Skip to content

Appreciation Thread

So I'm super happy about this finally happening. And I know we've all had frustrations but I thought it would be nice for us to express gratitude for all the hard work that's gone into this. So fuckin' thanks @Aurelius @Tecton and all the beta testers and all the other players for making this great. I'm excited to actually have the attention to devote to Starmourn tomorrow.
I'm gone.

Comments

• I agree. I haven't played any MUDs for a while, and I'm loving Starmourn so far.
  • Gotta say, been taking my time with everything so far, but having an absolute blast.
  • Just wanted to say thanks guys, it's great so far. Everything, even being stuck was kinda different! appreciate the work
  • I grew up on IRE games, and this is like coming home as an adult and seeing how much your little town has changed in all the best ways. The potential here is incredible, and the game itself is instantly fun and satisfying to play. 10/10 on Rotten Tomatoes.
  • 10 out of 5 yall
    *claps wildly*
  • I have barely scratched the surface but I can honestly say that Starmourn is phenomenal.

The one thing i did not expect to enjoy so much was hacking. Simple, elegant and challenging. Wonderful stuff.

(Would be nice to have more lower level terminals to practice on in Song but even the higher level ones i know i will lose to are a blast to fiddle with.)
  • I am more of a high fantasy person, rather than of the sci-fi variety, so coming into Starmourn, I assumed I'd lose interest or not be impressed.

I was wrong!
    Mereas Eyrlock
    "They're excited, but poor."
    - Ilyos (August 2019)
  • I can't remember how to get from one space station to the other. I am still walking in circles going, hmm. I am happily confused!! Love it. 
  • edited December 2018
    I want to say thank you for many of the interfaces having numerical shortcuts such as News and Transfer. As someone who was hyped for the game since it's announcement but is stuck playing from a phone it saves my thumbs a ton of stress.
  • Well over a decade ago I played my first space MMO (EVE Online) and discovered that I actually really like sci-fi! I was so confused but also so intrigued and it led to some of the best gameplay experiences in my life. I wasn't sure if I'd ever have a similar experience again but Starmourn is giving me the same feelings, and I hope one day I will look back in just the same way. So far thank you for an excellent adventure!
  • I have to give it to the Admins, you are doing great and sorting bugs with vigour. We all know this is Open Beta, and it'll be a little while until things sort themselves out. But I have to say I am loving this so far, the interactions you can have with objects, denizens and the flexibility for attack strategies even when bashing is truly amazing.  
  • edited December 2018
    Eukelade said:
    Minion said:
    (Would be nice to have more lower level terminals to practice on in Song but even the higher level ones i know i will lose to are a blast to fiddle with.)

I added a few low level terminals around Song tonight - have fun finding these! Associated quests for them will be coming soon.
    By the way, found the quest giver for the lower levels and I love the quests. I don't know if you just whipped that up recently or not but it's phenomenal. Love that it's not the same quest/target/item every time. It has really drawn me into the faction more because it's such a well done quest.

Thank you so much!

EDIT to ADD: Also, whomever wrote the Atrium kids quest... just wonderful. I can totally relate.
  • I enjoyed the Atrium kids quest, too. :)
  • I really appreciate how the class fantasy has been established. Every time I see Iron Man I want to make a BEAST and every time I see Starlord I want to make a Scoundrel.

And I play a Fury because I am super edgy and wanted to be like Kirito. These are common archetypes but the way they've been described in their actions and abilities is very evocative and I really like it.