Skip to content

B.E.A.S.Tly Questions!

Is there any intention of allowing a technician to operate independently of their suit? Will the technician be able to exit their suit? Make modifications? Change weapon systems or senor arrays? Will they be air conditioned?

Comments

• While we're asking questions! Will we be able to set a description for the B.E.A.S.T. suit visible to others?
  • Oh, rats. I was reading the Q&A and looks like there is no current intentions of allowing technicians to operate out of their suits. So, they are going to be more like cyborgs that power suit operators.
  • Dnarris said:
    Oh, rats. I was reading the Q&A and looks like there is no current intentions of allowing technicians to operate out of their suits. So, they are going to be more like cyborgs that power suit operators.
    From memory this is more that the BEASTs won't be able to use any of their class skills outside their suit.
  • edited October 2018
    You can exit your B.E.A.S.T. suit and walk around without it from what I remember. You aren’t able to use the class abilities then though. There are some other threads that have that answer.

You basically have your choice of a few different weapons for the three or so slots.
    As T'rath has pierced the veil, so will I, and so will my life become complete in a good death.
    Jin
    VOTE FOR STARMOURN
    Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM
    teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
    GrootToday at 2:16 PM
      if there's no kittens in space
      I'm going on a rampage
    TectonToday at 2:17 PM
      They're called w'hoorn, Groot
      sets out a saucer of milk
  • Sairys said:
    Dnarris said:
    Oh, rats. I was reading the Q&A and looks like there is no current intentions of allowing technicians to operate out of their suits. So, they are going to be more like cyborgs that power suit operators.
    From memory this is more that the BEASTs won't be able to use any of their class skills outside their suit.
    Qitorien said:
    You can exit your B.E.A.S.T. suit and walk around without it from what I remember. You aren’t able to use the class abilities then though. There are some other threads that have that answer.

You basically have your choice of a few different weapons for the three or so slots.
    Awesome! I'm happy with that. It makes perfect sense to not be able to use any ability that would require the suit. 
  • Options from the discord

missile or railgun, netlauncher or minigun, wristblade or shield
  • Hrm, the choice will be difficult.  I'm wondering what the trade offs will be for various weapons.