Skip to content

Player-run Organizations/Clans

In search of any player run organizations around. Feel free to post here. Maybe to advertise you and your group?

Comments

• A Song Dominion based organization is an idea that appeals to me, in particular one focused as much on the market / resource / crafting mechanics as combat. The placeholder name is Nova Tetryon, based on the Amaian shipbuilding foundry, where DecheeransNusrizaAmaians, and Ry'nari RP'ers can work to further their craft, their wallets, and the cause of the Dominion.  My assumption is that involvement in the player economy will lead to more capital and better gear for the combatants and explorers, who in turn can ensure the expansion of resource extraction and industry.

For RP purposes the structure would be a quasi-corporate/military structure, though rather relaxed, so that different races would all be treated equallty based on merit (e.g. Amaians, who respect military meritocracy, won't have to annoy everyone).  We would likely also accept the non-Ascendancy races who hail from Scatterhome (i.e. anyone but  W'hoorn, Nath-el, Shen, and Tukkav) if they have necessary skills and we have a good business relationship or need.  I think a fun RP aspect would be frowning upon business transactions with the Ascendency (which no doubt some members will skirt around to gain access to that market), and directing our combat efforts in that direction.  I'd likely want a structure where I didn't have to act as the sole leader due to IRL time constraints, as well as the absurdity of a new unskilled character being in charge of other new unskilled characters.  I figure as the need for organization arises we would promote directors or lieutenants as needed.

Totally open to changing pieces around, receiving input, and having fun with it!
  • I'm planning on making a clan just based on space exploration and discovery of new planets. It would be based in scatterhome, as I'm going to live there, and it would be open to all races and cities. Our main goal would be to try and reach every corner of the universe, and once we colonised several other planets, if it were possible and we became big enough, we would try and see if the mods could let us actually set up a city. (With me as the head of course!)

In terms of rp, we'd have a fairly care-free lifestyle, but if someone stepped outa line they would end up dumped in the void of space.

Also Sairys perhaps your explorers and my explorers could work out a little deal? You get the void kith, we get all the other stuff?
  • I've already been building a Scatterhome mafia. We have a few good people that we all like and trust. I'm sure once the game starts proper we'll end up recruiting, but who knows?
  • Tanis said:
    I've already been building a Scatterhome mafia. We have a few good people that we all like and trust. I'm sure once the game starts proper we'll end up recruiting, but who knows?
    OOooooo.
    @Tanis would it be possible for me to join? You need a getaway pilot?
  • @Sairys I'd like to volunteer to the Novice Network  =)
    Starmourn Launch Countdown:
    https://countingdownto.com/?c=2341194
  • I have no set plans since the game has not yet opened and I prefer to let my character develop organically so this may be less important to her later. BUT! I can see her being involved in some sort of clan dedicated to the Angel of Scrapston and also one dedicated to W'hoorn history, particularly their former devotion to W'hoorn deities.

Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • Kuraksvi said:
    Also Sairys perhaps your explorers and my explorers could work out a little deal? You get the void kith, we get all the other stuff?
    Possible, I imagine the group (Kinda thinking "Void Corps" if they're SD) would have a tertiary interest in data on other forms of kith with buying and selling information being a means to an end for them.

Quean said:
    @Sairys I'd like to volunteer to the Novice Network  =)
    Heh, the more the merrier but I think it's the sorta thing each civ would set up and interpret for themselves.

So like SD might have "Boot Camp", maybe CA has like "EduCorp", and SH has "How to be useful and not die school"(?).
  • Sairys said:
    SH has "How to be useful and not die school"(?).
    Cantina College.
  • Sairys said:
    SH has "How to be useful and not die school"(?).
    Cantina College.
    The School of Hard Knocks?
  • Sign me up for Nova Tetryon!!
  • A group of Decheerans in exile on Scatterhome. Those who have become disaffected with the Song and Celestine, then let it grow based on those who join. We might have to accept more than just plant peeps, though. I don't know if there are enough of us yet.
  • I have no plans for instating any sort of player run organization myself, not now at least, but am keeping an eye on this thread and enjoy seeing what people are coming up with! I think by nature my character will be somewhat of a solo operator, but will likely have associations with a few less committal organizations-- maybe those practicing a certain craft, an underground blackmarket collective represented by a multitude of individuals who might normally not get on, a galactic soup kitchen, cosmic drag racers-- loose more recreational type options geared towards casual RP scenarios and interactions.
  • I plan to have friends and business associates, but no interest, at this time, of joining anything more formally.
  • Shende has been thinking of forming a military-minded order focused on the military protection and advancement of the Celestine Ascendancy. W'hoorn founded and (at least primarily) W'hoorn run, it would be a strength-focused meritocracy, less of an organization and more a collection of like-minded warriors and soldiers from across the Ascendancy. For a name, I had in mind either 'The Sorassi', after the ancient W'hoorn Goddess of the Hunt, or 'The Order of Ascendants', after the Ascendancy itself. 

Thoughts? Any interest?
  • Clan or dynasty?
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • Definitely a clan. Though Shende's dynasty might be closely involved with it, this clan would take any warrior who could prove their strength. Strength, honor, and prowess in battle would, ideally, be valued over any blood relationship or familial connection. 

And I'm beginning to really like the Sorassi as a name for this hypothetical clan. Sorass was the W'hoorn god of the hunt, and invoking her name really gets across the sense of tribal connection and warrior spirit I'm going for.
  • I might be interested though I am still learning my way around let alone knowing how to fight. But I plan to get there eventually.
  • Song have talked about some faction-run clans.