Skip to content

Racial/Cultural Inquiries

2»

Comments

• I could answer the question about the nusriza. If not for actual smiling, they are extremely "vocal" with their hand movements and are said to be one of the most expressionary races there is.
  • Malash said:
    Errant said:
    I'm really interested in Decheeran culture. 
    So far, it seems to largely revolve around tree puns.
    *flutters eyelashes innocently*
  • Groot said:
    Malash said:
    Errant said:
    If you want a deeper cultural background,  may need to branch out into other cultures  when laying down your roots. 
  • edited November 2018
    I need details on Jin-- are they always purple? Does Magenta count? Is there any variety in hue, or just kind of the saturation of purples?
  • Borran said:
    Groot said:
    Malash said:
    Errant said:
    If you want a deeper cultural background,  may need to branch out into other cultures  when laying down your roots. 
    Make sure to leaf through the pages on the website, but don't ask me cuz you'll be barking up the wrong tree. Maybe check the developers logs. Chlorophyll.
  • Are Decheerans vegetarian by choice or because their physiology actually does not permit digestion of meats? Could a wild, abandoned treeperson in a remote planet be carnivorous to survive? 
  • That's how you get Audrey III.
  • Given that only a few hundred criminals living on a penal colony removed from Earth were the only humans to survive and reproduce, to what extent did human culture and knowledge as we know it survive? 
    I largely ask this so we know what's safe to reference or bring up in an in-character fashion. Ancient history, modern texts or pop culture, memes, particular words, etc. 
  • Amondrask said:
    Given that only a few hundred criminals living on a penal colony removed from Earth were the only humans to survive and reproduce, to what extent did human culture and knowledge as we know it survive? 
    I largely ask this so we know what's safe to reference or bring up in an in-character fashion. Ancient history, modern texts or pop culture, memes, particular words, etc. 
    I used to work at a prison in New Mexico, and lemme tell ya based on the way those guys and gals act, the future of these humans looks very bleak
  • edited December 2018
    Hello! I am sort of last-minute trying to get my knowledge up to speed as the Starmourn release approaches.

I remember reading that there will be a non-binary pronoun option for individual characters, but I'm curious to know if there will be any humanoid player races/organizations that culturally do not use the gender binary? Something along the lines of the Gethenians or Radchaai, for any sci-fi readers out there. I think the Decheerans are a really neat idea, but I am wondering if there might be options for players who do not want to play in the Song Dominion, would rather play something more humanoid, and/or prefer 'they' to 'it' pronouns.

I don't mean to be greedy - I am grateful for the expanded gender options that have already been announced! I just want to be sure I know the options as I start to plan out my character.

Thank you all, and I look forward to playing!

ETA: If this isn't something that already exists in lore, would anyone else be interested in collaborating on a player-created culture/org like this?
  • @capheus Individually you have that option. There are no other races that collectively use non-binary pronouns though.
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.