Skip to content

Racial/Cultural Inquiries

This is for the RPers amongst us, a place where we can question about specifics not yet discussed on the race pages.

For instance: are Ry'nari only t-rex like in appearance or do they have reptilian variation? What types of clothing do they favor? Do they have a parallel to hair?

Comments

• Feathered crests for the females, but other than that dunno; I'm curious too.
  • The Ry'nari all look like the pics shown in terms of body shape, fwiw.
  • Aurelius said:
    The Ry'nari all look like the pics shown in terms of body shape, fwiw.
    Are there variations in color?
  • edited August 2018
    Yeah, along the brown/grey line with occasional undertones of red, like a reddish clay color.
  • I find myself curious about the W'hoorn. They seem to be drawing inspiration from the sphinx. Lion body, wings and all. The thing is of the two pictures on their page the female seems to have a largely humanoid face while the male is most definitely feline. Am I misinterpreting the female picture? Is it an odd case of sexual dimorphism? Do both genders have the potential to have either a feline face or a humanoid one?
  • Aurelius said:
    So regarding Ry'nari fashion, they likely don't wear shoes. Do they have any preferences in style, or do they sample the gamut?

Also, Krona have the most unique body shape; I assume they can't wear pants, but with their love of flashiness, I can't believe they don't wear any clothes.
  • kay said:
    I find myself curious about the W'hoorn. They seem to be drawing inspiration from the sphinx. Lion body, wings and all. The thing is of the two pictures on their page the female seems to have a largely humanoid face while the male is most definitely feline. Am I misinterpreting the female picture? Is it an odd case of sexual dimorphism? Do both genders have the potential to have either a feline face or a humanoid one?
    There's a range there.
  • Devina said:
    Aurelius said:
    So regarding Ry'nari fashion, they likely don't wear shoes. Do they have any preferences in style, or do they sample the gamut?

Also, Krona have the most unique body shape; I assume they can't wear pants, but with their love of flashiness, I can't believe they don't wear any clothes.
    The Ry'nari have very functional talons on their feet, so unless extra protection is required, they would rather not wear them. With most clothing having SmartCore(tm) tech, it's easy for clothing to adapt itself to fit a wide variety of body shapes, which includes the Krona.

• edited August 2018
    What about Ry'nari females' crests? What colors do those naturally occur in, and are unnatural colors available and/or culturally acceptable? And for that matter, same question for W'hoorn and Nusriza feathers.

And as for Ry'nari shoes, how about protective/decorative coverings for just the top of the foot?
  • edited August 2018
    Or rings on their talons for some fanciness. FANCY TALON RINGS!

(As the fanciest of Ry'nari females on start, talon rings are going to be a thing.)

EDIT: In the same vein as Malash's question regarding dyed feathers/fur, are there any races who are conservative with body modification? Are there any not able to support tattoos or piercings simply due to physiology? i.e. ry'nari being scaled, nusriza being feathered, nath-el having carapaces. Or is there some technology surrounding tattoos/piercings that enable it on a mass scale regardless of biology?
  • I'm still waiting for the answer to my Nusriza topic ;w;
  • So, a lot of the 'food' category in the wiki is of Elegan origin. What does a W'hoorn peasant meal look like? Or his feast? How about for a politically powerful traditionalist general? A respected elder leader's?

What do Ry'nari hordes eat when on the warpath?
    Come one, come all W'hoorn, to the Cultural Exchange where we can talk about being catbird klingons!
  • edited August 2018
    Crorr said:
    What do Ry'nari hordes eat when on the warpath?
    W'hoorn.
    After that, whatever their peasants and elder generals were feasting on.

But in all seriousness, I'm guessing lots of jerky and other forms of preserved meat.
  • While I doubt this will really be a satisfying answer, here are a couple establishments where food is sold! The Pit is a cantina/fighting club in Ostari. Dolish's Delights is a candy shop in Vertenalith.

• edited September 2018
    Meat and booze, The Pit is perfect.

Where's Vertenalith? I don't remember reading that name before. Suburb of Litharge?

EDIT: Right, I forgot, the W'hoorn capital soon-to-be smoldering crater.
  • Sorry if I should have made a new thread, but it's such a short question.

Can Nusriza smile?
  • Traveler said:
    Can Nusriza smile?
    Image result for smiling chicken
  • So their beaks are made of clay? :D
  • why not? the rest of their body is...
  • I now have a craving for cheese...
  • Even if not, they've probably got some kind of body language that serves the same function. Maybe they "smile" by ruffling feathers, or sticking their tongues out the left (not the right!) side. If it serves the same function as a smile, might as well call it one.
  • Well, that was the question. But actually, I looked up the art on the wiki, and the beak is much shorter than I remembered, leaving plenty of skin to smile with. 
  • Malash said:
    Even if not, they've probably got some kind of body language that serves the same function. Maybe they "smile" by ruffling feathers, or sticking their tongues out the left (not the right!) side. If it serves the same function as a smile, might as well call it one.
    Spontaneously laying an egg to express happiness would be the coolest.
  • Garrick said:
    Malash said:
    Even if not, they've probably got some kind of body language that serves the same function. Maybe they "smile" by ruffling feathers, or sticking their tongues out the left (not the right!) side. If it serves the same function as a smile, might as well call it one.
    Spontaneously laying an egg to express happiness would be the coolest.
    That, uh....might be a bit too happy....
  • Is there a general distinction between Tukkav hair color or length when it comes to male and female?
  • Human is an interesting question. How do we truly define it? Yes, Starmourn is taking the approach that anyone of Earth ancestry is human, but what if there were a race that is genetically and physiologically identical to those of Earth ancestry who also called themselves human? Who then would be the humans? This is something I'd love to see explored in a game.
  • I'm really interested in Decheeran culture. 
  • I would pick the race that gets stuck with all the puns. Haha.