Skip to content

Will armor and weapon upkeep be substantial and will certain classes have more than others?

edited September 2018 in Questions and Answers
Will armor/weapon upkeep be the same across the classes? In my experience in some of the IRE games, equipment upkeep has suffered greatly between classes. What sort of upkeep should we expect? Will there be other types equipment upkeep costs outside armor and weapons? I realize the issue of whether it is substantial can be somewhat subjective and relative. And I suppose it also depends upon how much quality is affected by the creation process of the craftsman.

That’s another good question if I can squeeze it in here: will statistical quality of weapons/armor be greatly affected by the crafter and crafting process? Are weapon stats even a thing to worry about?
As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
Jin
VOTE FOR STARMOURN
Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
GrootToday at 2:16 PM
  if there's no kittens in space
  I'm going on a rampage
TectonToday at 2:17 PM
  They're called w'hoorn, Groot
  sets out a saucer of milk

Comments

• Lovely answer from the best! This is just another reason why Starmourn will be the best ever.
    Pedagogical rumors of rumors fuel the cosmos

• edited September 2018
    Thanks for the answer! I think I knew that about armor/weapon drops, but I had forgotten and that fleshed out my understanding for sure. Appreciate that!

I love that there's some realism there with wear and tear, but that it's not a huge chore to repair. That's a tough balance to maintain, but looking at what you wrote, it's looking good so far.
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • I imagine the engineers might have more to upkeep because of turrets and such. Or, are the engineer things considered 'consumable' and constructed each fight, or after several fights?
  • Lhundrup said:
    I imagine the engineers might have more to upkeep because of turrets and such. Or, are the engineer things considered 'consumable' and constructed each fight, or after several fights?
    Turrets are consumables, yes, you can break down your turrets after combat too, to save yourself some resources.
  • Tecton said:
    Classes generally have a similar amount of weapons/armor to maintain, only +1 on BEAST and -1 on Fury. Weapon and armor takes damage with use, and require repair, but this is trivial in terms of time needed to maintain them (there's a config option to automatically do this every time you walk through a repair shop). 

Weapons and armor aren't crafted by players at all, they're item drops from bashing, so there's a wider array of different stats available across the various level bands.

Players with the appropriate tradeskills can craft mods for weapons and armor, which have multiple varying effects on each item.

Will there be a way for us to customise our weaponry without paying the standard 50cr or getting a weapon artifact? For example if I get a nice dagger drop, can I turn it into 'a dagger with a blue-enamelled handle' for a throwaway fee?

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood