Skip to content

Race Poll

edited August 2017 in The Commsphere

Which race are you planning on playing?

http://www.starmourn.com/races/

(Note: Shen, Nusriza, Amaians, and Krona are bunched together because there are only 10 options in the poll, and these races don't seem to be getting too much interest as of yet)
Ataniiq

Comments

• As cool as all the races are.. I think, personally, I would get more from experiencing them from an outside perspective as a human. Sort of like playing a Mass Effect game for the first time: we know humans. But Krogan, Salarians, Turians, all essentially unknown aside from our initial judgements until we learn more about them.

Those of you choosing other races have a HUGE amount of respect from me. Taking on that challenge won't be easy but I'm dying to see what everyone comes up with.
    Zhill says, "Drats."
    You say to Zhill, "Thanks anyways! I'm gonna go break more things!"
    Zhill tells you, "You show'em!"
    You joyfully tell Zhill, "I sure will!"
    You laughingly tell Zhill, "Or I'll die horribly! Ahahaha!"
  • May you have a good life, and a better death.
  • But if I've sprouted new Decheerans, do I really die when this form falls?
  • I'm actually still waiting to see what the last class is... but as of right now I'm thinking a B.E.A.S.T. Krona.
  • After finding out you can choose whatever race and not worry about locked stats a Ry'nari Scoundrel has caught my attention.
  • Feeling so alone in the Shen department :(
  • i like ry'nari cause it's a dinasour in a beast class it's like a leagend in a robot mode
    There's too much blood in my caffeine system
  • Ry'nari engi or scoundrel, krona demolitions expert (I hope to see class like this) and jin master of some kithblades
  • Jin leading the way 
  • Villanox said:
    Feeling so alone in the Shen department :(
    I'm incredibly surprised the Shen aren't more popular in this poll. I had a guess that they or the Jin would be a favorite. Looks like the Jin are more popular for now.
  • @Andrew Would have liked to have 12 polling options for all the races, but the forum limits it to 10 unfortunately.  I predict we will see more Shen players with time.
    Ataniiq
  • Elgan used to be among the most popular but I'm guessing learning that stats would not be tied to race changed a few minds.
  • Jerom said:
    Elgan used to be among the most popular but I'm guessing learning that stats would not be tied to race changed a few minds.
    Why do you think so?
  • Khargal said:
    Jerom said:
    Elgan used to be among the most popular but I'm guessing learning that stats would not be tied to race changed a few minds.
    Why do you think so?
    Just a random guess. When you look at the 'What's your favorite race and why' thread, you can see that Elgan was in the top two. But afterwards, Tecton announced that stats would not be tied to race and lots of people grew excited to that idea. And I feel that some of them might have changed their original intention because of that. I'm not complaining! I like belonging to a race that is not overly popular :)
  • edited August 2017
    Jerom said:
    Khargal said:
    Jerom said:
    Why do you think so?
    Just a random guess. When you look at the 'What's your favorite race and why' thread, you can see that Elgan was in the top two. But afterwards, Tecton announced that stats would not be tied to race and lots of people grew excited to that idea. And I feel that some of them might have changed their original intention because of that. I'm not complaining! I like belonging to a race that is not overly popular :)
    But why would it affect any race's popularity? I mean, we don't even really know how stats are going to work yet.  You make it sound like people were somehow assuming Elgan would be somehow superior in that department and have now been disabused of the notion :P

ETA: Elgans are still one of the most popular races according to the pool, too :proud:
  • Ry'nari, or Krona. I picked Krona in the poll because it was what I wanted to play originally.
  • And not a single vote for Nath-el still. No love for bugs  >:)
  • I am still dealing with Kephara(bug race) in Lusternia with the whole hive mind thing so not going to choose a hive race at first.... but I am not going to say never to Nath-el. A Nath-el drug addict might prove interesting to play but going to check out the other races before that.
  • Arsentar said:
    Jerom said:
    Khargal said:
    Jerom said:
    Why do you think so?
    But why would it affect any race's popularity? I mean, we don't even really know how stats are going to work yet.  You make it sound like people were somehow assuming Elgan would be somehow superior in that department and have now been disabused of the notion :P

ETA: Elgans are still one of the most popular races according to the pool, too :proud:
    Bleh. When I wrote that comment there were only 2 or 3 votes for Elgan. And like I said, it was just a random guess, I don't presume to know how people think.
  • Ry'nari all the way! Can't wait.
  • We require more w'hoorns. There is not enough of them to make ttrademark ry'nari cloak
  • Khargal said:
    We require more w'hoorns. There is not enough of them to make ttrademark ry'nari cloak
    Oddly enough, that's helping tip my decision toward w'hoorn rather than human.
    Vote for Starmourn! Don't hurt Poffy.
  • uric17 said:
    i like ry'nari cause it's a dinasour in a beast class it's like a leagend in a robot mode

It makes me think of that picture of the T-Rex with a grabber in each hand. It's a hoot.
  • uric17 said:
    i like ry'nari cause it's a dinasour in a beast class it's like a leagend in a robot mode

It makes me think of that picture of the T-Rex with a grabber in each hand. It's a hoot.

• edited August 2017
    heh heh heh heh... my favourite skype emoji. 
    Ataniiq
  • Giant wookies anybody?
  • edited August 2017
    I can see an Elgan scoundrel being fun. Or mini-B.E.A.S.T. They ARE known to dabble in handheld weaponry and tech after all. Elgans kind of remind me of Gremlins....nice Gremlins, but Gremlins all the same.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall set me free.

----
    Almost dead yesterday, maybe dead tomorrow, but alive, gloriously alive, today.
    ----
    I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

• Oddly I expected humans to be much less popular than this poll shows, but I'm not surprised by the Jin.
  • TTTUUUKKKKAAAAVVVV!!!!!! Tukkav BEAST to be specific, Zion's going to be frreckin' huge!!