Skip to content

PvP Opt-in

I originally asked this on the discord (which everyone should join! </shameless_plug>) but what sort of opt-in options do PvP'ers have? I know that other IRE's have systems in place so that people interested in fighting can have free reign without having to ask or guess who wants in or not. Achaea has the Dauntless & Champions/Assassins, Imperian has Champions & Monoliths for a few examples. How will this work with work with regards to Org loyalties or tracking? Is it going to be voluntary or as a consequence to specific actions (like constantly attacking people)?

Comments

• We have the lawless system, which is a public, opt-in system for "open pk". You can EMBRACE LAWLESSNESS to join, and RENOUNCE LAWLESSNESS to leave. Once you join, there's a minimum playtime requirement until you can renounce.
  • Does embracing lawlessness cause the Space Police (by whatever name) to view you as hostile?
  • Malash said:
    Does embracing lawlessness cause the Space Police (by whatever name) to view you as hostile?
    Not at this time, we've got plans for further expansion of the system in the future, but for launch, it will solely be an open pk status flag.
  • So you can’t be attacked unless you’re lawless? Or does lawless act like dauntless, mark, infamous etc in achaea.
  • Villanox said:
    So you can’t be attacked unless you’re lawless? Or does lawless act like dauntless, mark, infamous etc in achaea.
    Like dauntless, means you can be attacked at any time with no RP justification.
  • @Villanox
    I asked on discord and Tecton replied that for everyone not specifically lawless, it will work like Achaea/Aetolia (and probably the others): RP-PVP. 

Basically, and I'm more or less quoting: don't be a jerk and you can do whatever.

I like that personally. It means more admin work dealing with issues, which truly isn't a fun process for anyone - admin or players - but it does make the game better for the rest of the instances when people are not taking the piss.
  • edited October 2018
    Is there any benefit to embracing lawlessness, or is it solely for making people aware of the fact you're down for PvP whenever?

If I don't flag myself as lawless, can I still attack lawless characters if I'm bored and feel like picking a fight?

"They are elect to whom beautiful things mean only Beauty."
    — Oscar Wilde

"I'll take care of it, Luke said. And because he said it instead of her, I knew he meant kill. That is what you have to do before you kill, I thought. You have to create an it, where none was before."
    — Margaret Atwood

• No benefits to the status. And yes, lawless people are able to be jumped by anyone with or without RP justification.