Skip to content

Q+A Madness - September 2018

13»

Comments

• Groot said:
    What sort of newbie activities can we expect to do on release that's equivalent to rattings/butterflies/fishing/etc if any?
    Hrrm, nothing as mundane as rats/butterflying, mechanically!
  • Just to poke at BEAST armour again - how does it work, like, as an item? Is it something you need to park when you aren't using it, or does it hang out in your inventory?
  • Lindhrive said:
    Just to poke at BEAST armour again - how does it work, like, as an item? Is it something you need to park when you aren't using it, or does it hang out in your inventory?
    It functions like armor, so you don't really do much with it beyond upgrading it/repairing it/replacing it!
  • Lindhrive said:
    Just to poke at BEAST armour again - how does it work, like, as an item? Is it something you need to park when you aren't using it, or does it hang out in your inventory?
    Building on that, are BEAST weapons separate items? Can they be swapped out at any time?
  • Nanoseer questions since I want to be one!

1. Where did the idea of using a nanobot swarm as a method of attack come from?
    2. Are all nanogoggles/swarmgloves the same or can they be upgraded like other weapons
    3. The Empyreal known as Omega is talked about some, but what do we know about the Conqueror, the Traveler, the Progenitor, and the Sunderer? Are they the four that attacked Omega and possibly killed him/her/it?
    4. What are some of the cool abilities that nanite swarms can do (since I couldn't find anything but general info on them)
  • edited September 2018
    Groot said:
    Nanoseer questions since I want to be one!

2. Are all nanogoggles/swarmgloves the same or can they be upgraded like other weapons
    3. The Empyreal known as Omega is talked about some, but what do we know about the Conqueror, the Traveler, the Progenitor, and the Sunderer? Are they the four that attacked Omega and possibly killed him/her/it?
    4. What are some of the cool abilities that nanite swarms can do (since I couldn't find anything but general info on them)
    1. We wanted a good blend of tech and mysticism, fun tip, the class was originally called "techshaman" in development.
    2. Your gauntlet/goggles are upgradeable like normal weapons, yep.
    3. We know quite a bit, you, you'll have to wait and see.
    4. Lots of things, from repairing damaged props, disarming IEDs, through to triggering effects in the target's brain directly, or attaching themselves to the cortex of your foe so that you can see everything they do.
  • Answer #4 has me much more excited about the class now.

Also, do the tattoos get upgraded too, or is that just a lore/mechanic to explain how we control the kith?
  • Groot said:
    Answer #4 has me much more excited about the class now.

Also, do the tattoos get upgraded too, or is that just a lore/mechanic to explain how we control the kith?
    Tattoos do not get upgraded, they're more of a flavor thing.

• Do you have future classes planned/designed/outlined already?
  • Tecton said:
    Groot said:
    Nanoseer questions since I want to be one!

1. We wanted a good blend of tech and mysticism, fun tip, the class was originally called "techshaman" in development.
    2. Your gauntlet/goggles are upgradeable like normal weapons, yep.
    3. We know quite a bit, you, you'll have to wait and see.
    4. Lots of things, from repairing damaged props, disarming IEDs, through to triggering effects in the target's brain directly, or attaching themselves to the cortex of your foe so that you can see everything they do.
    Thanks for making my class selection even harder.
  • Orion said:
    Do you have future classes planned/designed/outlined already?
    We do have a couple of ideas recorded, nothing in-depth though!
  • Tecton said:
    Groot said:
    Sounds like a much more interesting version of how Anarchy Online uses nanoswarms to replace magic. Might have to alt this....

From earlier "assuming you have your bots with you, which you should, since you'll be using them for bashing and a lot of general utility!"
    What kind of "general utility" will I be using my bots for? Like, carry the loot? Or something more interesting like tracking, hacking, EVA to work on my ship...?
  • I'm gonna be that guy and ask if there is a guesstimate for a release? I want this game like Eminem wants Rhianna.

Bang

• bairloch said:
    Tecton said:
    Groot said:
    Sounds like a much more interesting version of how Anarchy Online uses nanoswarms to replace magic. Might have to alt this....

From earlier "assuming you have your bots with you, which you should, since you'll be using them for bashing and a lot of general utility!"
    What kind of "general utility" will I be using my bots for? Like, carry the loot? Or something more interesting like tracking, hacking, EVA to work on my ship...?
    Not sure if you've looked the Engineer page, but it does briefly describe things like patrol paths etc. https://www.starmourn.com/classes/engineer/
  • edited October 2018
    Archi said:
    I'm gonna be that guy and ask if there is a guesstimate for a release? I want this game like Eminem wants Rhianna.
    The go-to answer seems to be, "When it's ready", but I know in another post recently they said they're still shooting for 2018. It was pointed out that 11:59:59 p.m., December 31, 2018 is still 2018, so...
  • Itheer said:
    bairloch said:
    Tecton said:
    Groot said:

Not sure if you've looked the Engineer page, but it does briefly describe things like patrol paths etc. https://www.starmourn.com/classes/engineer/
    Oh yeah, been all over that. But, to me, that's not "general utility". General utility is cleaning my ship.
  • Are W'hoorn strictly lion with wings, or are they more large cat with wings generic?
  • bairloch said:
    Tecton said:
    Groot said:

Tracking, picking up items from afar, moving props around, delivering items to other players - to name a few!
  • Archi said:
    I'm gonna be that guy and ask if there is a guesstimate for a release? I want this game like Eminem wants Rhianna.
    2018!
  • Dorc said:
    Are W'hoorn strictly lion with wings, or are they more large cat with wings generic?
    You're generally free to describe yourself as you want within the confines of your customisation, one thing to keep in mind is that W'hoorn have manes, so while I guess you don't need to strictly conform to "lion"-ness, you'll need to account for the mane.
  • And that's all the time we have for this Q+A session - great questions all around! If you missed the chance, or these questions spurred others, please make a new thread with your Q and I'll try to answer in ASAP!
This discussion has been closed.