Skip to content

Questions about Nisriza

I read that the Nisriza are monogamous, but since they are highly sexual, are they able to date, marry, and even have sexual relations with members of other races?

What is their general alignment? (i.e, are they good, evil, or neutral?)

Since they have a very complex language with 14 tones, would this mean they are the most intelligent race than all the others in general?

It seems that Nisriza are both bird/reptile mixed together as one race. Are there subspecies of Nisriza? i.e, more bird-like Nisriza and more lizard-like Nisriza?

And lastly, are there any special artifacts or kith powers that allows flight for the Nisriza?

Thanks for reading. I look forward to answers!

Comments

• edited November 2018
    I don't think any of the races have a natural alignment towards "good" or "evil" as described in typical fantasy games or settings.  I don't get the sense that any of the races are out to cause oppression/suffering for its own sake (not that this is the only standard for evil, but it's the norm for the trope I think you have in mind).  Conflict seems it will be far more driven by differences in cultural or civilizational values (not to mention economics and survival) rather than polarity in terms of absolute good and evil. 

• Nusrizan said:
    It seems that Nisriza are both bird/reptile mixed together as one race. Are there subspecies of Nisriza? i.e, more bird-like Nisriza and more lizard-like Nisriza?

Birds are just another type of reptile.
  • Kaedok said:
    Nusrizan said:

Birds are just another type of reptile.
    In the same way that humans are, yes. In all other ways no.
  • Don't birds share a much more recent common ancestor with crocodiles, and (slightly less recent than that) with other reptiles, when compared to mammals? 

It was my understanding that birds are closer to reptiles than mammals, similar to how birds and reptiles together are closer to mammals than frogs.
  • edited November 2018
    Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but it's my understanding that both mammals and birds came into existence during roughly the same time period, in the Jurassic.
  • I'm doubtful there would be any Kith artifacts for them in any capacity, as acceptance of Kith in general is a very recent thing. You won't find many if any ten thousand year old orders of Furies.

And I'm doubtful there is any true subspecies aside from when they are born and then ingest a special meat to rapidly change into a humanoid Nusriza

I see no reason they can't have relationships outside their race, not like they die without touching feathers. Alignment isn't there really, but if you twisted my arm I'd say chaotic good seeing how they just overthrew their religious dogma.

Tip: If you want to RP vety limited flight, void Kith to defy gravity, or sun Kith to basically turn your feet into primitive emission engines.
  • Malash said:
    Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here, but it's my understanding that both mammals and birds came into existence during roughly the same time period, in the Jurassic.
    Sorta! Mammals evolved from a line that had already broken off into tiny warmblooded generalists before the whole mass extinction mess, birds are more defined as being only 'recently' diverging from dinosaurs proper I believe during/after the mass extinctions. Feathers are in essence an adapted form of scale rather than hair for example.

I'm open to being wrong but that's what I recall.
  • I'm on my phone (and in China) so sometimes these links are broken. But the following image helps describe what I was trying to get at. 

https://tse2-mm.cn.bing.net/th?id=OIP.SILxd3-n8d1RKwXWnJRfnQHaGL&pid=1.1

Also, the time at which two species evolved (or first appear on the fossil record or whatever) doesn't necessarily inform us at all about the evolutionary relationship between the two. They may have happened to evolve at exactly the same time, but not necessarily be related to each other at all. 

To bring this a little more on track, I imagine it is perfectly fine to have a slightly more or less reptilian Nusriza, so long as you don't start stepping on the toes of Rynari. Think more "archaeopteryx" I guess? 
  • Nusrizan said:

I read that the Nisriza are monogamous, but since they are highly sexual, are they able to date, marry, and even have sexual relations with members of other races?
    Don't see why not. Western culture is largely monogamous but that doesn't stop people from doing all those you listed. Now whether they can successfully have offspring with other races would be another question that I'm not sure many people can answer.
  • A number of Raptors also had feathers during the ages of the dinosaurs which later evolved into birds, thus the term Raptors being used for birds of prey. I believe this is the origin for the Nusriza's appearance. Feathers assist in creating a more aerodynamic form and making it possible to change direction in mid air. As well as conserving body heat.