Skip to content

Fury Thread - Stay on topic.

To discuss class. Balance, tips, combos! A good game is built off supportive OOC communication! 

Comments

• edited December 2018
    From what I got before I left, the combo/rage mechanic felt a bit off. Not having a time limit on that (but still requiring that it follow after an attack) would make it 100* better. At the moment, the only way you can really do those combos is with very fast fingers or infinite aliases.

Also, why does Resistant (I get the rage requirement, sure, okay, that can stay) require you to use an attack beforehand? It'd make more sense as a longer out-of-combat cast buff maybe...?
  • edited December 2018
    Rage can fully expire while in combat at 100% if you don't use it. Not sure if that's intended either.

Moving out of your stance when you leave the room feels bad too. Gonna be a serious problem in pvp if they can just leave the room and screw your momentum over. 
  • Wuff said:
    From what I got before I left, the combo/rage mechanic felt a bit off. Not having a time limit on that (but still requiring that it follow after an attack) would make it 100* better. At the moment, the only way you can really do those combos is with very fast fingers or infinite aliases.

Also, why does Resistant (I get the rage requirement, sure, okay, that can stay) require you to use an attack beforehand? It'd make more sense as a longer out-of-combat cast buff maybe...?
    There's AB FULMINATION HARDEN for a more permanent defence buff.
  • The time frame to use your rage abilities is hard to even spot. And it does seem to expire REALLY fast.
  • edited December 2018
    The time frame to use your rage abilities is hard to even spot. And it does seem to expire REALLY fast.
    This is what combo is supposed to be used for...

Try combo gutrend upperlash into combo legspike strike on loop. 
  • What Albion said. Combos are exactly meant so that you do not have to write reflexes for everything!
    Starmourn Launch Countdown:
    https://countingdownto.com/?c=2341194
  • Albion said:
    The time frame to use your rage abilities is hard to even spot. And it does seem to expire REALLY fast.
    This is what combo is supposed to be used for...

Try combo gutrend upperlash into combo legspike strike on loop. 
    That'll work hunting I forsee a problem with this in pvp though
     You dont usually want to queue a situational attack before you know if it's going to work right. 

Thank you though!
    1. You're not always going to be using the same combo as pointed out below.
    2. Even without this to worry about, you're going to need about a dozen aliases/triggers/reflexes or whatever just to cycle once.
    3. Loops, especially with how our escape from rooms work, will be deadly in PvP or even PvE if we mess up.
  • There is an Imperian class that works similarly, with stances that change based on attacks and attacks that require certain stances.

On a basic level, you just need to create if statements that try for specific goals (damage, afflictions, whatever) and do their best to get there based on your starting position.
  • There is an Imperian class that works similarly, with stances that change based on attacks and attacks that require certain stances.

On a basic level, you just need to create if statements that try for specific goals (damage, afflictions, whatever) and do their best to get there based on your starting position.
    I played Idras in Imperian, I'm not sure if that class is as complex as Fury now. Although, it was back when calotropis was a herb cure and I abused the hell out of that and metrazol ciguatoxin. Imo, I think Shikudo is a better comparison.

Changing combos on queue isn't that hard since balance is 3.5s. Shikudo in Achaea is a lot harder than this since you have balance recovery on 2s.
  • You can actually change what your next rage ability will be even after doing COMBO. Like so:

You: Blade Gutrend -> an iridescent opal beetle.
    You pivot in place, slashing an iridescent opal beetle horizontally across its body with a gutrending strike
    of a Kinmokusei I kithblade.
    Damage Dealt: 97 impact
    Balance used: 3.50s.
    You will execute the upperlash rage maneuver when you can.
    H: 1120/1315 R: 14.00% [-WC] [17.19] 
    You must recover balance before you can do that.
    H: 1120/1315 R: 14.00% [-WC] [17.19] rage resistant
    You will execute the resistant rage maneuver when you can.
    You: Kith Stance Ember.
    You flow smoothly into the Ember stance.
    You: Rage Resistant.
    You focus your rage to become more resistant to damage.
  • Albion said:
    There is an Imperian class that works similarly, with stances that change based on attacks and attacks that require certain stances.

I played Idras in Imperian, I'm not sure if that class is as complex as Fury now. Although, it was back when calotropis was a herb cure and I abused the hell out of that and metrazol ciguatoxin. Imo, I think Shikudo is a better comparison.

Changing combos on queue isn't that hard since balance is 3.5s. Shikudo in Achaea is a lot harder than this since you have balance recovery on 2s.
    Well, Idras had about about six stances. Each attack in their 3 or 4 attack combo would change the stance. So stance would actually change 3-4 times during an attack. While you might want to target someone's left leg three times, say, there were two or three starting stances that would make that completely impossible. Your resulting combos had to keep all that in mind.

They were pretty fast, too. If I remember right my balance time for most types of attacks was 1.7s.

That's why every combo I had (alias or button or whatever) had at least six if statements, or possibly a multiple of six if there were situational concerns, for every type of attack. So I had my break-their-left-leg button and my pin-them-to-the-ground button, and so on.

Tedious pain in the butt to implement, but pretty satisfactory when you get it done.
  • The one thing I do not like about the combo command is it removes the "available attacks" and "available rage attacks" messages. I ended up adding my own similar prompts via triggers just so I can always see what my options are. It helps a lot starting out, in particular, since attack names and stances aren't really ingrained in my mind.

Jerax said:
    Wuff said:

There's AB FULMINATION HARDEN for a more permanent defence buff.

I'm pretty sure that only reduces muscular subsystem damage, not health damage.
  • Albion said:
    There is an Imperian class that works similarly, with stances that change based on attacks and attacks that require certain stances.

