Skip to content

Class equipment appearances

Hello,

So, I've read the class descriptions on the website and looked at the pictures, and read through some of the discussions here on the forums and was wondering about something:

What would some of the class specific equipment look like? I've read somewhere that customization won't be an option, at least in the beginning, but this had me curious.

For example, the BEAST suit on the website looks like it was designed for a human. However how would the BEAST look for a Ry'nari, or W'hoorn? Would a Shen BEAST have an elongated helmet giving an appearance similar to the Protoss or Alien? Would Elgans have tech for their size, or would they pilot the suits in a similar fashion to a Gundam or the Hulkbuster armor?

Will kithblades be a standard shape, such as a medieval longsword, or will there be a variety of shapes based on cultural preferences? Scimitars, giant bowies, etc?

Since engineers seemingly build their own tech, would there be some difference in their appearances based on racial needs? Can irill tattoos come in different designs, such as swirls or pictures, so long as the irill lines are connected? Or do the tattoos have to resemble circuit boards? 

I figure some of the answers to these questions will come from a character's personal description (such as the irill tattoos) but I was curious about the other items. I left out scoundrels because I think that was one of the discussions that stated customization wasn't a thing right away. Plus, a PIECE appears to be a pretty universal weapon (just need an appendage to hold and fire the weapon) so I doubt there would be much need to customize it based on a character's physiology.

Thanks for your responses and ideas!

Comments

• I will be investing my entire fortune in trying to get my PIECE to resemble Roland's revolvers from the Dark Tower. 

Alternatively, aa mechanica chicken that squawks when I fire would be acceptable.
  • Garrick said:
    I will be investing my entire fortune in trying to get my PIECE to resemble Roland's revolvers from the Dark Tower. 

Alternatively, aa mechanica chicken that squawks when I fire would be acceptable.
    You'll need to know what a chicken looked like. Did the Free Fleet's scientists clone chickens from food found in the prison colony? Did one of the prisoners smuggle an egg out? Did space-chickens evolve independantly from dinosaurs in some dark corner of Hororeon?
  • Malash said:
    You'll need to know what a chicken looked like. Did the Free Fleet's scientists clone chickens from food found in the prison colony? Did one of the prisoners smuggle an egg out? Did space-chickens evolve independantly from dinosaurs in some dark corner of Hororeon?
    Personally, I think they'll have tried to clone a chicken, but having never seen one, and only knowing chicken as the pre-processed chicken in patty/nuggut form they just ended up cloning vats of pink slurry that, somehow, lays eggs.
  • edited September 2018
    kay said:
    Malash said:
    Personally, I think they'll have tried to clone a chicken, but having never seen one, and only knowing chicken as the pre-processed chicken in patty/nuggut form they just ended up cloning vats of pink slurry that, somehow, lays eggs.
    Sounds like a plan.