphical MMORPGs seem to have lost the random player encounters which I loved so much in early online games.  

I plan on RP and group play on every level of the game (exploration, quests, battles, mentorship type stuff, inner organizations workings, etc).  I like the type of person who would play a MUD.

I look forward to playing with you all!
    Ataniiq
  • The main reason I'm into MUDs is the social community aspect in an imagined world.  Modern graphical MMORPGs seem to have lost the random player encounters which I loved so much in early online games.  

I plan on RP and group play on every level of the game (exploration, quests, battles, mentorship type stuff, inner organizations workings, etc).  I like the type of person who would play a MUD.

I look forward to playing with you all!
    I really hope that this iteration can garner a large following.  I prefer that random element, new faces, strangers, crowds.  A buzzing pirate sector, budding new pilots ripe for the guilt-free culling, for instance.  Or on the other hand a dangerous pirate faction dropping in uninvited - makes for an exciting text world.

The more players, in my experience, the merrier - all around, not just in pvp.  Unfortunate that MUDs seem to be slowly losing interest in their relevant communities, or more notably outside of those communities.  Graphic intensive games are replacing the more creative, meaningful, textual experience in MUDs.
    Pedagogical rumors of rumors fuel the cosmos

• I'd be wary about talking poorly of other genres of games just because they're newer - I've seen some incredibly creative, meaningful things come out of graphically intensive works.

It's like saying that Leonardo da Vinci was a terrible and unimaginative person because he wasn't Leo Tolstoy and didn't write incredible works of writing.
    As for the journey to 'level 100', I'm pretty confident that since the game's been in development for two years(!) it seems, that there will be at least a decent string of areas capable of grinding up. I'm sure the motivation will be 'ESCAPE THE NOVICE AREAS' which will be *flooded* most likely.
  • Pollivar said:
    I'd be wary about talking poorly of other genres of games just because they're newer - I've seen some incredibly creative, meaningful things come out of graphically intensive works.

It's like saying that Leonardo da Vinci was a terrible and unimaginative person because he wasn't Leo Tolstoy and didn't write incredible works of writing.
    As for the journey to 'level 100', I'm pretty confident that since the game's been in development for two years(!) it seems, that there will be at least a decent string of areas capable of grinding up. I'm sure the motivation will be 'ESCAPE THE NOVICE AREAS' which will be *flooded* most likely.

@Aurelius or @Tecton said the newbie quest areas would be instanced which is ridiculously awesome.
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.