Well, Idras had about about six stances. Each attack in their 3 or 4 attack combo would change the stance. So stance would actually change 3-4 times during an attack. While you might want to target someone's left leg three times, say, there were two or three starting stances that would make that completely impossible. Your resulting combos had to keep all that in mind.

They were pretty fast, too. If I remember right my balance time for most types of attacks was 1.7s.

That's why every combo I had (alias or button or whatever) had at least six if statements, or possibly a multiple of six if there were situational concerns, for every type of attack. So I had my break-their-left-leg button and my pin-them-to-the-ground button, and so on.

Tedious pain in the butt to implement, but pretty satisfactory when you get it done.
    Difference is that Idras is a prep class, and being efficient with your balance isn't that important, but eh, that's not what this thread is for. I can probably make do with about 8 keybinds for both bflow and rage though (changing variable for combos depending on stance).

Jerax said:
    You can actually change what your next rage ability will be even after doing COMBO.
    I don't see this mattering for regular stances (except changing upperlash for stun), but this might be important for Unstoppable just because of how many rage abilities there are in that stance. Haven't tested or unlocked that yet though. 

• Jerax said:
    You can actually change what your next rage ability will be even after doing COMBO. Like so:

You: Blade Gutrend -> an iridescent opal beetle.
    You pivot in place, slashing an iridescent opal beetle horizontally across its body with a gutrending strike
    of a Kinmokusei I kithblade.
    Damage Dealt: 97 impact
    Balance used: 3.50s.
    You will execute the upperlash rage maneuver when you can.
    You must recover balance before you can do that.
    H: 1120/1315 R: 14.00% [-WC] [17.19] rage resistant
    You will execute the resistant rage maneuver when you can.
    You: Kith Stance Ember.
    You flow smoothly into the Ember stance.
    You: Rage Resistant.
    You focus your rage to become more resistant to damage.
    Is that damage dealt message part of the default settings you can configure? How is that done? That'd be really helpful to have! 
  • CONFIG SHOWDAMAGE
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • Which attacks only work when bashing, or can we use all Battleflow/Rage attacks on them?
  • Reon said:
    Which attacks only work when bashing, or can we use all Battleflow/Rage attacks on them?
    You can read about it in the AB descriptions, but almost all work both in bashing and in PvP. Not that I've had much success im trying to topole rodents, but the attacks do land :)
  • Is stance tracked in gmcp? Or are most people just building stance tracking off triggers for now?
    Eukelade gives you a peck on the cheek.
  • Tye said:
    Is stance tracked in gmcp? Or are most people just building stance tracking off triggers for now?

Yeah, triggers. Couldn't find it in GMCP.
  • Has anyone been able to determine if the Rage attacks DMG relies on STR or PSY? My guess from the descriptions would be STR, but if so, then PSY would only influence our damage in Fulmination attacks, which are, at least for me, quite rarely the best option.  
  • Makes more sense to be Str, you're physically hitting them
  • I agree it looks reasonable, I was wondering if anyone had anything solid on this. Because if it's STR, I see little reason to be putting points in PSY.
  • kaykay
    edited December 2018
    Well, the fulmination attacks aren’t bad. About comparable to battleflow/rage in damage. Actually outpaced them until you get something to buff the battleflow damage like windshape or berserk. It looks like it does less, until you do the calculations for dps, as fulmination attacks are on a 3 second timer, rather than the 3.5 of battleflow.

Further, fulmination attacks can be set up for other things(quicksand for sandstorm, ignite to increase plasma damage taken, fever for damage and debuts over time) and have some aoe that doesn’t require setting up the right stance. 

In short fulmination has its uses, and if you want to go a route for that for pve it is perfectly doable. PvP probably not so much, since it doesn’t have the... scaling battleflow/rage does.
  • Kith windshape buffs kith burn as well so yeah... 
  • What do people use to bash with? I was doing blade assault on loop and then swapped to kith burn on loop because I saw it do more damage for less balance recovery time. It seems I missed the whole memo on combos so am I doing it completely wrong? 
  • Minei said:
    What do people use to bash with? I was doing blade assault on loop and then swapped to kith burn on loop because I saw it do more damage for less balance recovery time. It seems I missed the whole memo on combos so am I doing it completely wrong? 
    You're doing it right, mobs drop in 4-6 burns. 
  • So... I had a post here, went into a little bit of depth on basic numbers for burn with windshape, burn with windshape and berserk, battlefury/rage combos with windshape, and battlefury/rage combos with windshape and berserk. All with base 150 stats to keep it as even as possible.

Ultimately it boiled down to the numbers being close enough on the whole that you could use either, but burn was slightly more damaging. Until berserk was used, then battlefury/rage won out.

Then I went to edit it to put the numbers in a code block, and the forums ate my post. So... Yeah. It's gone now.
  • kay said:
    Then I went to edit it to put the numbers in a code block, and the forums ate my post. So... Yeah. It's gone now.
    Same thing happened to me when I tried to link a tool I'd written. Had a long post written out, then edited it to add code blocks, and poof...

Minei said:
    What do people use to bash with? I was doing blade assault on loop and then swapped to kith burn on loop because I saw it do more damage for less balance recovery time. It seems I missed the whole memo on combos so am I doing it completely wrong? 
    Yeah, conventional wisdom for now is that burn is the way to go for lower levels, but as we start hitting mobs that take longer to die, it'll probably be best for us to switch to battleflow/rage combos.
    Stance Helper: An interactive way to learn the ins and outs of Fury stances
    http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-starmourn.html
  • Are there crits? I haven't gotten one yet but of there are crits battleflow will be the way to go.