Skip to content

NPC Dialogue Options

One thing that usually disappoints me about MUDs - Interactions with NPC's are binary, a yes and a no.

That is, until I played Imperian! Not only are there more options than yes or no, I can also type highlighted keywords to learn more about the quests and the lore. Full conversations happen in Imperian that are completely unrelated to what the questgiver wants from you and instead focus on world-building. Will Starmourn have this feature? Will it build on the idea? From what I've read, it looks like you've been building a lot from scratch. I'd appreciate an answer, if you can give one.

Comments

• Yes, pretty much all of our NPCS have dialogue trees! I'm sure they'll continue to be fleshed out with more lore and interesting discussion topics post-launch too!
  • Heh, I'm just imagining the perfectionist in me talking to the one NPC for hours on end, and trying to uncover their ENTIRE dialogue tree.
  • Tecton said:
    Yes, pretty much all of our NPCS have dialogue trees! I'm sure they'll continue to be fleshed out with more lore and interesting discussion topics post-launch too!
    Wow, that's amazing. I was already excited before, but now my hype level is at maximum!
  • Kuraksvi said:
    Heh, I'm just imagining the perfectionist in me talking to the one NPC for hours on end, and trying to uncover their ENTIRE dialogue tree.
    Keep in mind that we're a very small staff making a fairly expansive game. The dialogue trees don't really go that deep/broad. ;)